• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What makes you happy?

Is it hanging with your SO? Is it completing a challenging project at work? Is it creamy Alfredo pasta? Is it finally getting that gold cup in 150cc in Mario Kart? Is it unboxing a brand new tech gadget?

Deleted member 28131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Music from my favourite bands, family, a good video game, not being at work, going out with friends, women, my pet bird, dogs.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
- Enough money to not worry/think about money
- Time to spend with people I care about
- Lazy mornings and sunshine

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Travelling, feeling the ocean breeze, being in water, chilling with my bae, sushi

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good food
Patriots crushing everyones hopes and dreams
Good food while watching Patriots crush hopes and dreams

Also sad music

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't a lot of happiness left in my life anymore but I'd say my friends and music.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • My wife
  • My cat
  • Fulfilling entertainment
  • Good sesame chicken
  • Bad things happening to bad people (i.e; the Alt-Right i.e; Nazis)

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weed, lots of it.

No seriously, the moments I'm the most happy is when I have a good meal in front of me. When I'm crashed on the couch with my GF with a fire going on. When I'm playing a really good game and realize it or when I know it before release and receive/buy a copy on launch day, hyped as fuck. When things go smoothly at work. When I see a good friend and we spend quality time. The morning coffee is also synonym of happiness to me, I'm addicted to that shit. :lol

All these little moments I appreciate a lot because I'm aware that I'm living a privileged life. We live in such an unjust world I can only be thankful for having such luxuries in my day to day. So many people I cross path with never seem to not realize that, we're living the good life.

Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2018
I've been way happier since I quit weed almost five months ago. It's been so easy to experience genuine happiness again, I honestly thought I had lost it forever.
  • Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pikmin 3, Paper Mario, Rock Band 4 and several other video games never let me down.
  • My collection of vintage clothes is a sight to behold.
  • Cute dogs and other animals.
  • Listening to my favorite albums.
  • Watching PokĂ©mon TCG unboxings on YouTube.
  • Soft drinks.
  • Looking at my video game collection and remembering all the good times I've had.
  • A truly beautiful woman (hard to come by these days).
  • Writing long e-mails to my pen pal.
  • Watching my favorite movies and television shows.
  • Enjoying a nice cold beer and a cigarette every so often.
  • Looking at the stars.
  • Looking at the clouds.
  • Wondering about life.
  • Knowing that I'll find love again someday.
I'm a simple man.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
  • My family
  • My dog
  • Reading books
  • Listening to music
  • Traveling to different countries
  • Enjoying new foods or cuisines
  • Certain holidays, like Christmas

Then there are the little pleasures, like taking an extra long hot shower or having a drink after doing yard work or home improvement.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Photography. Nothing else I do makes me feel like I'm leaving the world in a better place then I found it.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I was asked this question about 6 months ago, I'm still having a hard time narrowing this down.
There are many things that I enjoy, but the good feelings are fleeting and generally only exist while experiencing these things.

I love my family, my best friend, my cat (my heart melts in his presence). I love animals and interacting with them. I don't think there's anything as pure as a happy dog.
I'm not generally a happy person though, often I'm in a kinda "neutral" blank state where I just push bad feelings away.

I guess music creation, playing and recording, accomplishing something musical. These can make me happy.
It also can backfire massively, it's so overwhelming and too often I swing and miss, which leaves me discouraged and not wanting to touch the guitar for a while. I haven't picked up my guitar since November due to this irrational fear.

Sorry for the ramble, today is just one of those days.

Oct 27, 2017
Snowboarding.

It's the only time my mind feels completely free and focused. There's nothing in my mind but my line and the next turn. No worries or stress or anxiety.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Good food and good company

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
-GF
-Friends
-Little Nephews
-Winning at Rocket League
-Day of work done
-Personal goal achieved
-Hike lasting over 2 hours
-Bike Ride
-Good night of sleep
-Discovering new things
-Experiencing new things

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Traveling
Good spicy food
Fighting game tournaments
Learning about different cultures
Taiwanese Apple Sidra
People who can handle and enjoy trash talk

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I love good food. Never fails to cheer me up, especially if I cooked it myself. On the flip side, dieting is downright depressing.

Also any form of physical affection. Hugs, head pats, hand on shoulder etc.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Making someone's day objectively better, hanging out with friends, ASMR, Spider-Man media, Disneyland, 00's Pop R&B

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Doing something right
Kissing
Having an orgasm
Eating a nice meal
That moment when the wind blows in your face and you feel alive

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a good reminder of what makes our days a bit better, and I hope all of you have something that makes you happy, whether it be material or personal.

- Being with my significant other
- Shonen manga
- Old video games
- Gunpla
- IKEA and home design
- Clothing fashion
- 90s music (eurobeat, city pop, rock, hip hop)
- Japanese culture
- HP Lovecraft, H.R. Giger Art, ZDZISLAW BEKSINSKI Art, Bloodborne, Junji Ito. (Basically horror fantasy, cosmic horror, gothic fantasy)
- My close family.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Travel and planning out holidays.

I get soo much joy from researching every single part of places I want to go to, look at stuff to do, places to check out and eat at. Watching videos on YouTube, looking at pictures from Tripadvisor and all that.

Just wish I had more money for the actually travel part :P

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Travelling, good food, chilling with friends, doggos, a good video game, dank memes and a multitude of other shit

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red meat

85021089-juicy-steak-rare-beef-with-spices-on-a-wooden-board-and-garnish-of-asparagus-.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I can't remember the last time I was truly happy. It's been years. Maybe a decade, or close to it.

Leafs wins
My cat
Sleep
Books

...help