• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
No more heroes trailers

I liked the concept of Series X design as a monolith but it looked a little boring in practice. Of course thats irrelevant compared to its capabilities

Hellblade 2 trailer seemed attention seeking - I guess you need to know the original for context, just seemed like a crazy person to me (likely the point). Didnt impress me.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reggie's speech
MUA3 DLC reveal
The discussion here, at Era
And this wholesome Roblox video about mental health:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Untitled Beaker Game
Reggie's speech
when I turned it off and went to bed

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
NMH3 was it. Nothing else really caught my attention. Still going through Smash/BotW2 withdrawal.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Fire Emblem Three Houses winning the audience award was an emotional moment for me.

I'm been playing and loving this series since the very first release in the west on the GBA, it was a niche series and FINALLY it is getting the recognition and respect it always deserved.

One of the best games for this generation.

May 5, 2018
From watching the archive, I'd say my favorite moments were Untitled Beaker Game, Reggie's Speech and the acceptance speeches from ZA/UM and Itsuno. I didn't play their games, but their speeches were very genuine.

As far as favorite moment coming from a streamer watchcing the awards, I love this clip of Joe Zieja (Voice of Claude from FE3H) get super happy seeing Fire Emblem take home the strategy award. I changed it to a link to that clip because I tried to put the clip from twitch on here but it gave me his offline stream instead.

supafamiman

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima surprised me with how beautiful it looked. Wasn't on my radar at all.

Another key moment though would be multiplayer game award I found hilarious. All the nominees were shooters except Tetris iirc. It was straight up gun fire for a minute or two while announcing the nominees.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No more heroes was the best reveal, Reggie was the best presenter, and Muppets had the best comedic bit

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Muppets/ Beaker sequence was mvp, easy.

After that, Tsushima, Weird West and FF7R (dat music!!)

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Reggie's speech was the highlight.

I enjoyed the entire show though, and after the last few years I'm at the point where I would watch it even if there were no game reveals. Itsuno and Miyazaki getting up on stage to accept their awards and looking visibly happy about it was so damn awesome. All of the gaming citizen stories were genuinely touching. The live orchestra was fantastic as usual, Ikumi Nakamura was her usual fun self, and a lot of the games I was rooting for ended up winning their categories...it was just a great show! I only wish Outer Wilds had managed to secure a win.

As far as game reveals go, though...Hellblade 2 had the biggest impact by far, even if I'm still pretty conflicted on the idea of continuing Senua's story.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Reggie's speech was fantastic and I loved seeing him speak so highly about indie games.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Untitled Beaker Game was pure genius.

Same with the NMH3 trailer. Suda is a madman lol.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
That segment made me want a stuffed goose plushy so badly.

This segment (and my stepdaughter's love for the game) inspired me to get her a stuffed goose plush for Christmas in addition to her other gifts and add a little extra fun besides:

On Christmas Eve, we're gonna point out to her a mysterious unwrapped box under the tree that showed up on the doorstep for her (since her favorite thing to do in the game was hide in the box in front of the pub), and in the morning we're gonna have the goose's head and neck pop out of the box and look as if it's dragging away the jingle bells we've got hanging up (what with the whole twist with the bell in the game).

I likely never would have thought of it if it wasn't for that sketch. Definitely the highlight of the night for me.