• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Dawnguard was the first bit of DLC I purchased on its own. Most DLC I play comes in the form of GotY editions.

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Unironically a key for horse armor, I didn't even know wtf was going on. I think the first significant unit of DLC after Oblivion was northern strike for BF2142 though

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
If I remember correctly it was the Crackdown Getting Busy Bonus Pack. It added new weapons, vehicles and missions I believe.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I have never bought dlc. I think if you don't count game of the year editions that come with all the dlc.

Wow expansions don't count either, right?

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Mario Kart 8's Course Packs 1 and 2. Those extra courses were worth it for their creativity and just having more race tracks to race on.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I have only ever bought the map packs for Halo 3. I played that game everyday for years so it was worth it. I've never bothered with any DLC from any game unless it came with a version that I bought.

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some DLC for Fire Emblem Awakening.

Game is so weak and easy that I bought some new maps and yep, some of them are good (Roster Rescue and that last map).

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 2! As a console only player, the idea of downloading new maps through the internet was very cool to me at the time. I remember just staring at the download screen.

Recluse

Oct 25, 2017
The "Knights of the Nine" oblivion add-on disk.

If that doesn't count then it's the sexy swimsuits for Onechanbara ZII chaos.
Not counting expansions I've only bought downloadable content for about 4 games.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it was Blops 1 first map pack, first DLC I ever bought and the only Call of Duty I bought all its DLC packs. Zombies was so fucking good back then and buying a whole pack for just one zombie map felt worth it, they were very well designed and fun to play on with buds. Can't say the same about post-Blops1 zombies.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Horse armor in Oblivion.
dear god no I'm j/k.

For real, though, I think it was a costume compilation for a Tales game. I don't buy DLC often. At all.