• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If you could pick one movie that you wish hadn't bombed, opening up the possibility of sequels/spin-offs/a franchise, what would it be?

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brain Candy
p17924_v_v8_aa.jpg

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Warcraft, because I wanted to see an Arthas movie. I know it wasn't a huge bomb, but it didn't make enough to warrant development of any sequels.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well theres hundreds of classics that did not make their money back if that's how we are defining bomb.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your Highness. Not as much for McBride and Green since their later work is sublime and more that even though it was a fantasy story that was comedy not drama, but not a parody. I would like more films like that (though not necessarily fantasy) where even though it's a comedy it takes place IN the genre and isn't just a parody making fun OF the genre if that makes any sense.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That was the first thing I thought of. I love Speed Racer so much... and no one else saw it.
Speed Racer would be better if everything outside of the races were cut out. Unfortunately that's like 75% of the movie. Redline is the better style over subtstance racer movie.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
landscape-1498488623-dredd-2012.jpg

The 2012 Judge Dredd movie. Though I hear the IP owners, Rebellion, have now just bought a $100 million dollar facility in the UK and are now working on a "Mega City One" series. So this might not be dead.

Begbie

Oct 27, 2017
Master and Commander. It didn't exactly bomb but it didn't open the doors for more films.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a future prediction, I really hope Bumblebee does gangbusters.

The future of Transformers movies with actual Transformers and no offensive humans in them rests on its shoulders.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Tron: Legacy (it was extremely bad but I want that third movie).

I'm actually not that upset with Blade Runner 2049 bombing (it didn't deserve to, of course) because even though it's a really really fantastic film, I don't want it to be turned into a recurring franchise AND Villeneuve's career is doing just fine. Grateful that it exists but its box office receipts are unimportant to me.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sahara.

Could have been a decent brain off adventure type of series that you always seem to leave on when you're flicking channels. Probably.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
MST3K: The Movie. It wasn't a "bomb" necessarily as it was only released to 26 theaters, but the studio meddling made the process a nightmare for the guys. They originally wanted to completely focus on the characters' backstory and not the riffing. They also made they change certain riffs that were "too obscure" and add random cursing to get a PG-13 rating.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Tron Legacy is my choice. So much can be done with that franchise as evidenced by Uprising.

Other films I enjoyed that bombed aren't quite as franchise-ready.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure many will disagree but Solo. The tease at the end made me want to see where they were planning to go with things.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna echo whoever says Warcraft, for the exact same reasons. The Arthas story would have been fantastic.