• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2018
Even ignoring the late timing on an ad for this machine, this is some pretentious-ass shit right here.

www.youtube.com

Feel The Power Of Pro | PS4 Pro

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4-pro/systems/limited-edition-death-stranding-ps4-pro-bundle/ Play Death Stranding on PS4 Pro.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
He grew up.

l2Yr3Cg.png

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol it's not pretentious at all.

The PS2 early ads, now THOSE were pretentious and amazing!

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no finer mark of an ad's success than it being shared on social media, forums, etc.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't think it is "pretentious-ass shit". But the message is weird, because you don't have more or less feelings because the game is 4K CB instead of 1080p.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
That's me every time Sam busts his ass & cargo trying to cross some tiny river.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at people calling it pretentious. The crying is not from emotion but a reference to the character in game who cries as a reaction to the Chiral allergy or whatever its called.

OP
OP
DailyCalmSpirit
May 17, 2018
There's no finer mark of an ad's success than it being shared on social media, forums, etc.
You are talking about the ad, seems like it worked.

OK, but, we can still laugh at it, though.

Lol at people calling it pretentious. The crying is not from emotion but a reference to the character in game who cries as a reaction to the Chiral allergy or whatever its called.

The ad clearly implies he's crying from emotion. Like, it has a double meaning if you play the game, sure, but, they're definitely leaning on the emotional response.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the reveal trailer and not the final game he's crying to? In the the trailer Sam Porter Bridges doesn't have a tattoo on his hand like he have in the final game. That would make the ad even more odd

EDIT: Also, handcuff is on the opposite hand between trailer and final game

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
I really dont know how one could get upset over this ad other than that they want to get upset.
But then again, people get upset about everything these days and therefore beeing upset means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.