• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved Gravity Rush but I've only played about an hour or two of the sequel. It was just a very unpleasant starting experience both in terms of visuals and in terms of terrain.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Let's see. I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and Metroid Prime 1 and loved both of them. I will play the sequels eventually, I have all of them. Actually I am pretty sure I have bought Kingdom Hearts 2 like 3 times and still haven't played it.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Many of them, but i would cite Borderlands Handsome Jack.
I loved BL2, but the 2.5 wasn't on WiiU at a time where i boycoted multiplateform games that were on all but WiiU.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Fallout 3:
I was really upset about it being 3d and with real-time combat. Fallout 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games ever.

Batman Arkham City:
Loved Arkham Asylum so much that the open city approach looked terribly boring to me.

Shadow of War:
Got platinum on the first game but the second looked pretty much the same and added mtx in a singleplayer game.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Motion controls. I may eventually play it since I'm on a Gamecube/Wii kick lately, but I just had no interest in the new control scheme.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Mass Effect 2 cause I heard of 3 lol.

And maybe Assassin's Creed whatever cause there are too many. My last one was Brotherhood? Can't remember. God I used to love the story in those games. I wonder what is going on in the most recent entries lol.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
red dead redemption 2. well i played it for a few hours but never went back to it. such a disappointment since i had been waiting years for it and was super hyped. i just found it tedious boring. if they release a PC version i might give it another shot and take another approach.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Heard it was bad.

ZsTOlZU.jpg

Never owned a Saturn.

kG1hTcx.jpg

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
All the Gears of War sequels

i loved the original game. Its the reason i bought a 360. For some reason, i guess i had my fill and never felt the need to play Gears 2.

I think sometimes what happens is that a game gets a bunch of sequels. And u feel like u can't go back. So why even bother. For a long time i never had played Halo 3 or Uncharted 3. Despite the first two games in their respective series being faves of mine. Recitified this in the last year.

Batman Arkham Asylum and City are maybe top 10 all time games for me. But i steered clear of Arkham Knight. The reviews made it sound terrible. And any gameplay i watched always had that tank and it didn't look like what i want in an Arkham game.

Somehow i haven't played MGS V. Even tho snake eater is my #1 fave game of all time. And i was in the camp that liked MGS 4

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
FFX-2: The original ended on a good note and the pop idol/treasue hunter/whatever shit seems too different in tone to what FFX represented.

DMC2 and DmC: You know why.

KH 358/2 Days and Re:Coded: The fact that they're only movies in updated releases tells you about their worth.

MGS4: PS3 is dead and PS Now isn't worth it.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. I liked the original pretty much, but when the sequel came out I read some complaints about newly introduced stealth sequences, and not having enough money at the time just sent this one into oblivion until a couple of months when I found it in the bargain bin of a local store. I'll give it a chance at some point.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Metroid Prime for the GC. I was a little bit disappointed by Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. And since I never owned a Wii or Wii U I never played Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Another one is Baldur's Gate 2. I always wanted to play BG1 and BG2 back to back and use a BG1 save game for BG2. But since this is such a time consuming endeavor I never played BG2.
Maybe I should just play BG2 without repeating BG1 beforehand.

Gears of War 2. Is it even good?

Gears of War 2 is great. It is much more fleshed out than the first game which often felt like a prototype / proof of concept to me. I missed the darker setting of the first game but overall it is a much better game (imo).

Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Because SE did a dumb deal that put me entirely off of the series.

You should really play RotTB. The exclusive deal was stupid but the game deserves to be played.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I still haven't played 2018's Hitman 2 despite being a fan of the series ever since I can remember. Definitely going to fix that. Soon. I hope.

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Resident Evil games. Loved the older games but as graphics have gotten better, the games have gotten gorier and I've gotten more particular about what I play, I've stopped playing them. If they ever release a content filter option, I'm there for RE2make and RE6-7.
The Japanese versions are changed / censored to have much less gore, not sure if they have English language options though.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Censorship_of_Resident_Evil

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda because of how it turned out
Red Dead Redemption 2 because nothing interested me there
Dishonored 2 because I bought but had problem and had to cancel but then I never bought but still need to do

Oct 27, 2017
Outlast 2. It's in my backlog, but I've never got round to it yet. The original was one of my first experiences on PS4, and the console wasn't inundated with games at that point. It's just been harder to fit the sequel into my playtime when the new releases just keep on coming.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Loved metal gear solid. Beat it when I was in high school. Saved money, traveled in Europe, went to college and didn't own a new console til ps3. Totally skipped ps2. I actually own the mgs collection for ps3 but I've never tried it. I kept putting it off and then just never got around to them.

Same with mass Andromeda 3. Bought the collection for ps3. Played the first, actually wrote about the second for a class in grad school, and then never played the third. Not because of the controversy; I just took a break and meant to get to it and never did.

Not the most exciting answers but mgs and me2 are some of the most impactful and fun times I've had gaming but I didn't continue the adventure. Uncharted on the other hand I did finish and I really loved the ending to UC4. I thought it was such a special and touching scene.

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I played Soul Reaver at launch and I absolutely loved it. Everything was so good. Never played any of the following games because I didn't own the consoles... Maybe one day...

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. They added jumping...and I was out. Ironically, I really enjoyed the 3D game, though.