• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most exited for?

• Game of thrones season 7

Votes: 270 31.8%
  • MCU Thanos ark

Votes: 442 52.1%
  • Star Wars: Episode nine

Votes: 136 16.0%

• Total voters

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Don't care about GoT and I lost the faith after TFA that Disney could make Star Wars films to rival ANH or Empire, so I'm all in on MCU. plus, they've done a good job making great movies over the past decade, so Endgame will end up rising to the hype.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TFA is one of your favorite movies...ever? Really?

Anyways, I'm excited to see Antman expand some Thanos asshole. So The Avengers.
Why is it surprising that it may be one of his favorite movies ever? Do you think a favorite movie has to be some compelling drama of some sort in order to qualify? I don't get it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Why is it surprising that it may be one of his favorite movies ever? Do you think a favorite movie has to be some compelling drama of some sort in order to qualify? I don't get it.

It's weird to me that people act like TFA wasn't massively well-regarded by a lot of people. That movie was popular as hell not only because it was the return of Star Wars but also because people really fucking liked it.

Oct 27, 2017
Episode IX.

I've thought for a long time that we would only be able to truly judge the new trilogy once all 3 of them are out. Episode IX can be a good movie in its own right but also do the previous 2 - particularly TLJ - some favours.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird to me that people act like TFA wasn't massively well-regarded by a lot of people. That movie was popular as hell not only because it was the return of Star Wars but also because people really fucking liked it.
Yeah I agree, but what I'm saying is that it could be The Room and it would still be perfectly fine it to be someone's favorite movie.

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got bored with MCU several years ago.
Episode VII was okay, but VIII made me lose all interest in Star Wars.

I guess that leaves GoT.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Episode IX.

I've thought for a long time that we would only be able to truly judge the new trilogy once all 3 of them are out. Episode IX can be a good movie in its own right but also do the previous 2 - particularly TLJ - some favours.

It's going to be such a tough balancing act...

-have to deal with Leia/Carrie Fisher's absence
-who the hell is in charge of the First Order now?
-does Luke come back as a force ghost?
-Rose and Finn. What's going on there?
-Snoke? Anyone? Snoke?
-Lightsaber from episode VII? What about Maz? What's going on with her?

I'll probably disagree with some things, be happy with others, but in the end, Johnson left behind a pretty big mess to mop up, and I say that as someone who quite likes TLJ.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers Endgame for me. It has nothing to do with Endgame being so close, I felt the same way last year. Marvel has done a great job of getting me invested in the MCU.
After that probably Game of Thrones. I have my doubts the books will ever be finished so it will be nice to get some kind of closure.
Star Wars is last. All of the Disney Star Wars movies have had problems (TFA being way too much of a remake of ANH, Rogue One having a mess of a first act, TLJ being this crazy combination of stuff I like and stuff I don't like at all, and Solo being unnecessary) . JJ Abrams has also had problems coming up with satisfying conclusions to stories in his past projects so I have my doubts about this one as well. My company has rented out a theater for all the Disney Star Wars movies so far (besides Solo) so I'll go see it but I'm just not feeling it. I'm glad Disney is pumping the breaks on Star Wars after Episode 9, I hope they come back with better movies.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I have about the same level of basic, mild interest in all of them—enough that I will see all of them at or soon after release, anyway. I'm probably looking forward to GoT the most, I guess, mostly because my wife loves it so much and I'll enjoy watching it with her.

Star Wars is kind of intriguing, not because I expect it to be amazing or anything, but just because I can't really tell which way they'll go with the story after the way Last Jedi concluded things. (Rey develops into some new kind of Jedi and defeats Kylo Ren, I guess will probably be the broad strokes, so maybe not that intriguing after all. We'll see.)

Squall5042

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars all the way. Got bored with marvel movies after the first two or three? Never watched GOT

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
GoT

Because we know the MCU and the SWU will not really be ending.

GRRM still hasn't finished HIS last book. We probably won't see any GoT sequels.

Meanwhile, Disney DGAF - they'll pump out a new movie every 6 months. Formulaic story + jokes + flavor of the month villian = $$$$$
Nothing truly ends anymore.

GoT will return to TV in some form.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My heart says Endgame, but my mind says Game of Thrones. I'd rather have an ending to a story I've been following since something like 2004 than anything else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing truly ends anymore.

GoT will return to TV in some form.

They will be doing other GoT series, but as far as this particular story goes, that's the end. We're not going to see "the continuing adventures of Dany and Jon" after this season, so it's a perfect jumping-off point unless the prequel series is really good.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
GoT. can't wait to see if they stick the landing. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a way that pisses everyone off

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
They will be doing other GoT series, but as far as this particular story goes, that's the end. We're not going to see "the continuing adventures of Dany and Jon" after this season, so it's a perfect jumping-off point unless the prequel series is really good.

I figured as much. This is along the lines of how I saw it.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
GoT. We know mostly what is going to happen in Endgame. Star Wars doesn't seem much different... Rey is going to defeat Kylo... meh.. GoT though? Who fucking knows what will happen. The good guys could win or lose. Anyone could die. Beyond the first episode or two, all plot armor is gone. Going to be a wild ride.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GoT And Avengers is Day 1 for me.

