• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
The Nice Guys should've launched a renaissance of the buddy cop genre
Warcraft, because I wanted to see an Arthas movie. I know it wasn't a huge bomb, but it didn't make enough to warrant development of any sequels.
877223.jpg

Era's favorite movie, BR2049
this thread knows what I want

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Sorry to bump this thread but I would say Cowboys & Aliens. I just watched the movie for the first time since when it was released in 2011. I really enjoyed it. I know most ppl were turned off by the premise but I liked it allot. I think Harrison Ford did a pretty good job as one of the co leads. I also enjoyed Favreaus direction. The movie made only 175 million on a 165 million budget so it bombed pretty hard

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grindhouse. It was such a great theater experience. I wish there were sequels. There are so many directors I would love to see take a crack at that format. I also just genuinely love Death Proof, which most people seem to hate.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Not sure if I posted already since I'm too lazy to check but I'm gonna say John Carter. I left theaters with it on my mind and excited for the sequel. Then I saw what it did opening weekend and :(

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Mad Max had just gotten a release in China it could have made bank...

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Fantasia. I searched every page and I can't believe I'm the first to mention this.

It's my favorite film of all time, and it breaks my heart that it nearly killed Disney, and as a result, I'm convinced forever changed the trajectory of animation during its early, pivotal years. I can only imagine how much more ambitious and varied animated films would've been throughout the decades if that film had taken off.

Nov 23, 2017
Ghostbusters 2016. It's not my favorite but dammit do I love Holtzmann. Ugh, I wish it was better and I wish it was given a chance.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warcraft. It deservedly bombed because it sucked from a standard viewpoint, but I wish it hadn't so we could have gotten the Arthas story in the big screens, they were setting up for a trilogy but plans aborted when it bombed badly.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hot Take: I'm okay 2049 bombed instead of galvanizing a new wave of hollow imitations/unnecessary sequels to follow it.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner 2049

...but to be honest, i'm not sure how a sequel would work out for it.

I love BR for the detective and mystery thing, but if it's just Deckard on the run, it wouldn't really be what I'm looking for.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Justice league

I liked that movie, hell I liked Batfleck, Henry cavil as Superman etc. Movie ended in a good note too, shame that it bomb'd and Batfleck is no more, and Henry cavil's Superman is over just as it was getting good.

Now the DCEU continuity is fucked T_T

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warcraft, because I wanted to see an Arthas movie. I know it wasn't a huge bomb, but it didn't make enough to warrant development of any sequels.

Tbh I thought it was going to crater so hard it'd kill any chance of a video game adaptation of that scope again... I'm thankful it came out even if not a little in the black.

On topic: I wish Mad Max had done $1billy so we'd be getting a franchise w/ Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron helmed by George Miller.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Tron_Legacy_Sequel.0.jpg

The world/franchise has so much potential....
Tron 3 could've been like Digimon or something, where the programs are invading the real world.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Solo.

We could've had more fun adventures with Han and have seen Qi'ra and Maul doing some baller shit. We would've also gotten one movie a year.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Movie was great trashy fun and I still don't get all the bad reviews

Same here. The reviews were kind of in the back of my mind (and lowered my expectations) throughout the film. Kept waiting for it to get bad, or for me to hate it and it never happened. Have no idea how it at least did not score around 2014 or Skull Island. I actually preferred it over both of those, and I loved Skull Island.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Warcraft.

I thought it was a ton of fun, we don't get many fantasy-based movies, and I it might have my favorite visuals for magic/spells in any movie yet.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Solo. I thought the movie itself was only fair, but I like where it ended and I'd love to see more of the underworld and Maul's power grab at building up his underworld empire to get his revenge on Palpatine.

I also hate how its failure gave fodder to alt-right you tubers as evidence that Star Wars is a failing brand.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Power Rangers reboot felt like something that really had potential. Shame we won't ever get a sequel.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner 2049

Miami Vice from 2006. It had a great look. It had a great cast. But, the story was erratic. Too much time was spent on a romance subplot to the point where the main plot felt like it was missing scenes. They had problems with locations because of hurricanes in Miami and the fear of violent crime in Haiti. I think a second movie could have fixed those problems and been a hit.