• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a joke thread. I'm new to Xbox one. I bought a One S for somebody as a Christmas gift and wanted to pick up a game or two for them as well. What should I get? They have a PS4, so I need Xbone exclusives recommendations only.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Rare Replay is super cheap and super dope if they like older games.
The newest Forza Horizon is fan freaking tastic. Even if they dont like racing games.
But let's stop messing around, there are Game Pass year long gift cards for 70 bucks. Just do that. It's the only right answer.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assume you mean physical games? And that you don't care about them being on PC.

Forza Horizon 3 or 4
Sunset Overdrive
Halo stuff
Gears 4
Quantum Break
State of Decay series

A lot of the really interesting stuff to me is digital though like Gamepass, Ori, Cuphead, etc.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah get them 6 months of gamepass for $60. I honestly didn't realize it was that cheap when I looked it up.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game Pass for 6 months is genuinely the only answer that makes sense for someone new to Xbox.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is amazing.

As for best games on the system:

Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 4
Halo 5
Rare Replay
Quantum Break

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Sunsunet Overdrive, Cuphead, and Ori & the Blind Forest are some of the best exclusives of the generation on any platform.

Quantum Break is pretty good too.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just get a Gamepass subscription. IMO it's easily the best value in all of video games right now. I own all three platforms and I can't encourage a Gamepass sub enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Ori: a masterclass in metroidvania and art
Cuphead: challenging and great to look at, great coop
Quantum Break: Some really cool design with fun action, love the dash and shotgun
Sunset Overdrive: really good movement and a good mix up from typical shooters
Halo: Great only if your in to a competitive online shooter, story sucks
Forza Horizon: any game you get from the franchise will be great. Insanely fun arcade game.

Game pass is the way to go to start. You'll get to play their big games and go from there.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Don't have a Xbox and only got a PS4 but if I have one, I will probably just get killer instinct, Forza horizon 4, sunset overdrive and maybe try out gears 4. Is lost oddyssey bc to the xbone? If so, I will get that as well.

Edit: oh yah..Ori too

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
well what do they play on ps4 so that we know what kinds of suggestions to make? no sense in buying someone racing game when they dont play racing games....

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Get Game Pass. It's the best use of your money for playing Xbox exclusives.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not a joke thread. I'm new to Xbox one. I bought a One S for somebody as a Christmas gift and wanted to pick up a game or two for them as well. What should I get? They have a PS4, so I need Xbone exclusives recommendations only.

$70 1 year Gamepass on Amazon or something.

Go to Gamepass on the Xbox live marketplace and get the two week trial. Then I think with your Xbox you get a 1 month or 3 month code use that after your trial ends. Then once you use the code use the 1 year code. You'll be good for a long time.

Buy the code now tho.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread has taught me that a surprising number of people incorrectly call it "Gamepass" instead of "Game Pass". Carry on!

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Game Pass codes don't expire, right? Thinking of getting that $70/year deal then saving it until sometime next year.

Oct 28, 2017
Marvel's Spiderman

Fight me.
yn3bet57w3121.png

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
  1. Rare Replay- 30 classic Rare games for $30. Actually you could probably find it cheaper than that now. Heck of a deal.
  2. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition- One of the best fighting games of this generation with nearly 30 fighters, amazing music, awesome online.
  3. Game Pass- Honestly, can't go wrong here. Most of Microsoft's first party games are right here including every Gears of War, Sea of Thieves, Hellblade, Forza Horizon 4 and much more.
  4. Ryse: Son of Rome- Underrated gym with an interesting story and great combat mechanics