• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
This happens to me all the time while playing league of legends. If you lose a match you wanna play another one to recover, if you win you want to keep that momentum going. So many lost nights wanting to climb up the ranked ladder

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not the last game, but whenever I played Omega Quintet the hours just flew by which is weird because I didn't even like the game all that much. Ended up getting the true ending, though.

More recently, Steins;Gate. I think "I'll just read some more and stop." and when I come to I just finished an entire chapter.

TheIcedP

Oct 27, 2017
It's really difficult for me when that happens. I usually enjoy most games I play but I almost always look at the time to see how much time has passed. I think the last one that got me fully engaged to the point where I forgot to check the clock was Grim Fandango Remastered, funny enough. Had me super engaged as I love these style point n click games.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XCOM 2. Just picked this up back in August and it was just what I was hoping for.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Stardew Valley. Always another micro goal to accomplish so it's too easy to lose track of time.

Chrisviolence

Oct 27, 2017
It's a tie between Nioh and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I played them back to back and got completely immersed in both for hours at a time. They are two of my favorite games this generation.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been able to sit down and play something for a while, so the honest answer is Love Nikki dress up queen. Sometimes I think I'll just check stuff for five mins doing daily chore stuff, but then I go on and there's an event and then go farming and then I look at the time.

TheMule1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Started playing BioShock and have lost my whole Saturday to it. Played it when it originally came out a decade ago but forgot how great it is.

adel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0
Everytime I want to progress with the story I get distracted with mini games and side quests for hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Mass Effect: Andromeda is the most recent for me I think. Two 70 hour playthroughs went by incredibly fast.

Usually it's always RPGs that cause me to lose track of time.

Malovis

Oct 27, 2017
There was this one simple browser strategy game where you had hidden squares to click on to expand your territory and build stuff. Very simplistic but the feedback loop essentially captured the soul of a CC-type game. Got more hooked up on it than the majority of AAA games that i have played over the years.

Deleted member 6137

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most recently, ELEX. Before that, it was Divinity: Original Sin 2. Before that, it was The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a 10.5 hours coop-session of Divinity Original Sin 2. Could have sworn it was a few hours at most. This game just sucks you in and doesn't let go >.<

MonsterMech

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black on BC on X1. Game is so good. I sat down to play with my son and we both lost the time. He was impressed that a game I played as a kid could look/play so good. He expects them all to look like snes/genesis games.

Mattiator

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 rocked my world for a few weeks and I got burnt out, South Park also made time fly, I am done that now. I got Stardew Valley sitting on my switch and I am afraid to start it lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls 3. Mostly in PVP, with PVE I can find stopping points after bosses, but when I played PVP I would go on for hours without noticing. I've honestly played so much that I'm am beyond burnt out on the game. I might play PVE again in the future, but I'm done with the PVP.

Oct 27, 2017
I only popped Ninja Gaiden Black into my Xbox One to give it a quick check. 3 hours later I was still playing.

Mario Kart 8 is another title I put on for a quick 10 minutes and somehow an hour or two can disappear.

keakster

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Breath of the wild for me, I have no idea how I put so many hours in that game

Yup. "Just one more ..... shrine/korok/material for upgrades/mountain to climb" and then repeat for Master mode. Reading the article about how they designed the world as a system of triangles to visually cue you where to go next makes it tough to stop exploring

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2, ranked battles. When you win, you feel like you can win again, and when you lose, you feel like you can win next time by playing a little better. The battles are like five minutes long but they're so intense that they feel shorter, so it's always "one more battle."

Ube

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5. So much to do and see in the game.

Trying to finish dungeons in sitting was fun and time consuming

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rocket League...probably 4 nights a week since it launched...Im so tired. :)

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Playing them both right now: Metroid Prime and Super Mario Odyssey. Before that, Mario + Rabbids.

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
Just today, Risk of Rain.

Just a quick play to test the new character I've unlocked.

Did a run lasting two and a half hours.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Gravity Rush 2. Still playing it, I'm 45 hours in at 70% completion, in a game with a 20hr campaign. Sometimes I 'loose' an hour just completing treasure hunts and mining.

toa95

Oct 27, 2017
Recently Mario Odyssey has done that to me, though before that, Minecraft with a friend is always the game that makes me look at the clock and go, "Oh shit, we've been playing for way longer then I thought."

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely Heiankyo Alien 3671

I've put over 60 hours into this title, which is probably more than every other game I've played this year. The average game of 3671 lasts a little over 5 minutes, but I always end up playing for 3-4 hours at a time. I haven't been this addicted to an arcade-style game since Crazy Taxi.

Last edited:

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Odyssey. Before that, it was Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild. Blasting through the year in P5 and the exploration in BotW completely sucked me in.