• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Volume 1 of The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus, I had always wanted to collect some of the classic issue of Amazing Spider-Man to fill in the gaps. Been steadily filling them in.

514nKN1DcEL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Buffy Season 6! :)

High school job at Publix. So prob around 2002 or so.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I went out and bought an Xbox 360, a couple games (GRAW) and an extra controller. I didn't make any money then but I was confident I could afford it then I remember seeing the total was like $600 and I was like "..... Oh shit ..."

This was when I got my first job out of college and got a paycheck.

I was only early $27000 year then but I felt RICH

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I was forced to get my first job by my mom the summer after grade 9 so I wasn't really looking forward to buying anything at all as I was miserable I would have to work in the first place.

I got fired after 2 months cause it was a terrible position lol but I got picked up almost immediately by a better place that eventually allowed me to pay for a trip to Australia my senior year of high school.

Rabbit

Feb 24, 2018
Halloween decorations. I always wanted to decorate the house for my favorite holiday and now I can get all the good stuff.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My first paycheck was spent on a PS2, Metal Gear Solid 2, and WWE Smackdown! Shut your Mouth in the summer of 2003.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I remember buying Legend of Dragoon from a week at a summer job when I was 12. That was probably the first real tangible thing I bought with a paycheck. Most of the time I would spend it on arcades and such.

As a grown-up, one of the most exciting things to do was build a PC. I usually have trouble making "large" purchases because buy the time I end up saving the amount I need I start second-guessing everything and doubting if the purchase is worth it. So in order to build the PC I wanted for 3k, I had to have at least 5-6k saved up just feel comfortable making the purchase.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
being able to buy whatever game i wanted. i think the first game i bought was a ps2 medal of honor game.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Excluding any minor jobs I had through college, the first thing I bought when I was a fully functioning adult with my paycheck was a new phone.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I bought myself a nice down jacket from the north face and a pair of merino wool socks, I'm always cold lol. It was nice, I still have them like 7 years later. Spending like $15 on a single pair of socks or like $500+ on a jacket was a big step up from what I was used to until that point and a major QoL upgrade.

Kazoo22

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was in high school and worked at a movie theater. My first check was used to buy a Playstation 2 and Kingdom Hearts.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I was all that excited to buy anything. I subsisted off of peanut butter toast, microwaved popcorn, and $5 pizza/subs. Didn't buy any electronics except an old computer at the scrap/surplus dump.

Even when I got my first full time job, or even my current six-figure one, I pretty much just lived like Iwata shrine guy:

dkush40.jpg

Didn't much change until I met my partner. On the positive side, I was able to pay off my loans and invest for retirement in my 20s.

I still stress out about buying even little things, which is incredibly stupid given how much my time is worth relative to my money.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Summer jobs and during school I mostly spent the money on cds, going out for movies/food, and video games in some order. Its crazy how much I probably spent on cds growing up.

First 'real job' I really wanted to buy a new car.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe one of the first things I did was buying one of the Silver Gamecubes.

wxMak

Oct 27, 2017
A Sony console, my parents only ever bought Nintendo console and games, and even when I saved up money from anything else, they still wouldn't let me buy a PS1 or Ps2.