• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I still need to watch Master and Commander, looks exactly like my kind of movie. I was a little young when it came out though so I never got around to watch it.
I need to revisit it, I went with my grandfather when it came out, I was 12 and remember pretty much nothing other than being super bored but he loved it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alita. Liked it way better than I thought I would. Things like Scott Pilgrim, Nice Guys, 2049, all should have done better but them existing is enough.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not sure how many of these were actual bombs vs just not doing well enough for a sequel but in no particular order...

Power Rangers
John Carter
TMNT: Out of the Shadows
Hellboy 2019
Valerian

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo all the 2049 votes

I'm not sure how many of these were actual bombs vs just not doing well enough for a sequel but in no particular order...

Power Rangers
John Carter
TMNT: Out of the Shadows
Hellboy 2019
Valerian
I appreciated the new direction that Bay series went and enjoyed the films for the stupidity that they were. I wish we got more craziness as well but it isn't meant to be unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Three of my favourite films are Sunshine, Dredd and Scott Pilgrim and they all did poorly at the box office.

Out of these I guess the one I'd like to be the biggest success would be Dredd because it has by far the most potential for sequels/a spin off TV show.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
landscape-1498488623-dredd-2012.jpg

The 2012 Judge Dredd movie. Though I hear the IP owners, Rebellion, have now just bought a $100 million dollar facility in the UK and are now working on a "Mega City One" series. So this might not be dead.
This.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Citizen Kane or Magnificent Ambersons. One wonders what a financially sound Orson Welles could have accomplished in Hollywood (though I fear "financial soundness" wasn't in his character even if his first two movies *had* been hits).

The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China also deserved to send Carpenter straight to the genre A list instead of turning him tired and bitter. Alas.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Dredd or Tron: Legacy. I love the first Tron so much so maybe if it had gotten a chance they would have eventually made a decent sequel.

And Dredd was just plane amazing and Karl Urban was meant to play him.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blade Runner 2049, I know it's already been said dozens of time in this thread but I don't give a shit.

It's a modern classic and I think it's going to be another 30 years before we see something else like it.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Blade Runner 2049
Ghost In The Shell
Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets
Event Horizon
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Recently the Man from Uncle (mentioned above) and Blade Runner (also mentioned above).

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Heaven's Gate

Unfairly maligned because of the production. Punching-bagged to the point of ending the 70's auteur era. What ended up on the screen are some of the most beautiful scenes ever put to film. Z-Channel got it. The last of the great epics, something we'll never see again in the digital age. There's a great Criterion edition.

Time Has Been Kind to 'Heaven's Gate'

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The worst part of 2049 is, that it legitimately had potential to change something if it had made the money it should have. I hate that you usually have to choose between visual spectactle + eye candy and substance in the story that makes you think. Getting both almost never happens in the same film, but I love both aspects! Blade Runner 2049 was as mesmerizing audiovisually as Avatar was in its own way, while also having the story to back it up. Shame it will exactly stay that way now, but at least we got that movie we didn't deserve

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure many will disagree but Solo. The tease at the end made me want to see where they were planning to go with things.
I agree. I found Solo to be a well-balanced movie that was extremely enjoyable to watch. I don't really care for the ending because I had enough of him in Clone Wars and Rebels, but I would have liked more Solo movies.