• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gross about 12% net closer to 16%. All my fixed cost living expenses combined are about 26% of my take home pay. I save and invest most of the rest.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Over 50% but it's a condo, so it's an investment.

It's funny, I used to live in an old ass 500 square feet apartment with zero soundproofing and no A/C. Now I live comfortably in a slightly bigger condo but am perpetually broke. I don't regret the choice but it sucks having to choose between having a house and having money.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With utilities + mortgage, its about 25%.

I'm getting a lot more than other people though, for what I'm paying.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
15% but I haven't moved out yet. If I did it would be closer to 40-70%. Being a uni student makes it hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... depends on how good of a year my company has.

Without bonuses, my mortgage eats 45% net; With, anywhere between 20% and 30%.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just coming here to rant that today I found out my rent will be going from 715 a month to 810 a month when my lease renews in August.

Absurd.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My mortgage payments are probably just over 20% of my take-home pay (ie. after tax, NI and pension deductions). With utilities, factoring/maintenance fees and Council Tax (tax for local services scaled roughly by home value for you non-UKers) - it's just over 30%.

Luckily I was able to buy a place as I was paying almost the same to rent a much worse flat beforehand - one of the benefits of living outside a major city.

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
About a 1/6 gross. Our biggest problem is our son's daycare is almost another 10%. But he will be in school next year and we will have our house paid off in about 3-4 years. Things should start looking up then.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Very slightly under a third for my half of the rent for a one bedroom apartment in London. What are all of you doing to get it sub 10%? Is the US just that cheap?