• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Just Person of Interest at the moment. Wanted to keep up with Star Trek but I forgot about it, though I did like the first episode.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Has the Mick aired any new episodes since the Halloween one two weeks back, or has it been on hiatus because of baseball?

palewine

Oct 27, 2017
The Good Place, Bob's Burgers and B99 are the only network shows at the moment. Curb on HBO, and South Park, Broad City on Comedy Central. Fall really has progressively stopped being the galmut of TV that it used to be for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Bob's Burgers, Mr. Robot, Stranger Things, Great News, South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Vice Principles, dubbed JoJo and Hunter X Hunter.

Been meaning to check out The Deuce. Also, I dropped The Walking Dead midway through last season. Any good reason for me to continue?

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
If you're looking for more french TV shows I'll recommend Versailles and Engrenages.

They're both pretty good. Braquo and to a lesser extend Mafiosa are also great watch.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will be sure to check them out :). Leaning towards Braquo and Versailles after I finish with Les Revenants and Le Bureau. Engrenages sound great but it still feels pretty daunting to get into, what with the number of episodes and critical acclaim, I will wait until a get a better grasp of the spoken language.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations, I will be sure to check them out :). Leaning towards Braquo and Versailles after I finish with Les Revenants and Le Bureau. Engrenages sound great but it still feels pretty daunting to get into, what with the number of episodes and critical acclaim, I will wait until a get a better grasp of the spoken language.

You're welcome!

If you need a french TV show in a different genre or something you can PM me, I'll be happy to help.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
That looks Fringe-y as hell.And it has Stephen Rea in it, which is always nice.
Sorry for the double post, but damn that is a sure way to make me watch the trailer. Sure hope it is indeed as Fringe-y as it looked in the trailer. Although I stopped watching Fringe at the beginning of the final season, I loved the previous seasons, hope Counterpart can fill that void at least partly.

EDIT: Will surely do Mass_Pincup !

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just started The Mist on Netflix. The pilot is almost over and I'm still waiting for this to turn into a horror show. Definitely not what I was expecting, but it's not bad.

Also, I tend to watch one show at a time until I finish a season.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, we are nearing the end of the season, and we still don't have hard dates for Gap Year and The Terror.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
South Park, Nathan For You and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Shameless too starting tomorrow night.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Gap Year was surprisingly okay. Wikipedia says it's on Hulu, not sure which regions.

Two eps into Season 2 of The Bureau. The ending of the first season was okay. Season 2 has been quite a bit better than the first season so far.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I made a thread for SMILF. Reviews seem kind of mixed, but I really enjoyed the first episode, so decided to throw a thread together (never really done a proper OT, so I tried my best). Not sure how many will be watching it. Maybe add it to the collection of OTs in the beginning of this thread if you could!

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
And the award for worst puns for episode titles goes to:
MsU9IJw.png

... Also I'm totally going to watch this now instead of waiting for the a winter lull as I planned. Yes, the "Every thing will be Alt-Right" pun speaks to me on a deep level (unfortunately, for everyone involved)

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I watched that ~~brilliantly~~ named Berlin Station episode, and they mostly fixed my biggest issue with the first season which was the terrible dialogue. I mean it's still not you know good dialogue, but it is decidedly less awful in this episode at least.
Also, a far-right party called Perspektive für Deutschland being lead by a brunette in her forties? Never stop being subtle Berlin Station.
Also, also. Don't read the comments under the trailers for the show. The worst people from the worst culture in action.
Actually don't read any comments under anything period.

THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW.
Somehow I doubt you're as adorable .

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Star Wars Rebels continue to bumble towards the finish line.

I was hoping it would eventually come together, but nah.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The BBC One drama 'The A Word' returned tonight in the UK and will air tomorrow night on Sundance in the US. I'm very surprised, not to mention chuffed, that the US is getting it just a day after the UK airing. It's an excellent show and I would recommend it to anyone.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if I could get any recommendations for shows on Netflix.

The 3 most recent shows I've watched are Narcos (season 3) Stranger Things and mindhunters. Not sure what to watch next? Cheers

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
If you haven't been watching, or heard of, The Disappearance, check it out. It's a six episode long French Canadian miniseries set in Quebec, and it's surprisingly good.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CBS can suck it for canceling Me, Myself, and I. It wasn't the best but it was an enjoyable show to watch and I was hoping little Eddie would have a steady job. Instead CBS took the gazebos.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
CBS can suck it for canceling Me, Myself, and I. It wasn't the best but it was an enjoyable show to watch and I was hoping little Eddie would have a steady job. Instead CBS took the gazebos.

