• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fawx

Oct 27, 2017
Varsovia
"Defender of the Empire" mission pack(if that counts as DLC) for the original TIE Fighter game back in '94.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The final chapters of Asura's Wrath and I don't regret it at all. An incredible ride all along, wish there was an edition with everything included so I can recommend it to my friends easily. This game would benefit a lot from a port to this generation.

kyoP

Oct 26, 2017
It was the Jetstream DLC for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which offered a fresh take on the already great combat. A few new locations would have been cool, but hey, taunting is super fun!

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
If we're not including DLC attached to "GOTY Edition" or anything, probably TLOU: Left Behind. I bought it because TLOU was an amazing experience, and I wanted more story and gameplay from that experience.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to say, the ones I remember clearly is the skin/map packs for Uncharted 2. But might have bought something useless even before that.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Lobo for injustice
He was so bad he needed patches
I didn't even use the bastard.

Lmwanderer

Oct 27, 2017
Binghamton NY
Mine was the Eagle Watch expansion for the original pc version of Rainbow 6 in 99. For Xbox it was the Halo 2 multiplayer map pack since anything I had downloaded on Dreamcast was just the free dlc stuff.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It was Oblivion on the X360, but not the horse armor.

The Orrery was the first DLC I ever purchased for any game and man, did I enjoy it. I was already a part of the Mage's Guild and running a mage build, so buying the DLC was a no brainier for me.

Fast forward 11 years and I wish I could give back some of the DLC I've bought.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Bring Down The Sky for the first Mass Effect. The DLC for the Mass Effect Trilogy, all of the Souls games and Skyrim are the only DLC I've ever purchased (none of the cosmetic/convenience stuff, but the full blown mini expansions). Bought Shivering Isles too, but it was a legitimate expansion, not just DLC.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was the Epilogue DLC for Prince of Persia 2k8.

That was a mistake, the extra content sucks and they actively retcon the best part of the original ending

Deleted member 5519

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 1 DLCs. Come to think it's pretty mind blowing I managed to go without buying any for so long.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Some Guitar Hero III song.

The first season pass I bought was Mario Kart 8. Worth every penny.

Didyme

Oct 29, 2017
The Old Hunters

Before PS4, I always played offline. I associated DLC with multiplayer competitive games like COD, not my favorite genre. Then came Bloodborne on PS4 and I wanted to experience the game with its online components. Buying the DLC was a no brainer, and saying that I was not disappointed would be an understatement.

SiRatul

Oct 27, 2017
BFBC2 Vietnam and it was worth it.
Before that I never felt the need to buy any DLCs. I didn't spend much on games back then as well since money was tight.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I think using DLC to describe full expansion packs is doing them a disservice. :p

I agree, horse armor or some maps aren't really on the same level. And, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe Lord of Destruction and Brood War (which I also saw) weren't downloadable at the time they launched.

For me though, it was probably horse armor...

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
First Expansion
Mysteries of the Sith

first DLC
The Knife of Dunwall

both fantasti

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
The very first car pack for Project Gotham Racing 2. Love that game. Prior to Halo 2 coming out I spent many an evening on XBL with it and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow.

GooeyHeat

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure it was Rock Band 2 music, though I couldn't for the life of you tell me what song(s) it was.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
I was thought that it was The Lost and the Damned for GTAIV.

But the more I think about it, it could have been one of the track packs for Guitar Hero 3.

Either way one of those.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mass Effect 2 Shadow Broker DLC. Liara was my boo, so the story and character writing was very emotional for me.