• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
For me, it was digital Halo 2 maps as they came out on the OG Xbox. I recall there being quite a few, even hang em high towards the end.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I held out against DLC in general for a long time, and I still raaaarely buy it.

As best I can recall, Undead Nightmare for RDR was my first ever DLC purchase.

Bugy52

Oct 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Probably this:

phantasy_star_online_ambition_of_the_illuminus_01_0.jpg

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
My first DLC was Mario Kart 8 DLC. Well worth it in my opinion. The next DLC I got after that was FE: Awakening Map Packs, which were fine, but definitely not worth the price. Those packs were the reason I never invested in Fates Map Packs.

I still haven't really purchased any DLC since those and, if I have, it's been mostly free stuff like the additional characters in Master Blaster Zero that were free for a week or two when they came out. I would have gotten BOTW's, but I need to see about the story addition before I pick it up personally.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 4 multiplayer map pack.

Sign into game with PSN ID, Sign into a Konami ID, then sign into a Game ID, then could buy it.

What a bunch of horseshit that was.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
The first and for a very long time the only one, the Pagani Zonda for Need for Speed Carbon. I ended up using it once and not liking it. I really don't know what took me that day.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
The first and the last dlc i have ever bought was pop2008 ending, it was already against dlcs but i made an exception becuase i loved the game and that ending... never again

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo Reach map pack. Can't remember which one was first, but I eventually bought them all.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First DLC I paid for and I could easily verify this by looking at my purchase history, but I'm also positive that it was on PS3 and it was a Resistance: Fall of Man Map pack.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the first time I ever bought dlc was for Folklore. It had loads of dlc costumes and stages and stuff like that and I loved the game so much I bought all of it.

It's crazy to think that game came out ten years ago now. Maybe I should replay it.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I had to look because I honestly had no idea. My first ever modern DLC ever purchased was on June 29, 2007 when I bought the Vs. CPU Pack for Lumines Live! on Xbox 360.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't have to purchase it, but I remember getting the KOTOR DLC when it first came. All it included was some small, extra space station with new light saber crystals, but it got me to play through the game a second time. I'm fairly certain that was the first DLC ever for a console game.

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo
For me it was the Warcraft 2 expansion pack. That was my introduction to the concept of an expansion pack.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
None. I wait for complete edition or move on to other games. There are just too many good games to play.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
Probably The Price of Loyalty for Heroes of Might and Magic II. That game was so good even though it got surpassed by Heroes III which I also bought the expansion for.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The only DLCs I have gotten separately are the Smash, MK8 and Zelda ones. Other than that, always GOTY editions.

Oh, I just remembered I purchased Dark Souls 3 in a pack with the season pass at launch. But I think that's it
Do you remember how many breads you have eaten in your life?
DIIIIIIOOOOOOO

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Ultima VII: Forge of Virtue, I think.

Though if we're not counting retail expansions, probably Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age: Origins. No wait, I think I bought some "premium modules" for Neverwinter Nights back in the day.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 2 map packs back when I got Xbox Live in 2006.

It is legit surprising to see people say they have yet to get any or got their first at some point this gen. DLC has been around for 2.5 console generations at this point. Thats crazy.