• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What smartphone OS you running these days?

• Android

• IOS

• Windows

• Symbian

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Android 7.0 right now on a Galaxy A5 (2016).

I hate Samsung's version of Android so wanted to go back to either stock Android or iOS this year but it's not happening with the state the Pixel 2 XL is in and the ridiculous price of the iPhone X.

Maybe next year... until then I'll be keeping my current phone. Not interested in the Galaxy A5 (2018) or S9. I'm done with Samsung.

I was done with Samsung too after my S7 but I had a chance to get a Note 8 for half price because of the N7 thing, they have made remarkable improvements this year FWIW. The Moto Z series is also really good, the Play is a great phone.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Android on a OnePlus 3. I'm all in as far as the Google ecosystem goes so I don't see myself switching OS any time soon. Most of my phone use is just browsing the internet anyway.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Running Android 6.0, I don't think the HTC M8 goes higher than that. I'm happy with it, despite some slowdown over the years.

Oct 25, 2017
Boring boring Android.

Previously used:
  • Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 1020, 920, LG Optimus 7)
  • BlackBerry 10 (BlackBerry Z10)
  • Sailfish OS (Jolla)
  • Fire OS (Amazon Fire Phone)
  • Firefox OS (Alcatel OT Fire)

Favourite was absolutely the Jolla with Sailfish OS. Fantastically smooth even on low-end hardware, fantastic gestures, very intuitive. BlackBerry Z10 is a fairly close second. Android is sound, just... boring. Might have to find an Xperia X to load Sailfish OS on to, but I think app support has gone markedly downhill since 2013/14. Would go for an Ubuntu Phone, but I need WhatsApp for work, and it doesn't have it (or an Android compatibility layer).

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lineage OS (Nougat 7.1.2)
On a Moto G4 Play
And a Samsung Galaxy tab, which would be useless with out it

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
Android. CopperheadOS on the Nexus 6P. Wanted free open software out of principal. Using Google for so long its scary how much I ended up relying on them; syncing brower data, contacts, and photos in the cloud. 2FA with Google, email with google, payments with google, google maps etc. It was convenient but at what cost? Ideally I'd dump Android but what alternative is there?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
S4 OctOS 7.1.1. Amazing device and I'm already on year 4 with 'er. No plans to upgrade either. Old androids are beasts. No clue why people bother with iOS.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017