• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Not a sequel, but I still haven't played the Bloodborne DLC. I like the idea that there's still a little bit left of the game to play, and I don't want to burn it yet. One of those "I know I'll need it someday" things, I guess.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero Time Dilemma

I thought Virtue's Last Reward was a pretty major step down from 999, and apparently ZTD is considered to be shit even by people who loved VLR, so I aint touching it.
They get mad exactly because the game isn't like VLR at all and has more interest in setting its own dilemmas and plotlines than being a sequel to VLR.

I think ZTD is the superior game.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They get mad exactly because the game isn't like VLR at all and has more interest in setting its own dilemmas and plotlines than being a sequel to VLR.

Interesting, that is a take that I have not heard before. Maybe I'll give ZTD a go if I can get it on sale.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't played Dishonored 2.

I want to, but I'm just busy with other games at the moment. Also, I think it's because I just don't have an urge to go back to Dishonored right now.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil games. Loved the older games but as graphics have gotten better, the games have gotten gorier and I've gotten more particular about what I play, I've stopped playing them. If they ever release a content filter option, I'm there for RE2make and RE6-7.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
I own Dishonored 2 and Evil Within 2 and have not put over an hour in either of em even tho i have completed the previous games

snackary

Mar 11, 2019
Metroid: Samus Returns. I love Metroid games, but it's a little hard to justify paying $40+ for a metroidvania when so many cheap indies exist.

Aug 17, 2018
FEAR 3 ... when the game told me to press spacebar to hide behind cover I was highly dissappointed because I knew this was a console game ported to pc rather than a native pc game (like the previous titles were). I uninstalled the game like 5 minutes later.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect 3. Was skeptical at release and the aftermath has been discussed to death, so I never got around to picking it up or playing it. Just have never felt the need.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dark Souls 2

I loved 1 but when 2 came out I was busy with other stuff and people complaining about artificial difficulty turned me off.

Came back for DS3 and Bloodborne and loved both though.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Gears of War 2. Is it even good?

VPZRw5v.jpg

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I loved Human Revolution and think I'd also love MD, but for some reason I feel too intimidated to start it. I even already picked it up on sale.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
This is a great idea for a thread!

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
I love the original Deus Ex and I liked Human Revolution a lot. I just haven't got around to playing Mankind Divided. The reviews contributed to that, and really the biggest reason is that this game is the first half of a story that will never be completed. That's just kind of unappealing, even if it's more Deus Ex.

Persona 5
I loved Persona 3: FES back in the day, and enjoyed Persona 4. The thing keeping me away from Persona 5 is "80 hours". That's a crazy time commitment for just one game. I'm 10+ years older now and much busier now, I have to pick my battles.

Dishonored 2
I've just been busy really and haven't got around to playing this.

I own all three games, bought at release. Backlog problems...

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Plenty of the Final Fantasy mainline games. I also have yet to play Resident Evil 6 or 7. I still need to make progress in Batman: Arkham Knight as well. There's so many sequels I need to try out, in all honesty.

EDIT: Plenty of Pokemon games between Ruby/Sapphire and Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee, too.

Nov 8, 2017
I played the shit out of Blood on PC, made dozens of maps for it, but never played Blood 2 because I just couldn't be bothered learning to make maps in a whole new engine.

Also, probably a few Nintendo franchises, since I have no plans to buy a Switch.

Having recently finished 999 and VLR, I just started ZTD, and it does feel like a step down from VLR to me, but I'm definitely still enjoying it so far, and knowing how the previous games went, things could certainly get a lot more interesting once I get further in. And it definitely does some things better than the previous games, like the character animations and finally having the ability to turn off subtitles.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I have never played Homeworld: Cataclysm because I somehow never managed to find a copy to purchase.

MeatSim1

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Infamous: Second Son. Nothing about it really seemed interesting at all.

Also Arkham Knight. The complaints about the Batmobile kept me away.

Both excellent games, seriously. Infamous is still one of my favourite PS4 games. Batman was also excellent, the batmobile sections weren't that bad, kinda fun driving about blowing stuff up tbh. Only thing about that game that was frustrating was the Riddler trophies.

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Mass Effect 3. It actually had nothing to do with the ending, I had played the first two on Steam and was not willing to install Origin on my PC to play the third game. I'd still like to play it one day though, even if there are probably a lot of people who would tell me I've dodged a bullet by not playing it.

