• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

This doesn't happen to me often unless it's a multiplayer focused game and I'm playing with a bunch of friends, but Mario Odyssey had me playing til 6AM after picking up the game at a midnight launch. I was planning on just checking it out for an hour or two before heading to bed, but time just flew by.

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Freakin Stardew Valley. And not just one hour but two freakin days lol
It's never been that bad for me with Stardew Valley, but I know the feeling. I have to be careful if I start playing it during the evening if I don't want to go to work the next morning as a zombie.

Oct 27, 2017
How is Ace compared to classics such as DDRMAX or Extreme 1?

Ironically I spent this whole weekend playing on an original Extreme machine so I have a few insights.

+ Even though Ace doesn't have the exact same music list as Extreme for licensing reasons, the sheer amount of songs that are in Ace is great enough to overcome that.

+ The Mods in Ace are more intuitive and give you more control over speed and other things than in Extreme.

- The overall GUI for Ace has a very sterilized feel to it that can't be replicated from Extreme.

Honestly, Ace is the better game, but Extreme still holds a special place on my heart

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Ironically I spent this whole weekend playing on an original Extreme machine so I have a few insights.

+ Even though Ace doesn't have the exact same music list as Extreme for licensing reasons, the sheer amount of songs that are in Ace is great enough to overcome that.

+ The Mods in Ace are more intuitive and give you more control over speed and other things than in Extreme.

- The overall GUI for Ace has a very sterilized feel to it that can't be replicated from Extreme.

Honestly, Ace is the better game, but Extreme still holds a special place on my heart
Good info.

I guess for me it's just the music in the older games is such much better/more memorable.

I usually play In The Groove if I want more of a challenge and greater mod usage.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
AC Creed Origins has that quality for me. So much stuff to explore and find, so many resources to gather, so many camps/forts to raid and it's usually all fun. It's just a really good AC game and I've always loved those.

Oct 27, 2017
Good info.

I guess for me it's just the music in the older games is such much better/more memorable.

I usually play In The Groove if I want more of a challenge and greater mod usage.

Yeah, the charts in DDR Ace are definitely more technical and difficult than anything in Extreme and are pushing ITG difficulty. If you ever get a chance, go on YouTube watch the Konami 2016 KAC for DDRA where you'll see the best players in the world play songs for the world championships. The songs they choose are some of the hardest in the world and are absolutely stupid lol.

Remy

Oct 25, 2017
AssCreed Origins.

I end up running around doing random stuff and leveling up.

Saatchquatch

Oct 27, 2017
Darksiders.

Nabbed it on sale not having played it since way back when it first came out on PS3 and yeah... I fired it up to see how it looked on the PS4 and a couple of the voices were annoyingly familiar so I went to IMDB the game on my phone and lo and behold I'd been "seeing how it looks" for like three and a half hours.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon: ZD I think. I was so enraptured and I would get side tracked hunting robots that an hour would pass without me noticing.