• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me, Witcher 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are both extremely engaging with their constant stream of interesting content just a few seconds or minutes away. As a result, they feel much shorter than their length, to me.

How about you? And on the other hand, are there any short games that felt overly long to you?

Oct 30, 2017
Witcher 3 for sure. Saw I had 40+ hours of playtime once I finished, felt like 20.

Skyrim as well. Very easy to get lost in for me. A very timeless game.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Skyrim - Always wish there was more in the game.

Gears of War 4 is not very long, but it is a slog to play.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo Witcher 3.

The story was constantly engaging, as were the side quests so it always felt like you were doing something meaningful. It helped that grinding wasn't really necessary.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Witches 3 felt long to me, even if it was good. Not a story game, but ver game of civilisation ever feels shorter than it actually is.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
It took me 97 hours to beat Dragon Quest XI and it felt much shorter than that. Very excited to get even more time in with the Switch version.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim

Also Control. It felt shorter than it actually took to beat.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
111 hours in Age of Wonders: Planetfall has gone by like nothing. And I'm not even through the campaign yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5. I immediately started another playthrough after finishing it lol. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't find it to be a "goddamn slog".

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I beat God of War in like multiple 9+ hour bursts over the course of a couple days, including most of the side content, and it just felt natural. Echoing Witcher 3 as well.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
God of War flew by for me by comparison to Spider-Man of that same year, which dragged in the middle third for me.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The Pokémon RPGs for me, I often put in 100 hours or more and they just feel like the average game in terms of length.
Witcher 3 for me. Only game that by the end, I was still as thirsty as the second I started playing it.
That feeling when you're just walking around Kaer Morhen post-game, I started a second playthrough straight after.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
A good 4x and grand strategy game will do this for me. Games like Civ 5, Stellaris, Age of Wonders 3, Master of Orion, Galciv and the Endless games all have the effect when I feel like I've played them for like an hour and am shocked to realise it's been four.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
At about 110 hours for the plat, DQ11 didn't feel that long, despite me having some issues with the second act. And yeah, 300 some-odd hours between the Wii U and Switch versions of BOTW in retrospect didn't really seem like enough.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Xenoblade. Actually waste 70 hours +- each replay, but it feels like 15 at most.

Trails games as well. They're like 50+ hours games but you always want more.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I put 108 hours in God of War and it really didn't feel like that.

also Breath of the Wild. 200 hours.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The Witcher 3. - Was legit shook when I saw my playtime.

90+ Hours of Bayonetta - Aiming for all Pure Platinum takes time.
Still the most hours ive played in an Action Beat'em up.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ni No Kuni 1, did the platinum because the story wasn't "enough" for me.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I'll throw in another for Breath of the Wild. I feel like I blasted through that game, but it was just one hell of an experience that felt like a 20 hour outing, when it really was 100+ hours.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption 2. Both games I played over 100 hours but it never felt long winded and I was always excited to keep going.

Oct 25, 2017
God of War (2018). I apparently put in 40+ hours on that game. Sure didn't feel like it.
Same with Red Dead Redemption, although that one is a bit weird. It didn't feel like 36 hours, but I did feel the game was about 5 hours longer then it should have been. It's a weird dichotomy for me with that game.
Dragon Quest VIII. I always feel like I only put about 50 hours into that game. Then, I look at my actual play time, which is over 80 hours.
I'll echo Breath of the Wild as well.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Long games pretty much always feel long to me. Pikmin 3 sort of flew by, though. I suppose Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 didn't feel quite as long as they were but even those felt too long to replay.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
World of Warcraft: TBC, God of War (2018), and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Time just flew by on WoW, days were over before I even realized they had passed.

I did 10+ hour chunks on God of War without feeling it go by.

I remember sitting down to play NNK at around noon and a couple hours later realizing it was dark out and that it had actually been several hours.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Witcher 3, in the very start it felt like a slow burn but when you get into it, abilities and equipment, I'd kill 8 hours at a time and never feel it. I think in total, over 200 hours, and they flew by

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Persona 5 would definitely have to be the longest game I've played in quite some time clocking in at 130+ hrs. It was a fun enjoyable time it did feel like it was still 60-70 long though but damn I can't wait for royal.

God of War for me only felt long when I was fighting the Valkyries underleved (first one I found took me 3 hrs on hard). I believe I was around the 35-40 hr Mark while looking for everything but seriously felt like a 15 hr game when everything was all said and done. Fantastic game.

Final Fantasy IX I just love this game and it never seems be a 35-40+ hr adventure(sometimes I grind grand dragons for hrs) that I absolutely adore. It feels like a 20 hr game or less for me at tops every run through. Still my favorite game.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
My first playthrough of Dark Souls was probably 60+ hours and it mostly flew by. I did put it down for weeks at a time on a couple of the tougher bosses, though.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Hollow Knight. By the time I was nearing 112% I was desperately looking for more ways to eke out more time and find even more things to do because it all flew by for me so quickly.