• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I like threads where people talk about themselves or have conversations about each other the most. Where they tell stories and stuff.

I don't like threads that are all about making the same joke... where pages after pages posters are only trying to make the same joke in different ways but never actually engaging with the topic, like that Switch TW3 thread.

What do you guys like and what do you with there was more of?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
OTs. They can get echo chamber-y sometimes if people really like the game (or show or movie) the OT is for and start getting defensive, but otherwise they are the most.. I guess balanced sorts of threads.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
OTs. They can get echo chamber-y sometimes if people really like the game (or show or movie) the OT is for and start getting defensive, but otherwise they are the most.. I guess balanced sorts of threads.

Oh I hate OTs. I really don't like talking about things in them because I really don't like talking about something where only people who see it/play it are reading. Which is also why I never ever use community threads.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The weekend era ones, which mind you don't seem to be exclusive to weekend anymore

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love thread backfires when the OP thinks their opinion will be respected and/or supported and everybody in the thread teleports behind them and nothing personnel kids them.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like fun threads where we can make fun of ourselves and be self-deprecating. but i also like threads where we can be serious and make good points. or, you guys can. i dunno. i just wish we didn't have to worry about idiots. can there just be a captcha when you sign up: "are you a fucking idiot?"

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Honestly, I really like those threads where people dump on bad character designs or bad art or whatever. It's so fun.
And the opposite too, when people post a bunch of great art/designs and share what they like about them.

Maybe I just like looking at pictures..

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Thread backfires where the OP tries to appear reasonable at first but with each post keeps digging a deeper hole.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
comic book threads that just quickly turn into everyone sharing the most random out there comics bullshit they can remember,
those are always delightful.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
i like fun threads where we can make fun of ourselves and be self-deprecating. but i also like threads where we can be serious and make good points. or, you guys can. i dunno. i just wish we didn't have to worry about idiots. can there just be a captcha when you sign up: "are you a fucking idiot?"
"what are your thoughts on Anita Sarkeesian?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The one that has a very simple story that somehow gets worse and worse for the op as they continue to give more information

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ones similar to green waves spider man (back on GAF). I don't think those kind of threads will ever leave my mind.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I love thread backfires when the OP thinks their opinion will be respected and/or supported and everybody in the thread teleports behind them and nothing personnel kids them.
This.
I don't even remember if it was Era or GAF, but that "they DARED to feed me LAMB MEAT, and I'm outraged" thread was so good. "No, you don't understand. I'm American. We don't eat that garbage here".
So funny.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Hate Trump/Politics/Fear Mongering threads, it's just a festering pool of negativity and hatred usually. Also pretty sure it could essentially affect your mental health if you ingest all that negativity day in and day out.

I love confession threads, asking for advice threads (except when the obvious answer isn't go to the doctor!!) New technology and movie trailer threads.

Use to love Marvel and Star Wars threads, but there is a small portion of that fan base here that makes me feel embarrassed to like the same thing they do.

Oh and love car chase threads! Those are fun

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The ones where OP gets enraged by or can't logically comprehend some miniscule thing society does, like saying hello to one another or something.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Funny threads, wholesome animal threads, poll threads, John Kowalski threads

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Batshit crazy weekend threads are the best. I wish the moderation here wasn't as strict as it is and would have let these threads to go on. I really miss crazy threads of the old place.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
The ones where OP gets enraged by or can't logically comprehend some miniscule thing society does, like saying hello to one another or something.
Speaking of which, help me avoid making a similar thread:
When American tourists come up and say "How are you?", what's the proper response? I've tried everything (like answering, for example saying "Good, and you?". Or ignoring it as a question and responding with "How are you?" or "Hi"), and I always got some sort of bewildered hesitation in return.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I like ones where people make obviously horrible life choices but are oblivious to it and wonder what went wrong. But the absolute best are the ones where the OP isn't revealing the whole truth, and it isn't until pages in that it is uncovered and it backfires on them and they are truly shamed for existing.