• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
In the mainline Pokémon games.

In Pokémon Yellow I used a Raticate as my main Pokémon. Hyper Fang, man.

In Silver I mained Tyranitar. Because it's cool as fuck.

The vast majority of the time my party is usually the starters and then legendaries, but on those occasions I branched out.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
My first time playing Red as kid, I was struggling through Mt. Moon with my Lv. 16 Ivysaur, so I traded it away for a Lv. 30 Raticate. That little bastard never listened to me the entire game and it's one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People "main" a Pokemon? Like, other than just having a favorite?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You can't say that you mained Tyranitar in Silver when you get him at the ass-end of the story.

Unless someone traded a Larvitar to you I guess.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a difficult question because I always try to use all 6 of my Pokémon as evenly as I can in each game. So I can't really name any of them as "mains".

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno about "maining", but I definitely always go out of my way to get a Marill/Azumarill on my team whenever they're available. It was pretty pointless besides the cuteness factor up until X/Y, and then all of a sudden I was a god

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I never "main"a Pokemon, I like to use many. But I used Growlithe/Arcanine a lot.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Gen 1: Pidgeot. Its back sprite is just majestic.
Gen 2: Umbreon. What a tank.
Gen 3: Flygon. The MVP of dragon types in my heart.
Gen 4: Roserade. It can OHKO mostly everything with leaf storm.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
In Heart Gold I boxed my starter for fun, and mained a Geodude which grew into a Golem.

I think my team going into Azalea Town was Graveler, Gastly, and Growlithe, lol.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
If you mean soloing the games with one overleveled pokemon, I don't do that. Always try to fill out a team of 6 fairly evenly leveled mons. The former approach tends to break the difficulty in these games.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
thumbnail.asp

Whimsicott has been in every single one of my competitive teams in every format it was legal.
If Whimsicott was obtainable in the wild, it always joined my party as soon as it could ( I don't trade until I finish the story).

Whimsicott GX is gonna be the deck I play going forward until it rotates.

Peebes

Jul 21, 2019
There were so many Pokemon thrown at me in XY, that I threw my starter in the PC early on.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really think of it like that, but I remember that Psyduck was my first level 100 Pokemon. I was a big fan of having both Psychic, and Surf in the movepool.

sorakirosaki

Oct 25, 2017
i mainly used a bunch of legendaries through out gen 2/3 with like blaziken being one of the normal mons i used a lot.
from gen 4 onward tho i just used w/e and just tried to make balanced teams

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Hrm I don't "main" Pokemon because the whole point is having a team. If I listed all my team members I've used it'd be a long list. But for the sake of naming things, Charizard and Articuno were the first Pokemon I leveled to 100 (both in Pokemon Yellow, although Charizard originated from Red). Arcanine is a favorite I've used on many occasions as well as Kingdra and Ampharos.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I didn't "main" it per se as I did use my whole team, Aegislash in X/Y was definitely the MVP on my team and the Pokémon I ended up using the most. The A.I can't really deal with Aegislash's ability lol

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I try to keep Gengar and Espeon or Umbreon on my team. Outside of that I always have Pikachu and Charizard. Then I flex the 2 spots left.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Arcanine is in pretty much every single adventure team I can catch one in.

Also have soft spots for Umbreon, Hopip, Slowpoke, Murkrow and Dedenne so they are on my teams a lot

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
mained? like a fighting game?
I guess in XY Sylveon was the highest level

It can actually be a decent strat. A bit of overlevelling can be a huge deal in battle performance.

Feels more like avoiding strategy to me. Like in Red/Blue I just had this Mewtwo that beat most of the elite 4 solo and at the time it was fun, but now it just seems like a waste of a playthrough.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Ursaring using nothing but Thrash in Gold/Silver

Playing in an emulator turn the speed up and toss on some tunes and wreck shit.