• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Was The Best Top Gear Special?

• Vietnam Special

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Middle East Special

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Polar Special

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Bolivia Special

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Botswana Special

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Patagonia Special

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I've been re-watching Top Gear, and I've gotten to season 12 and the correct answer to this poll, the Vietnam Special.

joIJYuc.jpg

2 votes, so you can vote for the Vietnam Special and the 2nd best.

Picked the best ones for me for the poll, but if you need a refresher on the ones for "others"
topgear.fandom.com

Specials

Specials were originally episodes of the original format of Top Gear that focused on one specific motoring topic, such as the 100th anniversary of the land speed record, or car maintenance. Following the show's reboot in 2002, specials became episodes where the presenters went on a road trip...

DSBMFwc.gif

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Vietnam easily and although not classed as a special the one where they travel across Alabama with decorated cars is a close second.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Botswana probably, though to be perfectly honest, none of them have aged particularly well for me.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

Middle East and India were garbage. I don't even recalls what happens

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Vietnam, Botswana and polar are the top three. Mongolia is right up there with them but that's technically not top gear.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Botswana was the special where they crossed the salt flats right? If it is, out of all the places they visited, the island in the middle of the flats has to be the single most stunning. An almost otherworldly location.

Vietnam was pretty great as well.

GravisMors

Oct 29, 2017
The polar one is the closest I think we get to non scripted top gear. At least for those moments they're digging out that tundra. They looked utterly beaten and broken. Not to mention it gave us the shotgun gif.
tumblr_lyr5gnwcn41qdlh1io1_400.gif

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
The polar one is the closest I think we get to non scripted top gear. At least for those moments they're digging out that tundra. They looked utterly beaten and broken. Not to mention it gave us the shotgun gif.
tumblr_lyr5gnwcn41qdlh1io1_400.gif
Yeah, seeing them actually deal with real hardships and have to let go of their insufferable natures for the briefest moment is the reason Polar and Botswana are my favorites.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh.

Bolivia
Vietnam
Polar
Africa
Burma
Patagonia
Botswana
Middle East
India

If we're tossing in The Grand Tour, Mongolia would make top 3 at least.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
It's 100% Vietnam. That's the special I can sit down and watch over and over again, and it's the one I normally use to introduce people to Top Gear