• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Being outside in Arizona in the Spring. Also, seeing my 2 dogs running around in my backyard playing.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Laying in bed in the middle of the night on a weekend during a snowstorm, and hearing the plows going up and down the street.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I was literally just thinking about making this thread.

For me it's sitting in a hot tub.

Also taking about a cup and a half of milk and pouring in 2/3 a serving of this stuff:

0e5932547dbdbc2e55f18a06a0254ac5--cold-brewed-coffee-iced-coffee.jpg

Add two ice cubes, sometimes a little bit of whip cream, sip and relax.

SM0KE

Oct 27, 2017
walking my dog
drinking ahmad evening tea
the fresh feeling after a yoga session
laying in bed for an extra 20 minutes after waking
listening to rhapsody in blue
taking catnaps
soaking in a hot tub
leaning on a bike
eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while eating a baby carrot after each bite of the sandwhich
reading the tao teh ching

edit: reading Calvin and Hobbes,
eating a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar, sliced bananas and skim milk

Last edited:

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing puppies during my commute. My commute would be so much more depressing if it weren't for all the dog owners in NYC. Like this morning I got to see a wonderful West Highland Terrier who was so hyper and happy to see everyone. :3

J-Rod

Dec 15, 2017
Rain. Heavy rain, light rain, drizzle, downpour, whatever. Always look forward to seeing rain in the forecast. Throw in a nap and it's been a rad day.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Seeing my corgi flip over on her back when she is sleeping.
Waking up earlier than needed and laying there for 10 minutes.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
-The first few minutes of the weekend (after getting home from work on Friday)
-Making my wife laugh
-Quiet times at work
-Alone time to watch/play/read/draw something and get lost in my own thoughts
-A warm bed on a cold night
-A fresh haircut

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of simple things actually. But my favorite thing is probably to hear my son singing while he is playing with his Lego.
Hearing my gf burp is def. one of them too.
But some other stuff: the smell of freshly baked bread, stepping into a freshly made bed, the feeling of short grass on my bare feet, just walking around in nature on a beautiful day (not too hot).

The more i write down the more that comes to mind. There are many many small things that give me mini moments of happiness.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
- Listening to podcast while I walk from work to home. Or while cycling if the season is right.
- Cooking a dish from a recipe from start to finish.
- Fresh bed sheets
- Sitting outside our sauna at our summer cottage while drinking a beer and enjoying the lake view.
- Reading a book while sitting on rocking chair

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
How Los Angeles looks right after it rains. The air is so clear and is a great time to go to a lookout point and just view the city, especially at night.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
- making myself an omelette and having some orange juice with it
- walking from the train station back home by the lake (while I lived in Switzerland)
- when it's snowing outside
- when my friends text me asking "how you've been?"
- seeing beautiful flowers or trees
- riding bike past the Washington Monument during the night

and I could go on and on. Makes me realise that my whole life is just an unending series of small things, which make up the whole. Pretty cool realisation

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Drinking softdrink
- Eating sushi
- Rain
- Having a cat
- My partner really caring me a lot

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Food,
Sleep,
My fiancé,
My kitty,
Getting papers done,
Good test grades,
Being praised for hard work,
Just things going right the first time.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually up at around 4:30 or 5 am on the weekends to do just this. I manage to get a good few hours of gaming in, with said cup of coffee, in peace and relative quiet. It's nice.

I too will try and sneak a game. However, my 5 year old ridiculous hearing and tends to hear me, even if I use headphones. I think he hears the click of the buttons or something.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I too will try and sneak a game. However, my 5 year old ridiculous hearing and tends to hear me, even if I use headphones. I think he hears the click of the buttons or something.

Ha! That's why I play games in the basement, and the bedrooms are on the second floor. I can usually get away with making a cup, sliding on downstairs, keeping the volume reasonable, and getting at least a quality hour in.

That's if they don't hear me open the gate to the stairs.