• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
For example of what I mean, Persona 4 had you take control of a group of high school students who at night worked as detectives trying to solve the murders in their small town. Persona 5 saw a similar set up but instead of detectives the game sees you controlling a group of gentlemen thieves who would plan heists across Japan. So, taking into the idea that this pattern continues, what kind of theme do you want Persona 6 to feature?

My personal desire would be to see the group become Tokusatsu heroes.
cvtctpbnlsif5ypiphsa.png

I think it works rather well with Persona's current formula. Student by day, hero by night. Or, if you to change up the day/night cycle gameplay of Persona, you would have to levy between performing heroic duties and how it will affect the personal life of the protagonist. The monsters you fight would be like the monster of the week style formula that is common with tokusatsu shows.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
The entire series is really bad for reusing themes and archetypes, so the above idea would work well.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I want to play with actual college-aged characters so they don't put 16 year old girls in dominatrix outfits.

I know it won't happen though. LGBT characters that aren't offensive stereotypes kinda goes without saying too.

As for a tokusatsu theme, it sounds like it'd be largely a rehash of 5, where the Phantom Thieves are basically superheroes.

coryschmitz

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'm hoping for a small coastal town vibe. Maybe set in the 70s 80s or 90s & take the train around different rural areas. I'm with you though, it would be cool to have kaiju attacks instead of Midnight Channel / Palaces.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
That's not a bad idea at all, specially with how superheroes are the hottest thing right now, and the Persona series already takes a lot from Power Rangers and the like.
I'm hoping for a small coastal town vibe. Maybe set in the 70s 80s or 90s & take the train around different rural areas. I'm with you though, it would be cool to have kaiju attacks instead of Midnight Channel / Palaces.
Actually, this made me think that time travel might really work! Could fit perfectly, maybe each villain screwing something up on a specific decade and you having to go back and fix it, BttF-style.
We're sadly talking about Atlus here. If anything, considering the ending of Catherine: Full Body, we'll get a team of teenagers "curing" people out of their choice of sexuality.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
college students that don't know what to do with their life and workers rights

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I actually do think time travel would be really cool if they incorporated it into the calendar. Something like Majora's Mask.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're sadly talking about Atlus here. If anything, considering the ending of Catherine: Full Body, we'll get a team of teenagers "curing" people out of their choice of sexuality.
I know Full Body is VERY problematic.
But it also still allows your character to have a gay relationship.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This! Trans characters work perfectly with the idea of a 'persona'. Those in the closet project a persona opposite of who they truly are. Of course, that also fits LGB and A folk.

As for what OP is specifically asking for, it would be hard to go back to the days of plain high school students. The Phantom Thief gig was exciting. The proposed superhero theme works well since you get flashy costumes and, more importantly, masks that tie back into the 'persona' premise.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Stop treating LGBT+ people as (not even funny) jokes.
Age UP all of the cast members to >18.
Cut the length of the game in half.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Private School in Germany with the protagonist being a foreign exchange student from JP. Use Monster as an inspiration for the setting XD
Color Theme will be purple.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
In terms of "not having them be plain high schoolers anymore," I wonder if you could do something where like... the characters are gradually turning into inhuman, demonic creatures, and they have to hide it from society but as the game goes on this becomes harder. More SMT-like and you could have cool designs of characters that are half-demons. Like when they enter whatever is the "Persona world" of the game, they're in their demon forms, but in the real world they're human... at first.

Basically a Persona game where all the party members are Demi-Fiends.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
to be fair that never happens in the game. The whole "better lives" thing was from a tweet that didn't pan out in at least the localized version, but im fairly certain that Japanese version didnt either

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Will never happen but a post college setting with the cast living out a dreary existence of working and living as an adult. Having to reconcile that this it for them with wanting to do more.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
P3 had a student dorm, P4 had a welcoming small town host, P5 had hostile big city neglect. Wonder what's left for the homebase. Being homeless?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
NO.

I am not going to slog my way through 120 hours with a cast of characters I'm not even all that interested in again. P4 > P5 forever.

It will be no more than 60 hours, and you WILL DEAL with it.
I mean, play for as long as you're interested in it and not a second past that point but don't take the length away from those of us for whom that point never comes lol.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
persona-emancipation.jpg

Been awhile since I played Persona 5 but I really don't remember this being an actual theme of the game. So let's try it again with 6

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I know Full Body is VERY problematic.
But it also still allows your character to have a gay relationship.
Huh, does it? I guess that's something of a step forward. To be completely honest I don't always go for gay options in games, as they're usually very poorly written, like they've been made by people who've never spoken to a gay person in their life, but man, Ryuji and Yusuke were very clearly the characters with the most chemistry with the P5 protagonist, so I wish that hopefully they try and give more options in the future.
to be fair that never happens in the game. The whole "better lives" thing was from a tweet that didn't pan out in at least the localized version, but im fairly certain that Japanese version didnt either
Really? Seems like I was misinformed then, thanks.
Green? Nah...

ResetEra Purple
I was on team green, but I'm totally down on P6 being mainly purple. That color looks great on absolutely everything.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want them to use the world tour gimmick they mentioned they considered for P5.

Have it be a Persona version of Stardust Crusaders.
12158bacf3ad7ad42e9193a988af83a4.jpg

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lmfao nothing but shade thrown at atlas itt

personally i'd like to not play as teenager, so adults would be nice

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Look to the future rather than the present. The aging population, climate change, changing values, and expected economic crash.

I was so excited when these concerns were being touched upon at the start of the game via the radio, the neighbourhood chatter, etc. but then it just fizzled out.

I'd like a Shoplifters Persona.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Set it in the world of Puroresu.

A multi-national group of wrestlers has to team up to fight the shadows. Home base is Korakuen Hall.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
it should be about high school students confronting their personal issues, overcoming their fears and anxieties, and ultimately learning to accept themselves and their friends for who they are, society be damned. only this time they have to restrain themselves from sabotaging that message every step of the way. oh, and yeah it would be cool if they were power rangers.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
The main cast is a bunch of goofy cartoon animals with a mysterious past and they befriend one normal human.