• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
most recently its been ARK, currently doing splitscreen co-op with my 8 year old nephew and suddenly realizing 2 hours have passed is quite jarring, but well, that's pretty much the point of the game lol

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
Stardew Valley. It's even more terrifyingly time-sucking than Mario Odyssey. Just another day... another day..... Three more sleeps... (goodbye real life sleep).

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
Wolfenstein TNC most recently. Although it usually happens with all new games I play. Easy to lost track of time.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW, because it takes so long to walk anywhere before you get shrine fast travel points, especially in that damned Gerudo area.

ZiT

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh for me. I thought I would immerse into Prey which's the game that I'm currently playing but somehow it didn't even though I think it's a pretty good game, dunno why.

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
Fire Emblem Warriors. I get way into Warriors games and I've been looking forward to the Fire Emblem version for awhile now.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Warriors. I was at the last few chapters then jumped into History mode. I thought i would get bored going back to replay older chapters to grind my lower leveled characters but i was wrong. It's much more fun than just grinding for money especially with the exp blessing

Oct 25, 2017
FTL 4 years ago.

Worked in a booth as a security guard during the graveyard shift.

Brought my laptop with FTL.

8 hours flew by like it was God damn nothing.

That game is digital crack. Too bad we never got FTL 2.

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
Too many games feel like that. Last one though is BOTW, I spent 2 hours walking around trying to unlock towers.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
Was going to post this in the Mario + Rabbids thread but soon realized we don't have one yet here on Reset, so figured this was the next best place...

That final mission on 4-9. I'm sorry. I must be an idiot or something but I followed a strategy guide, looked up youtube videos, and even put it on easy mode for the final boss fight with Bowser and I couldn't for the life of me beat it. It took me over 3 hours of trying and retrying only to lose by a single turn. So I was like, nope. Watching the ending on Youtube and maybe one day I'll give it another shot.

So in this case, losing the hours was not out of fun, but out of sheer determination that only ended in frustration and regret. But despite all of that I still think the game is fun but I don't know what happened at the end there.

ibu

Oct 28, 2017
For me it's continuously Game Dev Story. Every few months I jump into the game and just become totally absorbed. The most recent example would have to be Friday. I was on my way home on the tube, I looked up and I'd missed my stop ending up even further north west than I intended. The plus side to this story is that at least I'd got a 6 million selling title. Every damn time this game gets me, it's a regular time absorber.

The other game would be Super Mario Odyssey. I'm still in the early stages, which is mainly because I'm just running around playing with the games mechanics and failing to cap jump, when it matters, miserably. Oh my what a wonderful game though.

Pent

Oct 27, 2017
Ditto with the Stardew Valley. Make that like 6 hours instead of one. It's like time travel.

Plasmids

Oct 28, 2017
This is an easy one as I'm playing it at the moment.

Horizon Zero Dawn as I can lose hours in that game the world is just so immersive it just takes me away to be honest.

Vexxan

Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey and PUBG are currently the two games most guilty of stealing my time. It's always one more game, one more moon...

LuWatiX

Oct 27, 2017
Total War: Warhammer. Was Playing the coop-campaign with my brother and i think we clocked in around 15 hours in the first weekend.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Always the same game...... I'll just play Civilization for a little bit............. 10 hrs later..... Well that was a productive day.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Throne Of Lies. It has that "just one more match" appeal like Civ games with their rounds. I intended on playing a few matches, maybe 30 minutes worth of time typically, but was invited to a role playing group and was having a ball. Before I knew it two hours had passed.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Viva Piñata! Time never works right when I'm playing that game. Working on that 100% for TiP.

rOss

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Fire Emblem Warriors! I've never really played a Warriors type game before. I enjoyed the FE series so I thought I would try it out, soon it was 5 hrs later. The Switch is really opening my eyes to a variety of games will all the crossovers.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
My first days with VR. Eleven Table Tennis and Arizona Sunshine made the hours simply disappear. I was so impressed and immersed that I forgot everything around me.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Odyssey i played till 5 am on release day. Thought it was like 12 am lol, so i lost 5 hours of time.

Cbrun44

While not the last, the one I could spend the most time in while not even noticing was Skyrim. I could sit from 8 at night until 2 in the morning without even thinking about it.

I haven't really had anything like that since or at least to that extent.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Odyssey, made me miss a movie with friends yesterday. When I looked at the time it was too late so I decided to stay home and keep playing some more instead.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just got the Switch and five free days, playing Steam world dig 2 and Odyssey. Three days gone and I didn't manage to do much else...

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Got Civ 3 for free from humble bundle, and I decided to play it yesterday. I was beginning to get annoyed at the barbarians (will have to turn them off next time), checked the time, oh boy it's been 4 hours.