• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spoilers for RDR1 and RDR2 obviously.

After playing RDR1 and 2, it's painful to see how much Arthur and John go through to give Jack a good life and he still winds up offing Edgar Ross and becoming an outlaw like his dad and uncle.

I'd love a Red Dead game starring Jack, taking place post-WW1 in Mexico or South America, different environments, different wildlife, a completely different kind of environment, where civilization is encroaching, but in an even more brutal way than it had in America, revolutions still happening, and this PTSD-stricken ex-pat trying to stay alive and build something for himself.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm open to whatever but pls no Guarma-like bullshit ever again R*

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The idea of a RDR3 with Jack has always seemed lame as fuck to me. I want cowbots, not the mob.

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The idea of a RDR3 with Jack has always seemed lame as fuck to me. I want cowbots, not the mob.

That's why I'm thinking having him be an outlaw in South America makes the most sense, because it was a chaotic period of development for South America while North America was pretty much developed East to West.

Edit: Think Butch and Sundance

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Early 1900s, 1915-1930ish. Or the Wild West at it's peak, with all new characters. They've done the end of the Wild West 2 times now.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead Revolver 2

Go back to the era of Red Harlow. Show how he lives after the events of the first game and involve his tribe. Also show me what happened to Annie, Buffalo Soldier and Jack Swift.

Gameplay should be arcade like the first game and they need to being back the spaghetti western atmosphere and feeling.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd rather they introduce a new set of characters and an earlier period during the real height of the West. RDR and RDR2 are a completed story. Jack is affected profoundly by those events but the saga of Dutch's gang is over. Trying to continue the story with him seems extremely unnecessary.

Give us a game about a Native American exploring their experience and their tribe's experience with the rapidly changing and chaotic world that the opening of the West introduced. There's so much potential there for various kinds of stories through several periods from immediately after the Civil War to right up to the early 1900s again.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
A game that doesn't feel like everything you do, every action is deliberately slow. I never bothered to finish RDR2 because of that.

Other than that, do whatever.

Oh, and a PC release day and date with the console release would be nice, but that's something that will never happen when "double dipping" is very much a thing.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think the Red Dead "Redemption" arc should be over and a new Red Dead _______ arc should take its place, so that we can keep the western setting, but shift the tone or location or characters however they see fit.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Given how late RDR 1 and 2 were set, I'd love to see something in the Old West's prime. The 1800's are still plenty fertile as a setting for another game I think.

that being said...

RDR3 with Jack as a mobster in Prohibiton era New York.

Complete the saga.
This could also be pretty damn cool. And it'd almost be like bridging the gap between Red Dead and GTA lol

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Make the controls fast and responsive.

Profit.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I want to see a MUCH bigger focus on tighter and more responsive controls for the players character.

I found it quite amazing how bad it was in RDR2 yet the game was so universally praised.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Making the controls smoother would be a terrible idea and completely alienate Rockstar's primary fan base who love their authenticity.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Would it still be Red Dead if it was, say, a modern-ish western? Because that's kinda what I want. Basically a period-piece GTA set in the 70s-era Southwest but with RDR's caliber of writing and controls that don't suck.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly yeah. No Country for Old Men style set in Mid West. Dig deep on racism, cults, and cartels.

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Two good touchstones for modern day or 70s/80s set westerns would be:

No Country for Old Men

lead_720_405.jpg

Hell or High Water

Hell-Or-High-Water.jpg

Justified of course, but it's tonally a bit different from the above

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want Red Dead Redemption 3 to play out a specific way: as a World War I story, starring Jack Marston and his platoon.

It's 1918. Jack Marston wants to clean up his name and lead a better life, the sort of life his father and mother would have wanted him to live. He's given an opportunity to do so, by a wealthy man who's been drafted into the US Army. This man has made Jack an impressive offer - he will transfer to Jack a considerable sum of money and a small spot of land out East, if Jack takes the man's place on the draft (which was, in fact, a thing you could do back then). Jack accepts. I want RDR3 to be all about Jack fighting and surviving through World War 1, chasing that light at the end of the tunnel.

Really, though, I just want a day one PC version so that I don't have to wait years to find out how RDR3 plays with controls that aren't hot garbage.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep asking for a sequel game with Jack, when in that era there are no more cowboys? Not to mention that Jack was kinda boring as a character.

We should get a game set in a time before RDR2, in the hey day of the Wild West.

It can be about the beginnings of Dutch's gang (through a different character) or an entirely new story. But setting a cowboy game in an era where there are no cowboys at all seems kinda silly to me after two games of the age of cowboys dying out.

Id like to play a Mexican gunslinger. I've often thought about a Count of Monte Cristo story in the Wild West.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Red dead redemption 3 should be a prequel that shows the formation of the gang and what went wrong in Blackwater.

RDR4 should be about the life of Jack. That idea about him being a mobster in New York sounds fantastic.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Please, please, PLEASE make it a spaghetti Western. I love over the top stuff like Sergio Leone or Django/Ringo shit, Redemption duo were way too realistic for me. Red Dead Revolver had a perfect setting, art direction and music, I'd love the next game to copy that. I also want the game a little bit cartoonish instead of Uber realistic.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope whatever it is, Rockstar haven't been put off by the response to RDR2's epilogue. After finishing Arthur's story, I was so appreciative of how much effort went into giving us this expansive post game experience where we got to explore more of the world and live through the spoils of Arthur's sacrifice while developing John. Nobody else would have poured the time and resources into that epilogue and I love them for it.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Jack Grows up, marrys the love of his life and then later has a son. His Son grows up an outlaw in the desert and marrys the woman he loves. They then have a daughter who turns out to be a prostitute in Canada. In her brothel she meets Huckleberry Philips and ends up having a baby. They name him Trevor.

Oct 29, 2017
I hope whatever it is, Rockstar haven't been put off by the response to RDR2's epilogue. After finishing Arthur's story, I was so appreciative of how much effort went into giving us this expansive post game experience where we got to explore more of the world and live through the spoils of Arthur's sacrifice while developing John. Nobody else would have poured the time and resources into that epilogue and I love them for it.

YES. I absolutely adored the epilogue abd it makes me sad so many people can't appreciate it

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whole new story and characters. I loved seeing the past of Dutch's gang fleshed out, but I felt some of the writing started to fall off as they tried filling in the holes to connect back to the first game.

Also, no more dying West themes. It's time to take place at the height of the West and go full on spaghetti. RDR1 had a bit of it in Mexico, but RDR2 completely fell off with it.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
they need to give the series a long rest...RDR2 didn't seem to be as universally beloved as the first one and it didn't reach the creative highs of it either...maybe they've done all they could with this and need some time to think of some fresh ideas

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
they need to give the series a long rest...RDR2 didn't seem to be as universally beloved as the first one and it didn't reach the creative highs of it either...maybe they've done all they could with this and need some time to think of some fresh ideas

It's already sold more than the first one in its lifetime by far.