• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I know we're all trying to derive deeper meaning out of our lives and striving to feeling fulfilled and all that, but I think I actually get most of my daily happiness from the little things that are totally not news-worthy, but brighten things up considerably.

Things like:
- The face my dog makes when he's annoyed with me.
- My fiancée laughing so hard she snorts and then getting embarrassed.
- Getting into a meditative state in the shower and clearing my head.
- Getting a shared Lyft, being picked up third, but still being dropped off first.
- Going outside for a walk on a quiet Sunday morning.

What simple, totally normal things make you happy?

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking.

I actually enjoy thinking about all the different ways in the world there are to think.

There's actually more ways to think than there is societies in the world that practice said thinking.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Sipping a cup of coffee during the quiet morning hours before my kids wake up. Never thought I'd ever enjoy the most boring, mundane activity.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Coming home and the cat is in front of the door, clearly happy to see me, welcoming me with his loud mews. Also the sound of him purring (any cat's purr really, it's a very soothing sound).

I love sitting cozily inside playing videogames or whatever when Satan is just going to town outside.

Singing in the car

Standing in my gameroom, just browsing, reminiscing, just taking in the sights, not necessarily even playing a game. I find being at home very comforting in general, but my gameroom is just another world altogether.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
-During spring and summer, coming home after work and sitting on the balcony (we have a mostly uninterrupted view of the horizon) to read a bit and watch the sun go down.
-Meeting friends/coworkers for happy hour on rooftop bars after work.
-Getting up on the weekend, crushing some pre-workout and hitting the gym.
-Grilling outdoors.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Sipping a cup of coffee during the quiet morning hours before my kids wake up. Never thought I'd ever enjoy the most boring, mundane activity.

I'm usually up at around 4:30 or 5 am on the weekends to do just this. I manage to get a good few hours of gaming in, with said cup of coffee, in peace and relative quiet. It's nice.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
A couple of years ago I got very sick and emaciated while I was sick. I felt significantly weaker than I'd ever been and had trouble completing the most trivial of tasks. I'm in a much better state right now and sometimes take it for granted. But it feels great to be healthy everyday.

Oct 27, 2017
The sound of a dog/cat paws while they walk on ceramic floor.

Watching the waiter bringing to me my food.

When I smile at a cashier and they smile back.

My gf laughing.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Doing nothing by myself is almost required for my mental health at least one day a week. Whether Im watching old TV or just browsing the internet.

Also after working out and training martial arts in the same day I let myself eat buffet or fast food and I just enjoy the calories without worrying about it at all.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The wind in the trees while going for a walk in the park.

A cold glass of water after a workout.

The sound of the sea while lazing on a beach.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
A warm pair of socks on a cold day - like today for example.

F7OG3IPl.jpg

Also:

-As others have mentioned a nice cup of coffee in the morning
-A good beer at the end of the day
-Laying in bed with my wife (who is expecting) on weekend mornings
-Reading a good book

It really is the little joys in life that make it bearable, you realize this more and more as you get older.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
Too many to name but I love taking a nice walk when it snows in my neighborhood.

When I was still drinking, I'd walk and have a nice mulled wine while looking at the falling snow and the Saint Lawrence river.

93103b096316b08ddbdad277c97ab1b7.jpg

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Dogs being happy when i come home.
  • Splatfests in Splatoon or a few Splatoon matches.
  • Browsing & posting on Era or the internet + social media
  • Cup of green tea or ice coffee
  • Cutting my own hair (always feels satisfying since i can do it well now saves money ya know)
  • Clean house
  • Masturbating (gotta be honest)
  • Playing with my industrial piercing (no kidding i like that lol)
  • Looking at my tattoo's (instant cheerup)
  • Being with friends or social interactions
  • Wearing nice clothes and shoes also always makes me feel good i try to always dress nice and look good.
  • Seeing my Amiibo scattered around the house
  • Dogs sleeping next to me
  • Dogs wanting attention from me
  • A nice beer or glass of vodka
These small things all make me happier and cope better with my mental issues and depression. Altho i soon am going on meds so that will hopefully help alot too!

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Cool grass on a warm summers day.

My warm bed in the morning when the rest of the room is cold.

The way my wife laughs at some of my jokes.

The crunch of dirt/gravel under my shoes when going for a walk.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The period just after sunrise but before it is completely light outside on a cool saturday morning when the entire weekend is ahead of me and I brew myself a cup of coffee , grab a slice of cake and walk back into my room with the cool air wafting through the windows.

I wrap myself with a fleece blanket and sit down infront of my computer and fire up a game or read the forums.

Oct 27, 2017
blasting music and wiping down the insides of my car with a cleaning solution

Cooking food with a long podcast playing in the background

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Ham sammiches with mustard and cheese, a MDew and a bag of baked lays... Regular.

Also that first pull after work.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
One thing that comes to mind: my mom's deep, southern accent when she's annoyed/angry with me. lol It always cracks me up because I know exactly what she wants.