• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
My wife and I are planning to have a kid in a couple of years but I'll admit we thought long and hard about it. From a logical perspective it makes little sense. Kids are a drain mentally, financially and physically and that's before you mention the potentially devastating impact of child birth.

We still want to experience raising a child. I don't think we expect our lives to get better or worse, just different. There are pros and cons to having a child or not but we want to experience it.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Life is pretty damn boring if youre childless in your 30s. I had my first kid at 34 and prior to that my life consisted of work, starbucks and my friends cancelling on weekend plans due to family obligations.

I'm 36 and husband is 39, we aren't bored at all! Maybe you need more hobbies.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Life is pretty damn boring if youre childless in your 30s. I had my first kid at 34 and prior to that my life consisted of work, starbucks and my friends cancelling on weekend plans due to family obligations.

You need more imagination. Our lives are packed full of fun stuff in our 30s, it's the best our lives have ever been. We're better off financially too so we can afford to do all the things we want.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Think of it like learning to play the piano. It takes time, it is exhausting, but it is much more rewarding in the long run than, say, playing Dota 2 for 5000 hours.

Raising a child is the hardest way in the short to middle term, but it is the most fulfilling and rewarding experience in the long term.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Your priorities change. I just went on a three night stag and during that time, I would rather have been at home with the kids in the park then having a lapdance. It could be that I have stockholm syndrome and I am just boring but spending time with the kids can be fun.