They cancelled it!? No wonder it wasn't showing on my guide, or on my PVR's timer this week.

It's too bad, because it was an entertaining and solid show. Not the best, like you said, but FAR from bad and better than your average sitcom.

EDIT: So Man With a Plan is coming back early to take the spot? Interesting. Me, Myself and I was arguably the better show.

I like Matt Leblanc, and have seen every episode of Man With a Plan, but truth be told it's not that good. Like Kevin James' new show, which really sucks this season.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They cancelled it!? No wonder it wasn't showing on my guide, or on my PVR's timer this week.

It's too bad, because it was an entertaining and solid show. Not the best, like you said, but FAR from bad and better than your average sitcom.

EDIT: So Man With a Plan is coming back early to take the spot? Interesting. Me, Myself and I was arguably the better show.

I like Matt Leblanc, and have seen every episode of Man With a Plan, but truth be told it's not that good. Like Kevin James' new show, which really sucks this season.

Yup, they pretty much pulled the whole show after 6 episodes. They filmed 13 and CBS does plan airing them but haven't announced when. For a 9:30 slot it was still managing 4 mil viewers or so.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Hopefully I won't miss the rest of the episodes when they air. It's too bad, though. Me, Myself and I was better than Kevin Can Wait and Man With a Plan. Those two just have more familiar faces. (I love Friends and liked King of Queens a lot, so I watch them, but they're pretty crappy).

What really needs to get picked up by another network is Last Man Standing. That was a good show.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Man, Person of Interest is so fucking good. Like, it is the perfect mixture of cheese, action, intrigue and humour. Hats off to the writers and Jonathan Nolan.

Foxshot

Nov 5, 2017
Here are the shows/boxsets that I've watched: The Planners, Tin-star, Riviera, A matter between life and debt and The Closer.

Programs that are still ongoing: Curb, Bounty Hunters, NCIS: All Three, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, The Daily Show With Trevor Noah, The Simpsons (Re-runs), Family Guy (Re-runs and new episodes mixed in), American Dad and The Walking Dead Season 8.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I cant tell if the main actor is a bad actor or just really good at playing his role. He is the same role in "The Prisoner" reboot.

I mean, Jim Caviezal or however you spell it was really good in Passion of the Christ and Thin Red Line. So I would hope its him just playing the role he was given really well, but when I first started watching I had similar thoughts. Luckily a lot of the people around him are a lot more emotive, which helps.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Steven Soderbergh's 'Mosaic' (that choose your own adventure thing) is out now on iOS. Android coming soon.

An edited version will air linearly on HBO on Jan 22.

Via the app, users are introduced to Stone's Olivia Lake, a famed children's book author/illustrator, and two men who will play important roles in her life: Joel (Hedlund), a handyman and aspiring artist, and Eric (Weller), a suitor whose motives may not be genuine. Once the introductions are complete, users must decide whether to follow the next portion of the story from Joel's or Eric's perspective. Along the way, they'll meet a number of new characters with their own versions of the story to tell.

Says Soderbergh, "While branching narratives have been around forever, technology now allows, I hope, for a more elegant form of engagement than used to be possible. At no point were we reverse-engineering the story to fit an existing piece of technology; the story was being created in lockstep with the technical team. The fluidity of that relationship made me feel comfortable because I wanted it to be a simple, intuitive experience."

The Mosaic app lets viewers experience the story from multiple perspectives, watch the film in full-screen immersive mode, select which character's perspective to adopt and explore the story through additional content including voicemails, emails, police reports, news clippings, and more.

Ultimately — and undoubtedly with some encouragement from HBO — Soderbergh decided to do his own linear edit of the narrative. It includes some scenes that aren't available in the app. But he won't call it the definitive take. "I don't think either one is better — they're just very different," he says. "The app version is immersive in a different way than the linear version. Because I think there's really no substitute for watching an hour solid, as opposed to a 23-minute chunk in which you've got these little discoveries. It's just a different experience."

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Fran Drescher was on tonight's episode of Broad City! She has to come back though because I thought she was fairly underutilized.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Is anyone else watching Kevin (Probably) Saves the World? I watched the first episode, then saved the next 5 but hadn't gotten to them until today. I just watched the second.

I like it. Jason Ritter is very well cast, and the cast as a whole is quite good. It's funny, endearing and entertaining.