• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Speed Racer man. I wish they cut all the scenes with the kid and chimp, that would have been a glorious cut.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Guys, as much as I enjoyed it and it reflects poorly on the market and films in general moving forward, Blade Runner 2049 bombing was at least good for the series. Blade Runner 1 stood perfectly on its own and by some minor miracle we ended up with a sequel 30 years later that sits snug and respectfully next to the original while also standing perfectly on its own. We've got these two beautiful films with nothing to tarnish it.

Imagine in some alternate reality where BR2049 was a mega-hit and we ended up getting 7 sequels to it turning the series into action mush. The GOT S8 of Blade Runner. Yuck. I ain't willing to gamble on that. Leave me with the two films we got. I'm happy.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Alien Vs Predator - they really screwed those up, could have been so good if they did it right.
Warcraft - really enjoyed it and would have liked a sequel.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Everyone saying Blade Runner 2049 is awesome, but y'all fucked up considering no one has mentioned the film BR failure negatively contributed to the most.

Annihilation.

I hope everyone saying BR saw this in theatres or day one on streaming where it didn't make it to theatres.

Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner 2049 is an obvious one. Not necessarily because I want sequels (I don't), but mostly because it was a rare example of a big studio taking a huge risk with a high-budget, but very niche film (remember, the first Blade Runner bombed hard in cinemas despite it's reputation).

I fear that Blade Runner's failure at the BO basically guaranteed that not a single big studio is going to take a risk like that again.

Why would you want a sequel to that monstrosity?

Warcraft actually didn't bomb though, it made a ton of money thanks to China. The reason it didn't get a sequel is because the movie itself is awful.
You didn't reply to me, but atleast I find that movie to be great. It has elements that could be better sure, but overall it's a solid first entry. That said. I really want to watch the version where they didn't cut 20 minutes right before release. Probably would have reviewed better.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I would have very much like sequel to Tron: Legacy and Dredd.

So those for now.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I still need to watch Master and Commander, looks exactly like my kind of movie. I was a little young when it came out though so I never got around to watch it.

I wish The Nice Guys did better and glad to see people brought it up here. That movie is a gem.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Missing Link

So sad to see Laika failing at the box office... though I think Missing Link was a bad idea and the design of the main I think turned people off.. that nose is atrocious.

..but Kubo and Box Trolls lost money as well.. and those are awesome movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Everything is Illuminated had done well.
I love that book and the movie was spectacular.
Everything_Is_Illuminated_film.jpg

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
If whatever movie I wish didn't bomb it might change the entire course of cinematic history and create unforeseeable ripples in the space-time continuum and the whole world might descend into chaos.
So I deem that question too dangerous.

But I wish Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets did alright, that movie was really fun and is underrated and I need more space Cara Delevingne in my life

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Pan. The movie with Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard. I thought this was quite a good film and would have loved to have seen where else they could have taken it.

Yeah, that'd be good. I remember at the time of release they were talking up all the sequels and the first movie ends as if it is to be continued, but then it never was! I'm still waiting for the sequel and so forth. It'd be kind of like just having The first Lord of the Rings movie (Fellowship of the Ring) and then nothing following on from that.

This too. Actually this is probably the worst. It feels like such an epic film and it is so sad that we now supposedly can't see anymore from it. Each time I watch it I just feel sad. They should have just continued on and made other films from that.
It's too bad Disney plus wasn't around when the original came out maybe they could've risked releasing it on the streaming service instead and that could've eaten up the costs. I miss Disney releasing action adventure movies like that weren't mcu or star wars films. I understand the budgets were way too high but the movies were certainly entertaining. We had Prince of Persia:Sands of Time , John Carter , and Lone Ranger. John Carter was easily the best out of the three but for me personally the movies were fun and enjoyable.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
Looney Tunes: Back in Action. WB basically pulled the plug on the whole brand when that movie bombed.

Also, The Powerpufd Girls Movie. The movie kinda sucked but its failure led to a dramatic shift in the culture of Cartoon Netwok in a big, bad way.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Don't know if anyone has said it yet, but David Lynch's Dune. If the studio had given him final cut privileges, shit would have been cash, and would have also opened up grounds for more big budget Lynch stuff.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, as much as I enjoyed it and it reflects poorly on the market and films in general moving forward, Blade Runner 2049 bombing was at least good for the series. Blade Runner 1 stood perfectly on its own and by some minor miracle we ended up with a sequel 30 years later that sits snug and respectfully next to the original while also standing perfectly on its own. We've got these two beautiful films with nothing to tarnish it.

Imagine in some alternate reality where BR2049 was a mega-hit and we ended up getting 7 sequels to it turning the series into action mush. The GOT S8 of Blade Runner. Yuck. I ain't willing to gamble on that. Leave me with the two films we got. I'm happy.
This.

For me, I'm gonna say Hellboy: The Golden Army, for fairly obvious reasons. Like BR2049, I'm delighted that it exists; unlike BR2049, I actually want a sequel to it.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Warcraft. I didn't particularly care for it but if it had done well, we could have gotten adaptations for Warcraft 3's events. That's where the good stuff is.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I posted earlier but I'm going to add another one.

Alita: Battle Angel

That was highly entertaining and despite doing pretty decent, it didn't make enough to likely green lit a sequel and the ending left it begging for one.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
It's on page one but Speed Racer.

Also Superman Returns. It didn't exactly bomb, it did better than Batman Begins IIRC at the box office, but it had previous failed attempts lumped into the budget. Would have loved to see that series version of Man Of Steel, though the potential script leaks sounded horrible so maybe it's for the best.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Warcraft
Loved how it treated magic users

Dredd
I want the continuing adventures of rookie Anderson, plus it used 3d really well.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Avengers: Endgame, goddamn this movie was done so well, it's such a shame we won't get ever get to Secret War or Avengers Vs. X-Men.
Warcraft

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy, only because I wish we could get more mature cgi animation movies. I would have loved to have seen World of Warcraft full movie done in the cgi trailer art style.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
BR: 2049
Dredd
Master and Commander (this movie's sound design is so fucking good)
Tron: Legacy

Glad to see all of them have been mentioned.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah definetly going with Laika films.

Wish at least one of them will end up making more than it spent, but no luck so far.

It's a good thing they're funded by a billionaire then I suppose.