• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most exited for?

• Game of thrones season 7

Votes: 270 31.8%
  • MCU Thanos ark

Votes: 442 52.1%
  • Star Wars: Episode nine

Votes: 136 16.0%

• Total voters

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lmao I love the "oh yeah.. Solo" responses.. really puts things into perspective. Fuck that movie was mismanaged from top to bottom

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish I could still get excited for blockbusters. I don't care one bit about any of them. I hate superheroes, I think it's the lamest trend that just won't away. Star Wars is a shadow of its former self for the longest time now, TFA was okay, but it felt like a rehash and TLJ was just kinda bad. Rogue One was a story that didn't need telling and Solo is the same; there's no reason for it to exist.

Still, as lame as superheroes are, Marvel does have a decent formula that they keep succesfully exploiting and I'll admit to liking a few of them (Thor Ragnarok was a lot of fun). I guess they're the Ubisoft of movies: mostly predictable and bland, but sometimes fun.

As for GoT: I was into it for a few seasons but then my interest waned quickly and I never watched another episode since and I have no intention to.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Despite completing dropping the ball and despite JJ and Chris "Martha! Why did you say that name??" Terrio Making the film on a rushed schedule I'm still most excited about Star Wars.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
This has somehow turned into another thread in which I read over half of the responses and verbally say "Yikes." Why can't there be any discussion about Star Wars that's nuanced and understanding? It's always this-or-that, no in-between.

It's okay if you didn't like TLJ or TFA. It's okay if you did. It's also okay to acknowledge that Star Wars is still incredibly popular. It's also okay to acknowledge that Avengers is probably more popular at the moment.

I hope next week's Celebration-related threads aren't shit shows like most of TLJ threads around here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Endgame. Crazy to think I was in eighth grade when the first Iron Man launched.

GoT is cool, but I'm not dying to know how it wraps up

I don't care a single a bit about anything related to the new SW trilogy. TFA was only decent and TLJ was an even mix of gold and garbage.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame, probably because it's right around the corner.

That said, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and it would've been Ep 9 hands down but TLJ kinda killed my enthusiasm for the sequel trilogy.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GoT > Star Wars > Avengers

I don't really get the hype for Avengers since it's fairly obvious they're just going to basically reverse the "snap" and bring back most/all of the heroes. It's just not believable Black Panther and Spider-Man etc. aren't going to be back when you already know they have sequel films in production/development.

So the whole "cliffhanger" has no weight to it.

Marvel doesn't have the balls to keep those characters dead for any extended period. Maybe Tony Stark dies because they don't want to keep paying RDJ $20+ mill/picture but even that will probably be done in an ambiguous way so they can bring him back if they ever want to.

Plus you have the 25 year old comic and I'm sure they'll borrow from that.

GoT and Star Wars are much more unpredictable as to what happens next, but GoT especially.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

I hope he makes his perfect GF in Endgame.

She is everything death is not!

war2018-0429a.jpg

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
This one is sooooo far back, and will not feature any of the characters, that I think this won't be too much of an issue. Like, yeah, we know that some of the major landmarks from the current timeline get created because of this time period but I don't think that'll be enough to feel like you already know the ending.
Ya I mean I guess it's more I know humans survive while in a song of ice and fire I mean most likely humans will survive but shit I don't know for certain. If the characters are dope though, then it should be pretty cool

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
IX >> GoT >>>>>>>> Endgame

Love Star Wars and love the new trilogy. Really curious to see how it will climax.

I'm not to invested anymore in GoT, but i still like it. Usually i wait for the blu ray because it used to be expensive to get the service to see it at the same time as the US. But as that service got cheaper now (10 euro in stead of 25) I'll subscribe for GoT8

Hard to feel hype for Endgame. I like the MCU, but start to feel burned out and I didn't like IW. Can't catch Endgame until a week after release and that should've bothered me but it doesn't. I'll watch it and hope to be pleasently suprised, but IW doesn't give me much confidence.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Right now i'm totally caught up on the Avengers hype machine.
Game of Thrones will be sweet release.

Star Wars i'm curious to see a trailer, otherwise I don't know enough to feel to strongly about it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars ended before I was even born so everything else has just been expanding the universe with varying results. Game of Thrones meanwhile feels a lot like Lost in that I like it, but I'm not as into it as people seem to be. I'm not going to miss it like I miss stuff like Buffy.

So yeah, I'd have to go with Avengers. This is like the finale to an eleven year long season in that I'm as excited to see where it goes from here as I am how this particular part ends.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between GoT and Avengers, Avengers gets the slight edge since we're getting the conclusion in a couple weeks.