I'm not even gonna see IX until after I've read some spoilers and decide if its worth my money, otherwise I'll just wait for it to show up on premium cable.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Episode IX without question.

I feel like I already kinda know how Avengers and GoT are gonna end:

People fucking die.

Plus I already know that Spider Man comes back, so....

Plus honestly, I'm not feeling much excitement for those two.

But Episode IX is really a wildcard. What happens with Kylo Ren and Rey? Does Ben get killed for good? That's honestly something I don't think I can predict.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Star Wars Episode IX without question.

I feel like I already kinda know how Avengers and GoT are gonna end:

People fucking die.

Plus I already know that Spider Man comes back, so....

But Episode IX is really a wildcard. What happens with Kylo Ren and Rey? Does Ben get killed for good? That's honestly something I don't think I can predict.

Yeah, it's going to be nuts. No clue how anyone would have handled following up on what Johnson left behind. So many unanswered questions and challenging story decisions. How they handle Leia in particular is a big one for me.

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
GoT. We know mostly what is going to happen in Endgame. Star Wars doesn't seem much different... Rey is going to defeat Kylo... meh.. GoT though? Who fucking knows what will happen. The good guys could win or lose. Anyone could die. Beyond the first episode or two, all plot armor is gone. Going to be a wild ride.
Yup and I think that's why I put it number one. I've heard some pretty solid theories about what will habben in endgame. Season 8 I haven't heard a ducking peep. They can go happy or fuck it the night king killed everyone and owns the throne now

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but be excited about Endgame even though I've kind of burnt out on watching MCU movies, at least in theaters. The problem is we already pretty much know what's going to happen. I saw the snap in Infinity War and it and was just like wow, can't wait for this to be undone in two hours. It's the end of an era but we all know how it will shake out.

Game of Thrones is robbing the book of its conclusion (well George did that to himself) but it is also doing it in a terrible way. If it had maintained its quality throughout I would've been way more excited but, man, some of those scenes in later seasons hurt so much. Just let me watch seasons 1-3 on repeat.

For Star Wars, I liked The Last Jedi but I also think it was a mistake to have multiple directors doing one trilogy. It needed one consistent vision and style. I'm still really interested to see where these characters go. It's the only one of these where I'm actually not that sure where everyone will end up. It's the biggest wildcard which makes it the most interesting and we've also seen the least of it. No trailers, no title, just a poster maybe.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly keep forgetting about GoT because it feels like ages ago. Star Wars kind of lost me after TLJ. So my answer is Avengers.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Still love Star Wars, give two shits about Marvel or GOT.

The MCU is screamingly overrated. I've seen a number of movies and they're basically all forgettable schlock.

I don't remember more than 2 minutes of Iron Man 3 for example. Utterly forgettable movies.

I don't see why people make such a big deal about movies that range from meh to pretty good for the most part.

At least Star Wars earned the praise it got, those were groundbreaking movies. MCU movies never really did anything all that special.

Yeah, nothing at all groundbreaking about successfully bringing the serialized comic format to the big screen over the the span of 10+ years. Interlinking dozens of character's and stories from multiple individual franchises - That's been done to death. /s

Yeah many of the MCU movies are forgettable. The SW movies don't exactly have an amazing track record in terms of quality beyond of the original trilogy.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars but it's all pretty evenly tied since those three are my holy trinity of nerd shit.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super hyped for any of them really but I'll say End Game since GOT has gotten so bad and I just don't really care about Star Wars anymore.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I don't watch game of thrones and I have stopped being invested in Star Wars years ago, Avengers by default.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Most excited for game of thrones. Avengers I don't have to see opening weekend, and I don't care about Star Wars

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't help but be excited about Endgame even though I've kind of burnt out on watching MCU movies, at least in theaters. The problem is we already pretty much know what's going to happen. I saw the snap in Infinity War and it and was just like wow, can't wait for this to be undone in two hours. It's the end of an era but we all know how it will shake out.

Game of Thrones is robbing the book of its conclusion (well George did that to himself) but it is also doing it in a terrible way. If it had maintained its quality throughout I would've been way more excited but, man, some of those scenes in later seasons hurt so much. Just let me watch seasons 1-3 on repeat.

For Star Wars, I liked The Last Jedi but I also think it was a mistake to have multiple directors doing one trilogy. It needed one consistent vision and style. I'm still really interested to see where these characters go. It's the only one of these where I'm actually not that sure where everyone will end up. It's the biggest wildcard which makes it the most interesting and we've also seen the least of it. No trailers, no title, just a poster maybe.

It's fine to have multiple directors, and to let them put their own mark on it. There should have been one clear vision though. They should have had a basic story arc plotted out.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Game of Thrones. The MCU is just a bunch of fun films to me, nothing more. I tend to forget them very quickly, but then I was never into comics anyway. Star Wars? I'm not allowing new films to ruin what I enjoy of the universe.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I'm most excited for Endgame right now, also very excited about the final season of GoT, but not really excited about Star Wars.