• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
DHRWroY.jpg

Based on the feature film of the same name from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, What We Do in the Shadows is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years. In Staten Island.

After an unexpected visit from their dark lord and leader, "Baron Afanas," the vampires are reminded of what they were initially tasked with upon their arrival in Staten Island over a hundred years ago – total and complete domination of the New World. But what exactly is the best way to go about achieving said domination? Our vérité camera crew follows along as the vampires set out to answer this query.

What We Do in the Shadows airs on:
US: FX, March 27 10pm
Nordics: HBO Nordic, March 28
Spain: HBO España, March 28
Australia: Foxtel, April 2 8:30pm
New Zealand: Sky SoHo, March 28 7:30pm

NYqmN21.jpg

lwo045C.jpg
Z6RfMBS.jpg
btv8XCQ.jpg
c8pmP73.jpg
3rZoOzA.jpg

Matt Berry | Natasia Demetriou | Mark Proksch | Harvey Guillén | Kayvan Novak

4Wh58cy.jpg

Vulture: If You Liked What We Do in the Shadows As a Movie, You'll Love It As a TV Show
Variety: "This show's laughs are closer to chuckles than guffaws — it's well-observed but its ambitions feel more minor than much else in this era of the relentless big swing"
The Guardian: Vampire TV adaptation has bite [4/5]
Rolling Stone: A Hilarious Series Bout That Vampire Life [4/5]
NPR: 'What We Do In The Shadows' Puts The Dead In Deadpan
Washington Post: 'What We Do in the Shadows' finds a little life left in the mockumentary format

E1rVTPL.jpg

New York Times: 'What We Do in the Shadows' Revisits a Tale That Refuses to Die
Vulture: Taika Waititi on 'What We Do in the Shadows' Jumping to TV
NZ Herald: Why Taika Waititi returned to the Shadows

h0FTq8X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm looking forward to this. The movie was awesome, as is everything else with Jermaine Clement.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W. C. Fields finally getting dat work son.

Also this will be great from what ive seen of it so far. Similar production quality to the movies.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are the werewolves in this? They were the best part in the original movie. Wasn't their going to be. A sequel with them?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What streaming service takes FX's shows? Is this gonna be on Hulu or do I have to pay some other company to watch it?

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Mark Prosch is getting more work. I assume this was filmed before the scuba suit incident?

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Very enjoyable episode. Matt Berry is fantastic as usual. The additions they made with the female vampire and the energy vampire work great. Only part of the episode that somewhat dragged for me was the Baron part.

Oct 27, 2017
The movie has officially become my favourite movie of all time in the last two years. I've watched it so many times and I still laugh out loud at certain scenes.

Having said that, is the show for me? I also really love Matt Berry.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
The movie has officially become my favourite movie of all time in the last two years. I've watched it so many times and I still laugh out loud at certain scenes.

Having said that, is the show for me? I also really love Matt Berry.

Yes, the show definitely maintains the humor of the film and like I said in my post they added in a couple things that work superbly. Most reviews have all agreed that one of the best aspect of the show was the addition of the literal Energy Vampire because we all have one in our lives whether currently or in our past.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the show definitely maintains the humor of the film and like I said in my post they added in a couple things that work superbly. Most reviews have all agreed that one of the best aspect of the show was the addition of the literal Energy Vampire because we all have one in our lives whether currently or in our past.

I watched it, loved it. Matt Berry is hilarious, as always, Guillermo is a great touch (Hispanic vampire thing was lol), and yeah the energy vampire was amazing, had my girlfriend dying.

I'm sold!

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Very amusing start. I'm not sure how much mileage they can get out of the premise but hopefully it can stay fresh for at least a season.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hispanic representation among vampires in media got me good.

Did not expect Abe Sapien/Death/Pale Man to show up.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
That was fun. Smart tweaks on the movie's setup. My girlfriend is a huge fan of the movie and loved this. So far so good.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really need to see the movie 'cuz I loved the first episode. I've never seen Flight of the Conchords either, is it similar?

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Oh, think I heard this was coming but completely forgot about it. Enjoyed the film and Wellington Paranormal so will definitely check this out when I get the chance.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Berry has one of the best voices ever, can deliver any line and make it hilarious

It was aiight, pretty much the movie in TV form. I dont know how long they can make this interesting tho. It's a great concept but I can see it wearing thin by end of season so hopefully they get some neat plot ideas in here

The energy vampire is boring too. Hopefully we get some wack Logan Paul-esque vlogger as a vampire contemporary soon to replace him. Like hes a great idea on paper but not that funny once the idea is already expressed

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
W. C. Fields finally getting dat work son.

Also this will be great from what ive seen of it so far. Similar production quality to the movies.

It took me way too long to recognize him. I loved the character, but I think I liked the others more. Mostly because I just really like Matt Berry.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The scenes with the raccoons and the guy going crazy at the zoning board meeting were great.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I lost it when the city council lady came outside to the pile of raccoon skins.

Then she started talking about MS-13 and gang activity... fantastic.