• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What platform(s) will you be playing KH3 on?

• PS4/Pro

Votes: 855 74.5%
  • XB1/S/X

Votes: 205 17.9%
  • Both!

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Still undecided. Waiting for tech analysis.

Votes: 72 6.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
pre-purchased on PSN

I might eventually double dip for X if it ends up having a noticeable boost but I kinda doubt it

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This type of shit needs to die next gen
Holy crap, dial it back a little dude. I've seen the same sentiment about Kingdom Hearts being a Playstation franchise up and down this thread. People grew up with the franchise on Playstation - that's where it feels like home.

Oct 26, 2018
I spent more time playing the Nintendo kh games than PS ones so have no brand loyalty.. I'm getting Xbox version, upgrading to 1x soon

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
PS4, but I'd get the X1 version if I had an X1X. But I'm fairly certain at this point that I'm never going to buy one. For better performance I'll double dip for the PC version if/when that happens.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Playing this game on any platform besides PS4 seems... wrong.

But I played FF13 on Xbox 360 ten years ago so who am I to say?
These companies have no allegiance to anyone at all, they'll put their games (or not) wherever they think they can make money off of, final fantasy started on nintendo platforms, moved on to playstation because of issues with cartridges and went multiplatform when they wanted to make money off of the 360, I certainly don't expect this to change any time soon, monster hunter is the same thing.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
These companies have no allegiance to anyone at all, they'll put their games (or not) wherever they think they can make money off of, final fantasy started on nintendo platforms, moved on to playstation because of issues with cartridges and went multiplatform when they wanted to make money off of the 360, I certainly don't expect this to change any time soon, monster hunter is the same thing.

Yeah but people who played 1 and 2 played them on PS2 and all the HD collections are on PS3/PS4. So it's not a stretch to have people feel like PlayStation is the preferred way to finish out the saga.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I only have a base PS4 so that narrows down my options. I'm waiting for a DigitalFoundry analysis before buying though. I want to know of the fps is reasonably stable on the base PS4.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
A huge number of assumptions here that X will have better performance. That has not been the 'set in stone' fact with some recent releases so I would wait for DF to work their magic before doubling down.
PS4 Pro for me, because the controller feels better to me and it will be able to sit nicely with the rest of the series (thanks to the HD bundles). My X has not been plugged in since I realized that the same Sea of Thieves account worked on PC and I see no reason to change that yet.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As of now 17.8% for Xbox is higher than I expected, to be quite honest. But this is the Era bubble of pixel counters and people who feel a frame rate drop of more than a couple of frames who will buy this game in Xbox One X for this fear alone.

As for the worldwide sales of general audiences I'd be amazed if the Xbox version sells close to 15%. Maybe not even 10%

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Another PS4 vote here. Haven't touched the series since KH2 on the PS2 - looking forward to to jumping back in. I suppose it will be a good taster of Nomura's directing credentials in preparation for the big one, too.

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will also get it on PS4 (Slim). If it runs as well as FFXV I'm happy. 0.2 looked great and I own the entire Series on PlayStation systems.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
On the one hand, I always purchase single player multiplats on the X for the best visuals/performance. On the other hand though, KH is inherently linked to PlayStation to me that it would just feel bizarre on an Xbox console.

I think X is going to be the move anyways though. I need that eye candy.
I will also get it on PS4 (Slim). If it runs as well as FFXV I'm happy. 0.2 looked great and I own the entire Series on PlayStation systems.
You'll be happy if KH3 runs like shit?

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently I pre-ordered this game back in 2015 on Amazon for $40 on PS4 somehow so I'm definitely not switching now. Had totally forgot I did. Looks like it was just after E3.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It ran fine for me, didn't notice frame pacing issues or major fps drops. Gamers and their fucking hyperbole...
It had major frame pacing issues though, it was super jittery and frames regularly persisted for 16ms and 55ms. It's not "gamers and their hyperbole", FFXV was notoriously poor from an optimization standpoint, especially on base consoles.

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It had major frame pacing issues though, it was super jittery and frames regularly persisted for 16ms and 55ms. It's not "gamers and their hyperbole", FFXV was notoriously poor from an optimization standpoint, especially on base consoles.
I've played it for almost 100h on the PS4 Slim and yes, I think "runs like shit" is hyperbole. While I didn't notice the frame pacing issues I'm not denying they weren't there, it's just that performance doesn't feel nearly as terrible as some make it out to be.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
As of now 17.8% for Xbox is higher than I expected, to be quite honest. But this is the Era bubble of pixel counters and people who feel a frame rate drop of more than a couple of frames who will buy this game in Xbox One X for this fear alone.

As for the worldwide sales of general audiences I'd be amazed if the Xbox version sells close to 15%. Maybe not even 10%
I haven't seen one Xbox One OG/S owner commenting here they will buy this game, only X owners. Whereas PS4 side both OG and Pro owners on it