• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Capcom has historically always supported Nintendo platforms well, often with exclusive franchises or dedicated game entries that clearly had effort put behind them. However, if we take a look at Capcom's Switch support, they've released:

- Megaman 11

That's it. All other releases were either ports, remasters or collections and, fair enough, many of them had not appeared on Nintendo platforms before and this isn't a thread to complain about games being available on more platforms. But man, what happened? Ace Attorney 7 has to be cancelled at this point, the Switch still doesn't have a Monster Hunter game that isn't a remaster, where's the Switch's Resident Evil Revelations? or the Switch's Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

I guess one of the problems is that the engine they use now doesn't easily support the Switch, but man it seems like they're just leaving money on the table. Even Bethesda is supporting the Switch.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Because everything they're making is on REngine now (except for future fighting games/megaman probably)

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's an occam's razor thing. Games take a while to make, Capcom didn't think the Switch would take off, and Monster Hunter World has been proving that they can make a shitton on non-Switch consoles so trying to figure out where to move the resources without taking away from that battle strategy is difficult.

It's not (just) that they made decisions that arguably left money on the table, it's that they're now trying to figure out if there is a way to both make that Switch money without losing anything in opportunity cost elsewhere. The answer could very well be no!

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
reminder Capcom is releasing DMC2 standalone version on switch while other platforms got collection ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
The only thing that is up are sales for DMC2 now on Nintendo Switch. We hope you enjoy

Capcom is back!()

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It sucks that were not going to get the likes of Ghost Trick Phantom Detective anymore obviously but the few games they release each generation that are actually exciting I can just buy somewhere else. It's not ideal and like I said less great games being made by Capcom is an undeniable loss but we're at least still getting good MH, RE and RE remakes. Just not on a portable anymore.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Nintendo will give them money to make Capcom Fighting All-Stars exclusively for Switch.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They released a shit ton of ports though. The support is plenty. They have a better and bigger market to chase for exclusive gaming if that's what you seek the most

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess one of the problems is that the engine they use now doesn't easily support the Switch, but man it seems like they're just leaving money on the table. Even Bethesda is supporting the Switch.

This is part of it, the other part is just that Capcom has gone HARD with multiplatform development and it seems like they don't have much interest in doing fully exclusive games anymore.

The best thing you'd be able to hope for would be day-1 down-ports of their new games, but considering the engines they're using that would be difficult to pull off.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
No one is forced to support a platform, if they don't want to then they don't, Capcom is also more focused on big AAA games now which very few release on the Switch to begin with.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Unless something has changed, their European support has been horrible when it comes to physical versions.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Even some of their ports were badly handled

e.g. no physical release of Resident Evil 4.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Some games will come, others won't. I'm fairly pleased with what Capcom has done on the Switch to be honest.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless something has changed, their European support has been horrible when it comes to physical versions.

This too always deserves to be brought up in these threads. The RE Trilogy that releases soon at retail is not available in Europe as far as I know, which is another to add to an unfortunately long list.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Capcom has had their own game plan for the past few years. If say,a brand new Monster Hunter for the switch makes sense then they'll do it. Its just that their recent games like World, dmc5 and re2 remake are a bit too beefy to run on Switch hardware.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Eh i'm honestly fine with ports. Also Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is fantastic for Veteran Monster Hunter fans. I found myself still playing it after MHW. New IPs or continuation of franchises would be cool, but i'm totally satisfied with my switch being a dedicated port machine. I'm also satified with what they've brought over so far. Brought over majority of the Resident evil, Onimusha, Devil May Cry 1. I can see it happening eventually or possibly when the Switch+ comes out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nintendo: Here's a list of characters we'd like you to consider adding to Smash.
Sakurai: ...there are no Capcom characters here.
Nintendo: Exactly.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
They are supporting it with port's so it's not barebones, expecting exclusives is weird. If they do it great, if not that's fine too.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nothing is up with them. they're just giving a very successful system very shitty support, but it's their prerogative. i'd be mad if switch was starving for games, but as it capcom or no capcom doesn't make much of a difference so whatever.
in the meantime i have no interest in their over-priced ports, but i'll still buy ace attorney games, i can't lie about that.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
What exclusive games is Bethesda making for the Switch?
What does Bethesda have to do with Capcom?
Also, Capcom has historically way better support for Nintendo platforms, especially portables.
Capcom's weakass support for Nintendo is definitely something people didn't expect this gen and for a system so popular.
Their support is not only weak, but releasing the DMC games separately rather than the HD collection is just straight trolling at this point.

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
No more nintendo mh money, so they won't bother much. remember that nintendo published a lot of capcom stuff on europe.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What exclusive games is Bethesda making for the Switch?
you don't have to have exclusives to show good supports. they've released good ports of skyrim and doom 2016 (a current gen game) and have day 1 releases of some of their big multiplatform games (doom eternal and wolfenstein), as well as fairly priced old ports (doom 1-3 and 64).
also they've gone from complete no-show on previous nintendo platforms to this. capcom went from always being a decent publisher on nintendo platforms to whatever they're doing on switch.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
For me they still don't see the Nintendo Switch as a major player in their own territory (Japan). I mean month after month we continue to see Nintendo in the top of charts of sales. But I don't think it has to do with just Capcom not putting more games on the system.

Sep 14, 2019
Nintendo: Here's a list of characters we'd like you to consider adding to Smash.
Sakurai: ...there are no Capcom characters here.
Nintendo: Exactly.
Cause 3 characters and Rathalos wasn't enough? Lol.

If a Capcom character doesn't get in for DLC it's probably because the need for more is low. Nintendo isn't going to be petty like that.

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: platform wars
Capcom doesn't want to ruin their great new releases dumbing it down for Switch.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
For me they still don't see the Nintendo Switch as a major player in their own territory (Japan). I mean month after month we continue to see Nintendo in the top of charts of sales. But I don't think it has to do with just Capcom not putting more games on the system.
They'll get wise soon enough, Switch is the king of Japan for the foreseeable future, the next two or three years at least.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Just checked and the new entry was supposed to release before April 2019. Thought the game was supposed to be out on 2017 so fair enough, I jumped the shark there.
...what? AA7 was never "supposed to release" by any time because it's never been announced. AA5 and 6 came out in 2013 and 2016 respectively, so a lot of people assumed 7 would be 3 years later again but that was nothing more than speculation.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan

They have the tech and their older engine is running perfectly on the system (the same engine that is used in MHW).

If they wanted to develop software specifically for the system they would've done that.

They are probably happy with MH money and don't care about a Nintendo platform at all.

Besides Mega Man 11, what current Capcom games can they feasibly put on Switch?

Personally, I would say all of them.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That explains why RE2 and DMCV aren't on the Switch yes, but even when the 3DS or Wii couldn't run PS360 games they still developed smaller games at the very least. Now it's all ports.
It's not clear what you want here. Do you expect Capcom to go out of their way to develop Switch-only games just because it's difficult to port some PS4 games to Switch?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
...what? AA7 was never "supposed to release" by any time because it's never been announced. AA5 and 6 came out in 2013 and 2016 respectively, so a lot of people assumed 7 would be 3 years later again but that was nothing more than speculation.
Capcom COO Tsujiro, in an interview with Jiji on the 10th, revealed that the company is already developing new titles to release on the Nintendo Switch in fiscal year 2018, such as "Ace Attorney" and other series that are popular inside and outside Japan.
https://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/...game-headed-nintendo-switch-fiscal-year-2018/

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never stop hoping for a Monster Hunter Switch, but of course, every year it looks more and more unlikely.