1. Shard Shinjuku

Shard Shinjuku
    Member OP

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/16/politics/paul-manafort-virginia-jail-life/index.html

2. Volimar

Volimar

Give him a break, it's his first day. He will get the hang of it.

3. UltraGashInferno

UltraGashInferno
    Self-Requested Ban Member

I just assume guys like him get to make huge pasta dinners in their cells like in Goodfellas and live like they're under house arrest in a small apartment.

4. Hours Left

Hours Left

Boo fucking hoo.

5. Username1198

Username1198

Good. I hope he’s lives a long, long miserable life behind bars.

Hopefully he’s the first of many on team trump that deserves life in jail.

6. Amalthea

Amalthea

All this just for bringing coffee once or twice. My, my, my, what a shame...

7. MrRob

MrRob
    Banned Member

It makes me so happy to know he's miserable. I hope many more in Trump's circle get to experience a slice of the misery they so love subjecting everyone to.

8. Green Mario

Green Mario

"He had lived for the last eight months in his Alexandria, Virginia, condo under house arrest -- a circumstance so confined and uncomfortable, a doctor wrote to the judge regarding his conditions."

Bruhhhhhhh.
    I just don't understand.

9. Doomshroom

Doomshroom
    Banned Member

ofcourse thats what they are going to say. I bet he wishes he was back in house arrest now, die in jail traitor :)

10. Speevy

Speevy

Either it's been too long since I've seen The Godfather or you're thinking of Goodfellas.

11. blame space

blame space
    Resettlement Advisor Member

so confined and uncomfortable what?

12. Ninja

Ninja

It's okay, MI6 is going to bust him out any day now.

13. UltraGashInferno

UltraGashInferno

lol I was thinking one thing and ended up typing the wrong mob movie that starts with "G"

14. Thaedolus

Thaedolus

My wife accidentally took both sets of car keys to work today, with plans to go out with her mother afterward, so I was essentially stranded in the house all Saturday...the thought of that in perpetuity is awful. But then again I'm not a treasonous bitch tampering with witnesses.

15. WordAssassin

WordAssassin

Is the purpose here to make us feel bad or sorry for him? As Hours Left eloquently said, boo fucking hoo.

16. Shard Shinjuku

Shard Shinjuku
    Member OP

No, this is very matter of fact.

17. Kenai

Kenai

Not nearly as much suffering in that article as I was hoping but I guess there's still time. He won't be the last, either.

18. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

Like just watxh some tv or something, he was living the good life

19. Luchashaq

Luchashaq
    Banned Member

Garbage article that is seemingly trying to get sympathy for him.

Oh boo fucking who my condo is so opressive.

There are thousands of people in prison for months without anverdict because of a thousand dollar or even less bail they can't pay because they are poor as fuck.

Get fucked every rich prick who finally experiences even a smidge of justice.

20. carlsojo

carlsojo

21. Speevy

Speevy

They should send him to an immigrant detention center.

22. JetmanJay

JetmanJay

Exactly. :/ I guess this VIP shit was Trumps doing?

23. Dalek

Dalek

I have to be honest-house arrest seems like a dream come true for me.

24. zer0blivion

zer0blivion

25. asmith906

asmith906

No wonder he feels comfortable contacting witnesses. There's literally no consequences for the actions of these people. I highly doubt someone like Manafort would turn on Trump. Not when Trump can just tweet about how unfairly he's being treated and just pardon him and his supporters would cheer.

26. stew

stew

Come on... You can't be this stupid...

27. Woody

Woody

Today I learned some jails have Facebook pages with inmate reviews. That's kinda fucked up.

... And fuck Paul Manafort.

28. BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Good news is he's getting moved soon and won't get vip treatment where he will be held.

29. Woody

Woody

Learn what "literally no consequences" actually means. This is a story about a formerly wealthy campaign manager and his new life in Federal prison.

30. Pooh

Pooh

Jesus fucking christ get a clue people, stop giving him electronics of any kind

31. HStallion

HStallion

I'd have to guess Mueller is having him watched like a hawk. Hell if anything he might just be watching Manafort further incriminate and fuck himself.

32. sangreal

sangreal

lmao

33. lenovox1

lenovox1

I'm sure he's in a low security facility, but why would the warden allow any of this? It's why he was detained in the first place.

JetmanJay, I'm guessing you're right.

34. adj_noun

adj_noun

After being stripped of his electronic devices, Manafort's lawyers motioned for him to be allowed visiting hours with his pet carrier pigeon, Beaky, along with a pen and some paper to enable him to draw the bird's portrait.

35. Some people...

Not only do the rules not apply there playing a different game.

It's good enough for Ant-Man this bitch can suck it up.

36. Lots of rich people (especially if you have political ties) get "perks" like that when they go to jail. Reminds me of Martha Stewart's cushy "Club Fed" stint.

American justice system is a sick joke

37. carlsojo

carlsojo

I remember when it got announced he was going to jail I asked if he was going to real jail or rich people jail and posters here mocked me. Wow, surprise, the rich lawyer goes to a rich person jail.

38. Not surprised.

39. Thorn

Thorn

Rich People Jail is still a better life style than what most college students have.

40. asmith906

asmith906

That doesn't really seem like jail to me. Dude is basically on house arrest in a different location. This man is pretty much accused of committing treason and is living better in jail than someone who gets sent in for something minor. I also fully believe no matter what he's convicted of he'll be pardoned by Trump.

41. Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

He can send emails from his jail.

42. antonz

antonz

He is being moved to a new facility ahead of his trial. He tried to fight the move but the judge rejected it. He also tried to bullshit for a delay that he was not ready due to improper facilities etc. but was caught on recorded calls saying he had reviewed everything etc. and was ready.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nafort-a-prison-vip-who-can-prepare-for-trial

43. and we’re happy

44. CrankyJay

CrankyJay

Won’t trump just pardon him in a bit?

45. WiiDSmoker

WiiDSmoker
    Banned Member

Get fucked lol. Dude is beyond stupid.

46. RedValkyrie

RedValkyrie

Why is he allowed to have all of those amenities?

This guy practically committed treason yet he's being treated like king.

47. Username1198

Username1198

Just read about this, LMAO at the judges response. Get burned traitor

48. Surfinn

Surfinn

Is this real fucking life

49. Woody

Woody

He's not alone. I get the point you and the other person I quoted before are trying to make, but to keep repeating this 'literally no consequences' line is absurd.

50. Daphne

Daphne

This is disgusting. So he gets VIP treatment for what reason exactly? Connections? Money? Isolation for safety I can understand, but he should be treated like any prisoner. But nope, he's of the elite class. What a sick joke this system is. And why the fuck would you allow someone in jail for witness tampering over email and phones access to computers and phones. Jesus.