• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What platform(s) will you be playing KH3 on?

• PS4/Pro

Votes: 855 74.5%
  • XB1/S/X

Votes: 205 17.9%
  • Both!

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Still undecided. Waiting for tech analysis.

Votes: 72 6.3%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Despite this forum and the doom and gloom around the Xbox version of KH3. Numerous rankings have the Xbox version above even stuff like RE2. Which you think on Xbox would automatically sell more than a game with no prior sequels on the platform.

I personally think people will be surprised by the Xbox performance. It obviously won't sell 50/50. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it at about 20%. Meaning depending on launch. Would be enough to push about a million copies. Which would definitely cover the port cost.

KH as a brand, just seems like one of those things like FF. Where it can step over boundaries of "jrpgs don't sell on Xbox"

Hell the tales of vesperia port on Xbox Digital is in the top 25 sellers atm.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Despite this forum and the doom and gloom around the Xbox version of KH3. Numerous rankings have the Xbox version above even stuff like RE2. Which you think on Xbox would automatically sell more than a game with no prior sequels on the platform.

I personally think people will be surprised by the Xbox performance. It obviously won't sell 50/50. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it at about 20%. Meaning depending on launch. Would be enough to push about a million copies. Which would definitely cover the port cost.

KH as a brand, just seems like one of those things like FF. Where it can step over boundaries of "jrpgs don't sell on Xbox"

Hell the tales of vesperia port on Xbox Digital is in the top 25 sellers atm.
Don't forget MH as well. It performed really well on the Xbox.

Aside, how are you guys getting it earlier on Xbox?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Xbox One X since it's slightly more powerful and my internal PS4 hard drive is almost full.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Prefer my Elite controller, but considering Japanese developers usually don't take advantage of the X very well (see more recently, Ace Combat 7), i'll probably just pick it up on the Pro since i'm guessing it will actually have better performance than the X.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just me but it would feel super wierd playing KH without the PS button prompts.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I have it pre-ordered on X because this game will probably be pushing the systems pretty hard and I want to be able to hear it over the fan. That said, if DF says Pro is the way to go, I'll probably switch. No way I'm done with Resident Evil by the Tuesday after release, so I have time to decide.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Getting it on the X. Will almost certainly perform better. I might get a PS4 copy when it's really cheap just to have everything available on the PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
I've got a cheap pre-order for PS4, but I'd likely get it there anyway. It just seems right considering the controller and availability of the rest of the series.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really tempted to get it on PS4 due to nostalgia! But... It would just feel dumb to play it on a base PS4 when I know it'll look and perform better on my One X. Xbox all the way.

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One X for its power
Especially because my PS4 is not Pro

I couldn't care less that the series has a Playstation heritage

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I would get XBox for possible X enhancements but it doesn't look like there will be a Japanese language version for the Xbox.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting the X version tolook the best, so I'm getting that one. I have no platform allegiance and find that entire concept to be rather juvenile. Series has been on both Sony and Nintendo platforms so far, so the "only ps4 feels right" crowd is a little lost imo. I say that with a smile! Don't kill me.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Don't forget MH as well. It performed really well on the Xbox.

Aside, how are you guys getting it earlier on Xbox?

The only way I know of to get it about a day early is if you bought the Xbox version of Kh3 digitally. That'd unlock a day before the US version and would still have English support since it counts as a worldwide app.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Also no PC release seems rather strange giving FFXV and DQXI. SE has been more committed to that platform of late.
think we can expect that after launch like with FFXV. On topic, X1 base for me since that's the console I own. Already got it preloaded for the 29th. I hope KH3 sells good enough to make SE consider keeping the series on there alongside PS and other platforms.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
A little late to change it up now I think.
DxDsOKwVYAAUPq9.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Both.
Deluxe Figure Bundle in PS4, and Standard on xbox One.

Two reasons:

1) I want both the standard and deluxe boxes.
2) I don't trust square to get the game to me on release day but GameStop will have pickups on Monday night.
Bonus reason: I've long believed there's slim to no audience for RPG's on Xbox. But I keep buying them to support it and get more of them on there to grow said audience. I was happy Nier made a hit on the system and I hope Square keeps trying.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
There's certain games that wouldn't feel right playing anywhere else. PS4 all the way. Did the same with Crash and Spyro despite also having an XBX.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PS4 version was always be clearly the winner here. Resident Evil 2 would be more interesting since the numbers wouldn't be so different as they are with KH III although the PS4 would also probably win.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
OP, you should add a "waiting for PC version" option. That's my boat

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Xbox One X because a) that's my only choice, b) it's my preferred ecosystem, and c) it's probably going to be the best version.
I'm unlikely to get it at launch, however, I've been on a 3DS shopping spree and I'm broke.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XBX X because I want to play the best possible version of the game I've been waiting over a decade to play.

It'd be PC if that were possible.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
PS4. I will probably never purchase an Xbox in my lifetime and while I expect the remasters to be released on other platforms eventually, Playstation is where KH calls home.

Oct 30, 2017
It would feel wrong to play it on my X...which kinda makes me wanna play it there. Go against the grain. Well that and the fact that it's a quiet ass beauty.

I'll wait for the tech analysis anyway.