• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just past Donk City myself, but I can already tell I'm gonna want even more Mario after I've seen and done it all.

What would you want in DLC?

Just more levels? Costumes? Characters? Challenges? Something entirely new?

I'd want new levels specifically celebrating Mario past and related characters. Hell, take me back to Yoshi's Island or Rosalina's Galaxy or something.

Maybe worlds so far unassociated with Mario. Dreamland comes to mind.

Or, you know, if you really wanna pander... Greenhill Zone :p

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Throwback Kingdom expansions.

Like Delfino Island or a hodgepodge of Mario 64 levels.

Playable Peach+Tiara would be awesome too.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that they could put more kingdoms like Delfino Island, a Kingdom for DK, Sarasaland for Daisy, Yoshi Island for Yoshi and kingdoms for 3D World and Mario galaxy.

And of course, more costumes, including costumes of characters that aren't from the Mario franchise.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think that they could put more kingdoms like Delfino Island, a Kingdom for DK, Sarasaland for Daisy, Yoshi Island for Yoshi and kingdoms for 3D World and Mario galaxy.

And of course, more costumes, including costumes of characters that aren't from the Mario franchise.

Yes, I want this!

The game even goes as far to recognise Nintendo character amiibo by name!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
More levels, that's about all I want personally.

While the extra levels were mostly tiny in Mario 64 DS, it was still awesome to have additional content for a game I loved so much.

I'm only at the desert level in Odyssey, and I can already tell the game will probably lend itself well to extra level DLC if they chose to go that route.

I might also like to see extra Amiibo costumes announced, like for non-mainstream amiibos. I'd kill for my Metroid and Samus amiibos to give him a Samus outfit and replace Cappy with a Metroid on his head you can throw.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
New character focused stuff with different ways of locomotion would be really cool. I could definitely see us running around as Peach and Tiara

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdoms from the expanded Mario Universe

Donkey Kong Island
Diamond City (WarioWare)
Sarasaland (Daisy, Tatanga and put Captain Syrup here since Luncheon Kingdom makes her home of Kitchen Island redundant to include)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In addition to all this, a Challenge Pack where you take on multiple rooms each themed around a certain mechanic or Capture with twists than even the normal game goes for.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In addition to all this, a Challenge Pack where you take on multiple rooms each themed around a certain mechanic or Capture with twists than even the normal game goes for.

Yeah, something like the Marathons from Super Mario 3D World. It would be great to see this as DLC for Odyssey.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Sunshine expansion w/ Fludd would be awesome. Its would be the closest thing to a Sunshine remake we will ever get.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see DLC Kingdoms based on spin off games. BeanBean Kingdom, Rogueport, Sarassaland, and Jewelery Land would all make cool levels.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just cover every square inch of the world in moons, so you have to literally touch every part of the map to get them all

I'm pretty sure that's what they already did. I'm sitting at 290 of the buggers right now.

In fact, I'd pay for some DLC to take a bunch of the more useless moons OUT of the game.

CarlosX360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
Mario is the perfect game to even do DLC. With oddyssey, you can practically do anything since you can slip into a new costume, item, character, creatcure, or whatnot... You can even make new levels, new bosses, new characters. Shit, Nintendo has the best monetization with Mario.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's what they already did. I'm sitting at 290 of the buggers right now.

In fact, I'd pay for some DLC to take a bunch of the more useless moons OUT of the game.

You can buy an unlimited amount of moons in the shop. Saves a lot of time.

I mostly use Uncle amiibo as it makes each playthrough feel like a quest.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
If they had a Sunshine mode where levels were covered in goo and you got FLUDD to clean it up, I could die happy.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lewd pictures of Peach...but I will settle for her being playable along with a level based on Gusty Garden from Galaxy, assuming it isn't in the game.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I haven't play the game yet, so I do not know anything about it, but based on what I have heard, Isle Delfino would be a good place to start with. That is one of the most realised locations, so going back there would be a treat.

Another potential location that would be good to see would need to be based on one of the tracks in Mario Kart 8. Basically Mario Kart 8 has a very strong sense of place you just want to visit the place sometimes. For this I am going to suggest a disco palace like Electrodrome because my most wanted choice is already in this game in some form (Sweet Sweet Canyon -> Luncheon Kingdom)

Thank you for reading.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Playable Peach. Mario gets kidnapped instead, so you play as her with a different moveset. Levels and missions are tweaked for a new challenge and to adapt to Peach's gameplay. It should be free DLC to avoid further controversey(Peach getting kidnapped has no business happening these days anyway).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Dolphin Kingdom or Sunshine Kingdom - Isle Delfino. New Storyline that's set after Sunshine where residents recognize Mario.

Remade 64 levels in the castle, with different Odyssey-like objectives.

Playable Peach & Tiara.

Expansion of Ruined and Cloud Kingdom (this might be better for an Odyssey 2 though)

Sunshine ending shirt costume, Cosmic Mario costume

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
F.L.U.D.D. and Isle Delfino! Super Mario 64 gets tons of representation with
the Mushroom Kingdom and the SM64 costume
but no love for the best Mario game of all time??? C'mon now, Nintendo! Give your fans what they really want!

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see a Sunshine Kingdom first and foremost. I would also love to see ties back to other old Mario games. Maybe world's themed like various 2D entries with pipe sections styled after that games specific graphics (Mario 3, World, etc.)

And really just anything totally new they can come up with. This game seems like a great vehicle for dlc.

Oct 27, 2017
Just new levels with new more controllable creatures, that's all I need

I actually thought the controllable creatures were the worst part about the game (of a game I'd give as close to a 10/10 as you can get). They added absolutely nothing and, other than Squirty McJetterson in Seaside Kingdom (which was hugely useful because it made travel so much quicker), they were really, really boring.

Just add new kingdoms. Add more to New Donk City, pls thx

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
A few throwback kingdoms and a few brand new kingdoms would feel feasible, although I'd prefer that Mario games remain the way they are upon release, helps them feel a little more "timeless" in my opinion if nothing is added to them.

I'd rather just get a Cpt. Toad sequel and a New Donk City Builder.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about DLC for the game the more I think it's sort of pointless and they should just make a whole new game even if it's not that different. Sort of like Mario Galaxy 2 and how that started off as being Mario Galaxy 1.5