• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Bravely Default 2 - My most anticipated game from the show
NMH3 trailer - I probably wont care much about the game.. but damn the trailer was amazing
Hellblade - Loved the first one
Reggie Speach - That was Passion, loved it
Godfall - Cool trailer

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Airship Syndicate is making that League of Legends game. I'm about halfway through Darksiders Genesis, and pretty much anythign these guys do, I'm on board for. I know next to nothing about League, but I dig Joe Mad's art style (that heavily influenced Blizzard, and thus all the DOTA-likes), so this sounds like a really good pairing.

Also pretty stoked for Humankind; Gears Tactics looked interesting, and Weird West should be a fun game.

Nothing really mind-blowing this time (Hellblade 2 looks cool, but I liked, but didn't adore the original), but a pretty solid show. Oh, and my personal pick for GOTY won GOTY, so that was neat.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Not my favorite moment, but what the fuck was with Musk's reaction to the Cyberpunk trailer. He's awkwardly like, "Hmm, is nobody gonna—I should stand now." Ikumi then joins him to give a very short, weird standing ovation.
(2:06:01)

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Highlights:

Reggie speech
Disco Elysium sweeping the categories it was nominated in
Hellblade trailer
Muppets (though they probably should not have been presenting that specific award)
Sekiro win / Miyazaki getting the award
Wolf 2 (though I will remain cautious until we know how many people from Zombie telltale are from original telltale)
DMC V victory
Airship Syndicate making another game, don't really care about LoL but will follow them there
Ori trailer being very pretty (even if I feel like I could have said that about way too many shows by now)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I haven't owned an Xbox in my life, but the Series X reveal for sure. Not just for the actual announcement but the significance of announcing a new hardware generation with a formal trailer and everything at the Game Awards. Momentous happening right there, and I expect The Game Awards to be legitimised far more than ever before in 2020 because of it.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Sons of the Forest. I'm a survival game fan.

Seeing a new console is also very cool, and it looks nice. And I'm interested in Naraka Bladepoint and Gears Tactics.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
That brief moment when I actually thought there was going to be a game called "Goddamn Superhero" before it turned out to be the already known and historically-pretty-underwhelming-as-a-series NMH3.

Pretty weak year for announcements.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That brief moment when I actually thought there was going to be a game called "Goddamn Superhero" before it turned out to be the already known and historically-pretty-underwhelming-as-a-series NMH3.

Pretty weak year for announcements.
Tbf, Geoff did warn us politely a few times.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Reggie's speech.
Copying my post from Nintendo thread.

You can tell that Reggie wasn't just a man in a suit, he truly is passionate about the medium.
Other than his mention of Miyamoto and Iwata (that gave me chills by the way), you can tell he was "raised" by them in the medium. He sees video games as a playful, recreational medium, talking about how every game designer started as a kid imagining worlds.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Beaker vs. Goose was the unexpected highlight of the night.

In terms of games, the Hellblade 2 trailer reveal was definitely my favorite. (I didn't think Senua's facial capture/character model could improve from the first game, but I was so wrong!),

Xbox Series X was a surprise, that's a handsome tower right there.

I'm also really happy Disco Elysium did so well, and it was a nice surprise for Sekiro to take the GotY win.

It was glorious.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
When it ended.

The muppet show. It was cute and worked way more than in-stage jokes.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The Xbox announcements, I felt there was no reason to watch anything else after that.

Destiny had already won best community and best reddit, all was right in the world.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
There were quite a few moments:
Sekiro winning, of course
Even though I'm not an indie person I really liked Reggie's speech
Muppets vs Goose
Ghost of Tsushima trailer with the orchestra playing
Bravely Default 2 trailer
The medley for the "Best Game" nominees always gets me as well

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
  • The Series X reveal
  • Goddamn Superhero
  • The Hellblade 2 trailer
  • Reggies speech
  • Fire Emblem getting its recognition

What disappointed me was that Resident Evil 2 won nothing

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a No More Heroes game, but that NMH3 trailer was incredible and one of the only parts of the show that actually stuck with me afterwards.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
The only thing that kinda bummed me out about the Xblock reveal was that you couldn't hear the live audience react. I wanted to hear that pop!

I'm so ready for next gen. I can't wait for Sony & Microsoft's individual conferences.

When they cut to Elon Musk in the crowd after Cyberpunk 2077 and he didn't know if he should stand up and clap.

Ha, yes! That completely slipped my mind.

Or Jonathan Nolan trying to round up the Disco Elysium guys at the end of their acceptance, managing to herd two towards the side of the stage, but Hansel and Gretel following the breadcrumbs back to their seats.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NMH3, FFVIIR, and Hellblade 2 were definitely the best trailers, nothing else really came close. Which means they peaked pretty early, unfortunately.

For non-trailer stuff, the Muppets were fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro winning and the acceptance speech

I don't know what Xbox was thinking revealing their console in this space. I love Geoff but he basically slashed the sails of that announcement immediately when it went back to him and he was plugging a social media event coinciding with the show, and was like what just happened didn't happen for the rest of the show. It was a very strange reveal and gives a feeling that they felt they really wanted to be first to reveal.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
NMH 3, it was the only relevant moment for me. The Ghost game looks nice, and I hope Bravely II is less repetitive than the first game, and everything else was meh.

I liked how my 1 and 2 games from this year won GOTY and User's GOTY, and how Disco Elysium won several awards including best narrative (I was ready to laugh at DS winning this category tbh).

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
- From Software finally getting an award they deserve
- Disco Elysium winning several awards and the devs giving a shoutout to my boys Marx and Engels <3
- Ghosts of Tsushima looking so damn fine
- Xbox announcements

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X + Hellblade 2 announcement. Made my Christmas, finally confirmation of beastly consoles once again.

TGA barely mattered after that lol.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Reggie's speech and the Beaker Goose Game bit. NMH 3 trailer too I guess.

Idk man, this seems to be the problem every year; it feels like Geoff just gets whatever/whoever he's able to get. There's very little cohesion mostly because the game industry doesn't operate like the movie industry, and this is a very movie industry-type event.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

That was funny, but at the wrong point of the show IMO. It was to announce the category games with an impact (which I personally think is an important category and I'm happy that Gris won) and I think it deserved more of a speech similar that Reggie gave for the indie games award and not a comedy sketch, but maybe that's just me...

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
getting to see my hero Hidetaka Miyazaki not only appear in public but be recognized on a big stage

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
That Muppets/UGG crossover bit was an absolute hoot.

Also loved seeing Disco take so many awards. Guess I expected it to be passed over.

Great show overall.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NMHIII could've been a main show reveal with how pitch perfect that trailer was and how not-so-perfect a lot of other stuff was, but I guess they were a little too afraid at how much of a bait-and-switch it was. Either way, definitely the highlight.

Other good moments: Bravely Default II, the Muppets segment, Rocco Botte sitting alone in a crowd, Reggie's speaking segment and the GOTY orchestra.

Overall, not the best TGA.