• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm a passive fan of the Warriors games, I only play some of them several years apart but the one thing that's keeping me interested is how they've branched to spin offs.

It started with Gundam for me, I was so surprised to find that it existed and oh man I adored those games a lot. I thought it'd be a one off but here we are with One Piece, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest versions and collab characters from other games appearing in the series from Atelier, Nioh, Soul Calibur and more.

So my question is, what Warriors / Musou spin off / collaboration do you wanna see next?

Personally, I really want to see two series take the leap to the Warriors family - Pokèmon and Resident Evil.

I think Pokèmon would benefit greatly from a collab like Warriors. They're really not hard games to play so kids could get into them easily, and there are over 700 Pokemon to choose from to create movesets for. There's so much potential here and with Nintendo getting quite close to the Warriors brand with Hyrule and FE Warriors I really want a collab with Pokemon to happen.

Resident Evil is a personal want because of how much I adore the series. It's gone through so many different gameplay styles in the action and horror genres and I think an arcadey Warriors with maps based across the whole series (Raccoon City, Africa, Spain, Tall Oaks, the boats of the series, the labs of the series, etc etc) would be extremely fun, just something that doesn't take itself too seriously.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy warriors
I am surprised they didn't make that yet.

Or super Mario (Nintendo land) warriors, that's will be hard bat it can be done.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Musou
Kingdom Hearts Musou
Shin Megami Tensei Musou
Monster Hunter Musou
Tokyo Ghoul Musou
God of War Musou

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Would fit the idea of being one strong fighter on a battlefield defeating hundreds of enemies and fighting over different points of a map. Also, you'd get to choose between lots of different Jedi and maybe even the various CW-era Sith when you're done with the story or doing the non-story stuff.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
8HEpBwP.gif

sZheHcK.gif

UF8rdF2.gif

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts, i hope they follow the Dragon Quest ones more, the hold the stronghold thing gets old real quick.

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asterix. That series has Musou written all over it. ;)

Edit: Ha, seems I wasn't the first to think of it. :)

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A crossover game featuring say, various Jump characters fighting together and against each other. I.E. Dragonball X One Piece X Naruto X Bleach X Fist Of The North Star X Etc.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Yu Yu Hakusho

Lemme punt demon fodder across the screen as Younger Toguro or turn grunts into a field of demon flowers with Kurama.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Soulsborne for the mismatch craziness.

Use all the favorite npc's from the games as player characters against Soulsborne enemies and bosses. And make them more spammy and arcadey for that Warriors gameplay.

Wrecking shit as Solaire, Biorr of the Twin Fangs, or Eileen the Crow. I want it.

I want to play as Vallarfax or Lady Maria too, though she'd probably be a boss.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Final Fantasy warriors
I am surprised they didn't make that yet.

Oh absolutely! I didn't think of Final Fantasy. Everything about that is there as well with Koei Tecmo working on Dissidia they're close to the series already. I'd be so down for that.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I really really want a new Gundam one. Other than that, Star Wars and Final Fantasy would be my top two wishes.

Actually, a Dragon Ball Z one could work as well, with an original story justifying that you'd fight hundreds of enemies.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised why Crusade Warriors has not happened yet. Playing as Salah Al-din would be awesome.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario World themed Musou would print money if done right, or just go all out and do a Smash Bros Musou.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Short of Final Fantasy, the only obvious one was Fire Emblem, and this has already been made.

It would already require quite a bit of thinking to fit FF into the Muso framework, but that should be possible. Other series would really feel forced to me. I mean of course you can always imagine a Dragon Ball Muso (don't think it's already been done yet) but I dunno it really feels like reaching and not very natural actually.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
One Punch Man.

You'd have a massive and diverse cast of characters from the Hero's Association and beyond - Genos, Sonic, Boros, Bang, Garou, Metal Bat, Tornado... Watchdog Man, etc. Each of them would be incredibly flashy and have a crazy set of moves.

And then you'd have Saitama, whose only attack is a basic punch capable of wiping the entire field instantly.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Musou next, pls. KT would have a giant playground for PCs, NPCs, maps, music....EVERYTHING.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
One Punch Man.

