• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Pasta is disgusting to me, so I couldn't order any of those. If there was something else, though, it'd be worth it for the unlimited salad and bread, like East Side Mario's. I just got chicken fingers and fries and filled up on salad and bread.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Olive Garden is alright. Not the greatest but not as bad as many here make it out to be. My four year old really wants to go so we may make a trip there next month.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did you leave the airport?

Oh wow, a quip. So unexpected on the internet.

But yep, spent more than a week there, including Rome and Venice.

The funny thing is, people act like sauce and pasta is difficult to replicate and it's really not. I love Italian food and I've eaten it all over but the dishes I tend to gravitate towards really aren't that spectacularly difficult to make. (Pasta in marinara, ravioli, etc.)

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
The one time I ate Olive Garden, I was 12. They put onions in the pizza which grossed me out and I threw up in the breadbasket.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a smart deal on their end because pasta and bread is filling as fuck and most people probably can't stomach more than one bowl.

Armored Ape

Oct 25, 2017
Cambridge Ma
Oh wow, a quip. So unexpected on the internet.

But yep, spent more than a week there, including Rome and Venice.

The funny thing is, people act like sauce and pasta is difficult to replicate and it's really not. I love Italian food and I've eaten it all over but the dishes I tend to gravitate towards really aren't that spectacularly difficult to make. (Pasta in marinara, ravioli, etc.)

And good sushi is easy to find everywhere because it's just raw fish and rice. Come on man... I guess ignorance is cheap at least.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a smart deal on their end because pasta and bread is filling as fuck and most people probably can't stomach more than one bowl.
I complain about the tiny ass steak, but the goddam bread and soup legit had me full once I finished the steak. They still saw fit to charge me 20 bucks though.

OP
OP
BasilZero

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Okay okay fine y'all

Funny how no one corrected me on this despite using it for years lmao

Anyways I am at a Olive Garden

Really busy and I gotta wait in a line with a pager

Is this normal...?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It amazes me people actually believe this.

Yeah, it's a bit odd.

I'm curious where these detractors go for 'real' Italian food because besides Italy I've eaten it in Chicago and various smaller, upscale places and again, what Olive Garden offers doesn't seem off target.

And their soups are damn good, specifically the Zuppa Toscana.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you want people to take you seriously don't use words like "hivemind".

Yeah, because I'm really worried about you and the guy who called me ignorant for liking Olive Garden taking me seriously.

And like it or not, the Olive Garden is trash-tier meme comes off as very much hive-minded. That doesn't mean people can't dislike it but the hyperbole and derision seems quite excessive.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
nothing is truly infinite
378062_283599278349443_152560524786653_812364_1508115776_n.jpeg

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
We go on ocassion for kid deals because it saves money. Typically do kids eat free at chained food places, but most chained places are kind of meh. Because I can cook fairly well it makes me realize the only advantage is saved time when eating out.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I'd go for the endless pasta, but they have a great lunch special where you can get a small sandwich and unlimited soup for like $6.99.

OP
OP
BasilZero

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yes it's normal, people want some breadsticks.

Those breadsticks were legit lmao

Frozen cappuccino is legit.

My wife actually ordered one and she loved it lol

Anyways @OT - it was okay , took a good 20 or so minutes for the food to come in and stuff

Waited 10 min with pager, one of the ladies who took us to a table said she will give us silverware but never did

The waiteress or whatever you call them was new I think cause the way she explained sounded like I would be paying more than what was shown in the menu but I got that sorted out

Lasagna was good with breadsticks. Pettucino alfredo was okay.

The soups were horrible like literally terrible, store can soup was better than this mess

Overall it was somewhat okay experience but I don't think I will be going back there, at least not anytime soon

Last edited:

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it was all literally half the price they charge, then it MIGHT be worth it.. got taken there a week ago and well the prices are nutty.

So, no.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look its not the best but it will do. Sometimes you just want to eat a shit ton of never ending pasta, breadsticks, and salad.

OP
OP
BasilZero

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Look its not the best but it will do. Sometimes you just want to eat a shit ton of never ending pasta, breadsticks, and salad.

I was close to full after the first plate and first soup so...so it really wasnt that much.

Just had the first plate and a smaller 2nd plate - 3rd plate - got it packed up for home but gave it to my wife since she wanted to try out Lasagna since she never had any before and wasnt sure if it was worth buying it.

Her response was that she couldnt believe people were rushing to get to a pager and a seat for this lol.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I was close to full after the first plate and first soup so...so it really wasnt that much.

Just had the first plate and a smaller 2nd plate - 3rd plate - got it packed up for home but gave it to my wife since she wanted to try out Lasagna since she never had any before and wasnt sure if it was worth buying it.

Her response was that she couldnt believe people were rushing to get to a pager and a seat for this lol.

Your wife has never had lasagna before? Get her to a place that serves proper Italian food because well-prepared lasagna is a wonderful thing. It's seriously depressing to think that her first experience with lasagna was at OG.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
They have some perfectly fine food. Some of ya'll clowns act like you work for Michelin. Just eat the fucking bread sticks, drink the cocktails, and shut the fuck up.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think what you don't realize is that Olive Garden is a family restaurant, and if it wasn't, the company wouldn't be around.

For many, there just aren't a lot of places to eat Italian food in their town so you can either make it yourself or eat there.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason to go to Olive Garden is for soup, salad and bread sticks. Cheap AF, chicken gnocchi and Breadsticks.