• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch is pretty much revitalizing every single Nintendo franchise and I'm pretty sure that GS would follow suit. Plus, a remake would basically follow the story of the original so there's that.

If Square Enix can remake Mana (which has never been one of the best selling series, especially in recent times) then Nintendo can remake Golden Sun.
they'd more likely use that switch lift to make something that could sell better than Golden Sun.

and there are many companies doing what Nintendo could be doing. I question if Trials will even match Xenoblade on 2 systems anyway

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a next. I liked the games because it was like playing Zelda, but JRPG. But I have accepted the series is dead.

OP
OP
Comic Obsessed
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
There was rumours not long after DD came out and it turned to nothing. Camelot is probably making a Mario Golf game.

It was simply wishful thinking because people thought that Hans was going to be at Smash Bros. I remember because it was not based on anything and there were many strangely disappointed people.

No, there was an insider teasing the possible return of the series on Twitter after they were asked about it.

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People keep talking about the dungeons but the best puzzles are outdoors with stuff like collecting djinns, using djinn powers outside combat to interact with the world in meaningful ways, and of course the whole concept behind mind reading. This was one of the first JRPGs I played and it made me go "huh" when I finally played some of the other ones. They're just so unremarkable as there's practically no gameplay outside of combat. Chrono Trigger is good though, despite being structured like a traditional JRPG. Its execution is exceptional and somehow managed to keep me engaged at all times.

But yeah, people don't enjoy problem solving in any capacity, the market reality is that your gameplay must consist of mindless busywork with carefully designed reward schedules to work. Even the latest 3D Mario is such a simple and easy game to figure out. I'm not even touching Fire Emblem since I'm certain the strategic aspect of the maps is nothing special. Gaming kind of sucks these days!

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Just play CrossCode when it comes to Switch. Better story, combat and puzzles than Golden Sun.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I doubt that an insider would have made a tease if that was the case.
I just checked, it was the Direct of September last year. There was a renewal of the copyright, an insider said that Direct was delayed by the earthquake due to a specific game, people thought it was Hans because of his earth magic and it was Cities: Skyline.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Make Isaac year 2 Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC, then we'll talk.
Put Isaac in Smash as a playable character.
These are my people!

First remake the first two games for the switch in one glorious package.
Second get Monolith to help Camelot with making the world of Weyard, but put some people as well to curb the story and the amount of dialogue.

but mainly smash representation, they should have put Isaac/Matthew/Felix as playable characters goddamn it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Again: Why will Monolith Soft work in Golden Sun instead of helping Zelda, make a new Xenoblade or a new ip?

What interest could Monolith or Nintendo have in it?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the series since middle school and for some reason I have an odd memory of the game being about the old testament

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I'm surprised Camelot hasn't put Golden Sun characters in Mario Tennis and Mario Golf yet. It would be a great way to generate interest in the series.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
The series, from what I remember, was OK at best and feels like being done is fine for it.

Not every series needs to continue indefinitely forever. Sometimes things just end.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Would love a continuation of the series. I know the story isn't anything special but damn, cliffhangers...

Also need a good JRPG to scratch that dungeon-puzzle itch. Golden Sun games were always such a comfy length to play.

Nov 17, 2017
GS and GS:TLA were my favourite games during my high school years (regularly visited and posted on multiple GS fansites), but I've more or less laid any hope of a 4th GS game to rest.

The current Camelot development team is just not ready to do a huge jrpg, especially one that would be on the switch. I imagine the majority of the team that made the first 2 GS games has long since left Camelot. The lack of sales for GS:DD is also probably dampening their desire to invest in such a large game, compared to doing more Mario Golf/Tennis games.

They were too ambitious in all the wrong areas for GS:DD... 8 party members (the latter 4 should not have been there) and a plot that felt like nothing more then a prologue to the "real" story. In addition to referencing little from the previous games and having a difficulty that was non-existent apart from the final boss. I still enjoyed playing the game but I can see why it didn't do too well.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Ah, decent chance to post this quick mockup I made a while back. It's still a top wish of mine:

97GH5gm.jpg

Especially since they're collectively one big game anyway.

Unfortunately, Camelot looks like they're perpetually locked in an endless cycle of Mario sports games...

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The Djinn system with the right kind of overworld would lead to the kind of experimental and open gameplay that catches on with folks, ala BotW.

Anyway, copying what SE is doing with Mana would be a good start.