You'd have a massive and diverse cast of characters from the Hero's Association and beyond - Genos, Sonic, Boros, Bang, Garou, Metal Bat, Tornado... Watchdog Man, etc. Each of them would be incredibly flashy and have a crazy set of moves.

And then you'd have Saitama, whose only attack is a basic punch capable of wiping the entire field instantly.

This is what I came to post.

Except, my idea is that you include C and B class heroes as well. Before you choose a mission, you choose 1-4 characters, from C, B, A, or S Class. When one dies, another from the next rank takes their place, until you reach S class. If they fall, then Saitama arrives and you play as him, punching your way to victory. When you do this, you get more points the longer you manage to hold off before you reach Saitama.

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy is the obvious pick here.

Would also love a Capcom crossover game drawing from many of their properties. Let me take Amaterasu to fight hordes of dinos on Ibis Island.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kaiju Warriors

You get to create your own monster, picking your species and basic attack types, and are then unleashed in a small, unsuspecting town in the middle of nowhere. At first you're a small and weak proto-kaiju, picking off handfuls of people at a time, but as you do so you get bigger and can pick new powers and abilities. Eventually you get into bigger villages and start ripping apart crowds of fleeing bystanders and tangling with pockets of law enforcement offering resistance. Then you start fighting armored vehicles, soldiers in exo-skeletons and mechs by the gross as you make your way into more densely populated areas. Rip enough of those apart and you get big enough to swat down giant robots, swarms of attack helicopters and minor kaiju as you smash buildings left and right. At this point you're full-sized and major kaiju from other planets start showing up with their own alien armies in tow. Beat enough of them and you're off to alien worlds you can smash up and conquer. Eventually your kill count gets up in the billions, because let's face it that's kind of where musou games are going and you might as well take them out hundreds at a time by swatting a building or two.

Basically, the game world scales up as your reign of destruction continues; you start with individuals in a small town, then vehicles and houses across a rural space, then military tech in small cities, moving on to larger and larger cities as you fight other small monsters, until eventually you're fighting waves of alien attack craft / robots / whatever led by giant monsters like yourself across metropolitan areas on Earth and other planets. All the while adding new attacks, abilities and even bionic upgrades to your repertoire.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
A crossover game featuring say, various Jump characters fighting together and against each other. I.E. Dragonball X One Piece X Naruto X Bleach X Fist Of The North Star X Etc.

I like you. ^_^

I'd also throw in Nintendo Musou and Capcom Musou as good crossover ideas. Hell, KT's already touched various Jump and Nintendo properties, and Capcom's already got their own spin in Basara, so it should be even easier. XD

Deleted member 11002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I recently bought Berserk, but it's already too repetitive. I think having some depth to the combat would be nice.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I want my Kirby Warriors damnit!

At first it seems like a completely off the wall choice but the more you think about it, the more sense it makes. Kirby already devours legions of enemy Waddle Dees at every possible chance and there are enough characters over the course of the series' history to fit into a small, concise roster. Plus the soundtrack would be pure fire, it just ticks all the boxes.

Please Nintendo/Koei Tecmo - you know what you have to do!

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm good with Musou titles for a while. Fire Emblem Warriors let me down good.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin Warriors

Role changed, you move hordes of useless pikmin set to die against few way stronger enemies

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Berserk x Dynasty Warriors. I think it's going to be nice

I recently bought Berserk, but it's already too repetitive. I think having some depth to the combat would be nice.

I like the Berserk game. I really wish it had online multiplayer, as that would've added some variety and longevity.
I'm not sure that we need a sequel or anything, though, as the game covered virtually the entire story so far.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I like the Berserk game. I really wish it had online multiplayer, as that would've added some variety and longevity.
I'm not sure that we need a sequel or anything, though, as the game covered virtually the entire story so far.
I liked the Berserk game too and almost getting the platinum. But a spin-off won't do any harm

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
FF should happen yeah, Square Enix and Koei Tecmo work together a lot, Team Ninja is making 2 new FF games even, so make FF Warriors happen.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I'd like to see companies who can't go to Koei for Musou go to Capcom and Sengoku Basara instead, they got an amazing thing going with 3 but then seemed to take a dwindling path with sequels and expandalones that barely did anything new or improved. The gameplay since 3 onwards is so much fun it too deserves to be experimented with all kinds of different meta game and progression systems just like Musou, licensed spin offs could offer that.