• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarlingDixie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished:

images

I've been meaning to get through all of these to make it to Ash vs. Evil Dead, tonight's the night!

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starry Eyes: one of my favorite recent horror movies and, oh, so relevant re: Weinstein. Wonderful performances and a soundtrack to die for.

Baskin: delicious body horror that is as conceptually complex as it is fascinating and beautiful. Not for the faint of heart.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake)
CFpsCo

&

Fright Night (1985)
f5ptWz

Never seen the Dead remake but heard good things. Grew up with Fright Night as a Halloween favorite and looking forward to the rewatch.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
Might just watch Suspiria again later tonight and pair it with The Shining. A nice one-two punch of my favorite horror films.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I watched 31 horror/monster/horror-themes movies this October. Every 31st october a friend, my brother and i watch a horror movie together. This year it was my friends time to choose a movie and he picked Hellraiser wich he had never seen. For me it must have been 10 years since i last saw it and damn that transformation scene is out of this world! Amazing effects. Good movie overall but the best ones i've seen this halloween-season(of the ones i had never seen before) must have been The Void, OG Nosferatu and The Devil's Candy. I had also not seen the last three Chucky-movies and i gotta say Seed of Chucky was crazy entertaining! Loved it!

NES

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 4. The classic trio for me.
just watch 3 and call it a night ;)

in all seriousness, this is one of the first years I'm not rewatching the entire Halloween franchise + Zombie's films.

granted, I never watch them in a single day. I start the marathon a few days before Halloween. I picked up the bluray box set years ago and some of the extended features are legit af.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
I watched 31 horror/monster/horror-themes movies this October. Every 31st october a friend, my brother and i watch a horror movie together. This year it was my friends time to choose a movie and he picked Hellraiser wich he had never seen. For me it must have been 10 years since i last saw it and damn that transformation scene is out of this world! Amazing effects. Good movie overall but the best ones i've seen this halloween-season(of the ones i had never seen before) must have been The Void, OG Nosferatu and The Devil's Candy. I had also not seen the last three Chucky-movies and i gotta say Seed of Chucky was crazy entertaining! Loved it!

Do yourself a favor and see Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky. it amazes me what sort of rebound the franchise has had with those two in particular, and it's also really continuity focused.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Watching one I haven't seen: the Blackcoat's Daughter. I've heard good things.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Do yourself a favor and see Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky. it amazes me what sort of rebound the franchise has had with those two in particular, and it's also really continuity focused.
I linked to a list in my post and i saw them. I had only seen up to Bride of Chucky so now i watched all seven of them. Didn't like Curse all that much but Cult was really good! And yeah, the ongoing story from the first one with all the crazy stuff that happend in Bride and Seed blending together is really cool. and it helps that they still have the same writer.

Might just watch Suspiria again later tonight and pair it with The Shining. A nice one-two punch of my favorite horror films.
Funny, both of those movies where screened all over Sweden in theatres tonight http://i.imgur.com/qFrgmgu.png

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Just went through Train of Busan to finish up my little horror watching list this month, and I thought it was fitting to end it with this movie, since I started with the original Night of the Living Dead back on the 1st.

m-traintobusan.jpg

Man that highly enjoyable and packed one hell of a punch at the end. Great stuff when it came to the zombies too.

Also, Kind of funny seeing this and Night of the Living Dead as bookends for my list in a particular way (out of a few).

Both pretty much have a similar situation at the end with different outcomes when the survivors are encountered by others. In Night of the Living Dead, Ben survives the night, but ends up being killed when someone mistakes him for a zombie. In Train to Busan, Soo-an and Seong-kyeong were about to be killed by soldiers, but Soo-an starts singing Aloha 'Oe (which I really lost it here), and thus the soldiers realized they were survivors.

MisterShine

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Cleve
I've got a 3 movie line up tonight, of ones I love but haven't seen in a while

1. The Thing
  2. Cabin in the Woods
  3. Evil Dead 2

edit: Train to Busan is exceptional.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Binging the Treehouse of Horrors because I haven't watched the Simpsons in forever and miss it.

wait those aren't movies :(

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Went to see The Shining in a cinema, first time I've ever done that (I've seen it before though.) That movie holds up bloody well.

Oct 27, 2017
Having an issue watching any horror movies that I really want to see so just going to watch stranger things.

Though for anybody that wants to watch a really scary movie should watch the wailing. Best horror movie I've seen since the vvitch.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm watching Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow right now. This is probably just the second or third time I've seen it in almost 30 years. I never realized what a dick Ichabod was in it. I'll probably watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown next.

Alizer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still undecided. My options are The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, We Are Still Here and The Exorcist but I won't have time to watch all of them.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Night almost over and haven't watched a single Halloween movie all month.

