• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

addyb

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment for me it's Binding of Isaac AB+ and Mario on the switch. Man if you have several decent runs on Isaac that just eats the time. On Odyssey last night I thought I'd collect a few moons on the seaside kingdom and next thing I knew 3 hours had passed.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Steamworld Dig 2 for sure.

"I'm just going to go up and sell this stuff, then put Dot back where I want to start mining next time..."

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0/Kiwami. What should be a quick journey from one end of Kamurocho to another to visit a restaurant ends up with you accidentally starting (and then completing) 10 different substories and fighting half the criminal population of Japan.

It's the best.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Destiny 2 for PC. It unlocked at 1PM EST and when I stopped playing it was midnight. I felt so disgusting and my wrist hurt really bad the next morning.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odyssey and Wolf 2 are real easy to get lost in....

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stardew Valley. And it was way more than one hour.

Every time I boot the game I can play for hours without realising. I hate it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I just did that yesterday with Super Mario Odyssey. I didn't realize how late it got.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Right now, Super Mario Odyssey. This game is really special. For me, more so than Breath of the Wild.

Before that, I got lost in Xcom 1 and 2. Amazing games. They have some issues, but these only get visible after dozens of hours and repeated playthroughs in higher difficulties.

foxbeldin

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly : Stick Fight. I launched it 'just to try' and ended up forgetting to eat.

Quite a fun mp game.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey. Before that, Persona 5 and before that Breath of the Wild. I'd start playing for like 5 minutes only to realize 2 hours had passed.

OmegaMori

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Destiny 2 for me first time doing the raid before I knew it it was 3am and or damn I have to be up in 2 hours for work, fun times

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2. Told myself I'd do a strike but ended up doing that + finishing off the campaign. now the grind to 305 begins (again)

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
Was replaying Mario Galaxy the other day. Man that game just sucks you in the fun and you forget about the real world.

Quadaess

Oct 27, 2017
Sevilla
Stardew Valley. Almost always I'm like "I'll just play one or two (in-game) days. But then I'm always "one more day", and then hours have passed flying.

Victorius

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alien: Isolation. Bought on sale a week ago for peanuts, even if I am not a big Alien fan.

I am now at chapter 13 (19 in total), and even if it is an OK game for me, sometimes I find myself totally sunk in its world. My Astro 50 does help a lot, of course.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It has to have been a PSVR game, like RIGS. When you're closed off from the outside world it's easy to lose track of time.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stardew Valley on the Nintendo Switch. 40 hours played in a very short period of time. Thank god Mario Odyssey came out...

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
If I had to take a guess of most recent, it definitely would be Mario Odyssey. Thought I was only going to put in two hours when I got the game at the midnight release, and I put almost four hours before realizing it was about to turn 2 A.M.

Before that, I'd probably say Overwatch due to working on the Halloween Skins and the time taken to get that "one more loot box"

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Like most here, Mario Odyssey. The levels are simply amazing...I get so sidetracked collecting the various moons etc. Played it for at least 6 hours today and my eyes are bleeding lol

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
DOOM and before that probably the God of War 3 remaster.

Not many games hold my attention like that these days. In particular, I find games like Uncharted a real struggle. On one hand I feel like I should be enjoying it, and I love the environments and scenery, but on the other hand I lose interest at every cutscene (would rather watch an actual film) and do find the games a bit of a chore.

That why I like games with less talk and more gameplay. DOOM was exactly that, in spades.

Also enjoying SMO at the moment too, which would typically fit this mould, but that's working well in 20 minute chunks in portable mode whenever I get some spare time.

Unmei

Oct 27, 2017
Dot Hack the original 4 part series love the story and gate functions. When I need a core for a gate I'm like ready to grind.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
I almost didn't pick up Odyssey because I wasn't sure Mario still did it for me. Every kingdom I've played I've been bummed out at the end of thinking it was too short, only to realize I had been in there for a couple of hours. Game is really incredible.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
This happens in nearly every game I get in to!

I don't play that many games, and if it doesn't click after a while then I'll move on, but I lost track of time so often. I think playing most of the time late at night when my wife's gone to bed makes time fly too as I'm always conscious of it ticking away!

Recently it's happened on Picross (just one more puzzle), BotW (just get to that mountain, do that shrine etc); just one more battle on M+R; one more Salmon Run...

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Dragons Dogma is kinda doing it to me now, but i am a very anxious person and i tend to look at the time all the time. It mostly happens at night sessions and only if i have nothing scheduled for the morning.