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Loved the first game but not attracted at all by this one.

Also Dark Souls 2 because I went into the Dark Souls series pretty late and everyone told me to skip DS2 so when I finished the first one I played DS3 immediately. Maybe I'll give it a try someday though.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Never played Musashi: Samurai Legend, because afaik, it's absolute dog shit and not worth the hassle.

Jul 8, 2018
The Thief series is my favorite game series, but I'm in absolutely no hurry to play Thief 4. There are literally hundreds of fan missions for the original trilogy and the Dark Mod that I haven't had the chance to play yet and most of them are most likely better than the so-called sequel that doesn't even have a jump button.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
- Mass Effect 2 and 3
the first is one of my favorites of all times, but never really felt the urge to play the sequels

- Mario Galaxy 2
played the first and was not enjoying, so i just skiped the second

- Darksiders 2 and 3
i loved how the game was a zelda clone, when someone told me that the second was loot based i just lost interest

Fade to Black. The sequel of Flashback and, obviously, a bad game.
one of my favorites from PS1, it's bad, but i feel nostalgic about it

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
There are quite a few sequels I started but became distracted or didn't enjoy them: Bioshock 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonoured 2. Does Prey count? I loved the first one and would have done unspeakable things to play the Prey 2 bounty hunter game, but I simply had no interest in the reboot. The opening scene blew my mind but beyond that the game looks so boring.

I fully planned on playing Bravely Default as I did enjoy the first game, up until the ending. I played the demo in preparation and really enjoyed it but I also got in to Switch hype and lost interest in DS other than for Pokemon.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Persona 5.
Why? I don't even know,my younger self would slap me in the face for not playing it.
P4 and P3 are two of my most cherished games ever.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I've played Devil May Cry 1 and 4. Loved 1 and 4. Tried 2,3 and DMC but not really played them.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Bravely Second here too. Though part of that is wanting to finish the first game which I left off about 2/3rds done during the infamously disliked back half. (I wasn't bothered by it but it is paced poorly).

Shadow of the TR. loved the first, disappointed by the second. Curious of the third but have yet to try it. Though seems the changes are better(less shooting, more exploration, yay!) with the story being the thing many just can't get past, which isn't my reason to play these.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 - Just never got around to either.

Jul 20, 2018
I haven't felt much interest for Guacamelee 2 despite really enjoying the first. Might still pick it up. Same with RDR2.

Loved Asylum and City, but never wanted to play Arkham Knight and probably never will.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
I never played any of the Professor Layton sequels even though I enjoyed the first game.

I did play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and think maybe I just had my fill of those type of puzzles.

Last edited:

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not feeling drawn to Unravel 2 even though I really liked the first one. It's mostly because I don't like the redesign of the character or the look of the new one.

I haven't seen anything that makes me excited for Last of Us 2 yet either. I didn't think it was in dire need of a sequel and so far the only gameplay has looked really similar save for the animation system. The only trailers were out of context violence on characters we don't even know and then a cutscene where Ellie asks why anyone would be afraid of her when she's 'just a girl' which was a ridiculous thing I don't think she would ever have said and makes me question the writing which is something I wouldn't have imagined doing for a TLoU game. I don't much care for how they're marketing it and they haven't shown much that's different to be excited about.

And I never played Andromeda because the story sounded like amateur shlock where everything is based around having titles like the awful writing in Halo 4 or Destiny, and then came all the hideous character models, terrible animations and "my face is tired". Plus I didn't like how any of the characters looked and even saying the name Peebee made my mouth irritated lol.

Last edited:

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
The new Wolfenstein.

I though the previous one was amazing, but I just didn't have time to try the new one yet.

As is the case with most games I haven't played and I'm sure many of you share this problem.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. Because XIII was horrendous, leaving me with no urge to revisit those horrid characters again.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Sly 4. I sat on it for a while but eventually I got spoiled for some story beats and was pretty dissatisfied with one of the twists making literally no sense for a character that I really liked from previous games or that it ended on a sequel hook that will probably never get followed up one.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Banjo Kazooie was a massive part of my childhood, and having replayed it recently, I still believe it holds up and is an amazing game. I only ever saw Tooie once at £50 back in the day. I wanted it but couldn't afford it. So while I've known of its existence and wanted to play for probably two decades now, to this day I've still not played it.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Shadow of War. I liked Shadow of Mordor but was done with it by the end, SoW just looks like more of the same.