Maybe i'll squeeze in some Courage the Cowardly Dog before the day's done.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Wife and I watched Poltergeist (1982) and we both enjoyed it. I didn't think it was that scary except for the clown, but it was creepy. The special effects are definitely outdated, which took me out of some scenes, but I can see how it scared people back in the day. I liked The Exorcist and The Shining better.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
Wife and I watched Poltergeist (1982) and we both enjoyed it. I didn't think it was that scary except for the clown, but it was creepy. The special effects are definitely outdated, which took me out of some scenes, but I can see how it scared people back in the day. I liked The Exorcist and The Shining better.
The Shining is top tier and will continue to hold up, poltergeist is really fun though (I agree about the clown part) still it holds up in it's own campy way (because it's pre CG era mostly)

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
On and off been watching the Halloween marathon on AMC..and Halloween is officially for this year in the USA, See you Next Halloween!
(still watching the marathon though, and eating some candy!!)

OP
OP
Hamoody

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
Late to the party, but I did a blog post this year on my top 10 underrated horror films, if you haven't seen these, give them a go!

10. Spring
9. Bone Tomahawk
8. Hush
7. The Monster
6. Creep
5. The Descent
4. The Gravedancers
3. Housebound
2. Alien Abduction: Incident In Lake County
1. Trick R' Treat - my absolute favorite Halloween movie of ALL TIME

Out of all those, I've seen Hush, The Descent, and Trick R' Treat. I had Bone Tomahawk on a watch list for a while now, might see it in a few days.

yodandy

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all those, I've seen Hush, The Descent, and Trick R' Treat. I had Bone Tomahawk on a watch list for a while now, might see it in a few days.

Bone Tomahawk is probably the least 'horror' of all of those, but boy is it horrific in parts. If you're looking for more, my co-editor wrote up his picks as well, here they are:

10. Coherence
9. Eden Lake
8. Unfriended
7. The House Of The Devil
6. You're Next
5. Cabin In The Woods
4. Evil Dead
3. The Crazies
2. The Guest
1. The Collector

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Was gonna watch Amityville Awakening, but then the weinstein name came up on the credits and we just turned it off.

OP
OP
Hamoody

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
Bone Tomahawk is probably the least 'horror' of all of those, but boy is it horrific in parts. If you're looking for more, my co-editor wrote up his picks as well, here they are:

10. Coherence
9. Eden Lake
8. Unfriended
7. The House Of The Devil
6. You're Next
5. Cabin In The Woods
4. Evil Dead
3. The Crazies
2. The Guest
1. The Collector

I've probably seen 5 movies from this list, but the Collector is a movie I keep getting requests from friends to watch.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Hocus Pocus and the original Pennywise last night. :)

Still need to catch up on the new Stranger Things.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Late to the party, but I did a blog post this year on my top 10 underrated horror films, if you haven't seen these, give them a go!

10. Spring
9. Bone Tomahawk
8. Hush
7. The Monster
6. Creep
5. The Descent
4. The Gravedancers
3. Housebound
2. Alien Abduction: Incident In Lake County
1. Trick R' Treat - my absolute favorite Halloween movie of ALL TIME

This is a cool blog. Definitely going to watch some of these (and some from other posts on there).

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to find time to watch the new season is proving to be difficult for me. As well as trying to avoid spoilers was a challenge.

I hear ya.

I was looking forward all year to the 27th, but I just hadn't had the time to watch yet. Last week (and the week before) was hectic with college and then we got three puppies on Sunday. I'm probably just gonna watch an episode or two a day rather than binging the whole thing.

And yeah, I know what you mean about the spoilers. :( I tend to listen to instrumental pieces on Youtube while creatively writing, and I had Batman Begins OST on play, on the sidebar I was recommended an FMV (fanmade music video) of Stranger Things and the thumbnail featured two kids (won't say who) and the background set made it obvious as to what was going on. I was a bit ticked since I would've loved to be surprised with that on the show.

That being said, I wish you luck avoiding spoilers and I hope you will be able to watch soon. :)

OP
OP
Hamoody

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
I hear ya.

I was looking forward all year to the 27th, but I just hadn't had the time to watch yet. Last week (and the week before) was hectic with college and then we got three puppies on Sunday. I'm probably just gonna watch an episode or two a day rather than binging the whole thing.

And yeah, I know what you mean about the spoilers. :( I tend to listen to instrumental pieces on Youtube while creatively writing, and I had Batman Begins OST on play, on the sidebar I was recommended an FMV (fanmade music video) of Stranger Things and the thumbnail featured two kids (won't say who) and the background set made it obvious as to what was going on. I was a bit ticked since I would've loved to be surprised with that on the show.

That being said, I wish you luck avoiding spoilers and I hope you will be able to watch soon. :)

I really don't like to binge watch unless it's show I don't mind knowing the story in detail. I also wish you luck as well :)