I have no interest in starwars...TLJ was a good movie, but I dont really care where the story continues from here.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Definitely Game of Thrones, I need to see the how the story ends. Star Wars lost me after episode 8 and I'am kinda burnt out on superhero media.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I...honestly don't know. I guess it's between GoT and Avengers at the moment. I've seen all the MCU movies but I'm not all that invested in the characters. I think what excites me the most about Avengers is that it's 3 hours long and we've barely seen any footage.

I'm curious to see how they'll end GoT but the show has been hit or miss since moving beyond the books, so I don't know how to feel about it anymore.

I was really pumped for TLJ but it was pretty disappointing and my excitement for that trilogy took a big hit for a while. Maybe after the trailer drops I'll get excited again.

It's kind of a toss up for me right now. Not particularly more excited for any of the three over the others but I'm going to see all of them.

Jul 4, 2018
I'm super excited for all three but in order Star Wars 9, GoT and then Endgame.

I guess a lot of that is I grew up with Star Wars and it's my favourite IP, Game of Thrones is ending forever whereas the MCU will keep in going after Endgame and might even get bigger at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
Game of Thrones AINEC.

Not a Star Wars fan. And Endgame will be a decent film but average fare for an Avengers film and nothing special for me.

Can not wait to see how GoT wraps up its threads.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In addition to probably being the best of the 3, Endgame feels like it's gonna nail the "ending" part better than the others, which is wild considering it's the franchise set to still continue directly from the end of the movie.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm anxious about Endgame. 11 years of build up. There's always that niggling worry that it won't be worth it. But also the potential for some really good highs and well-earned nostalgia and bittersweetness. It's nerve-wracking.

Couldn't give a shit about the other two properties.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Even without watching GoT, just knowing that the final season isn't based on any books and knowing how even great shows can really drop the ball in trying to figure out how to tie up loose ends, find a satisfying place to leave characters, and try to do it all over a satisfying season length story, I think there is a good chance GoT ends up being divisive at best and disappointing at worst.

The MCU is impressive that it got to this point and accomplished what it has by the time they pulled off IW so even if it somehow ends up disappointing, they already earned their victory lap. They stuck the landing on their setup, which is arguably the hardest part, so paying it off doesn't have the same pressure and they can move on to new things afterwards.

Unfortunately, Star Wars has done the worst at build up to what isn't the last Star Wars film, but will likely be the last "saga film" for the time being as well as just an end to this trilogy. I liked TLJ overall but it left me with no hints or anticipation for what is next, and what we do have (a Kylo vs Rey stand off) just doesn't seem exciting when we've seen Rey best Kylo when she was a noob and her powers have only grown since then. Besides the Rebellion seemingly only to consist of a handful of people with no ships now, Abrams will need to do a lot of leg work to build up something worthwhile for the conclusion to be compelling worthy of a finale.

Oct 25, 2017
The showrunners are following the outline GRRM has set for them in his written pages and draft outlines of The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. Not exactly sure that fits the definition of "fanfic".

Characters have changed in the show versus the book, others don't exist at all, some have died already. By definition it cannot be the same as the theoretical books from Martin. Yes, I am aware he gave them his outlines, so I understand the final state of the world should cut pretty close to what he would write. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show, but as a seperate entity from the books.

Honestly George being George, I fully expect him to make changes to Winds and Dream from the outline he gave them when/if he releases them just for spite.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Game of thrones. Star wars and MCU arent gonna get proper endings lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game of Thrones, Avengers..............Star Wars.

Star Wars is just whatever at the moment and Marvel never ends but still excited for the big moments. Game of Thrones takes it for me.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars lost me after that last film. Endgame will probably be good, but GoT ending could be anywhere from good to total shit and thats more interesting.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GoT > Star Wars > Avengers

I don't really get the hype for Avengers since it's fairly obvious they're just going to basically reverse the "snap" and bring back most/all of the heroes. It's just not believable Black Panther and Spider-Man etc. aren't going to be back when you already know they have sequel films in production/development.

So the whole "cliffhanger" has no weight to it.

Marvel doesn't have the balls to keep those characters dead for any extended period. Maybe Tony Stark dies because they don't want to keep paying RDJ $20+ mill/picture but even that will probably be done in an ambiguous way so they can bring him back if they ever want to.

GoT and Star Wars are much more unpredictable as to what happens next, but GoT especially.

Oh, one of them.

It's about the journey.

If knowing the general direction a plot was headed in ruined all narratives forever, nobody would enjoy any story.

And everyone isn't guaranteed to make it out alive (or whole).

And none of us knows for sure how exactly they're going to fix things, or what a "fixed" universe even looks like, heading into a future where Marvel must find a way to explain the sudden appearance of mutants in the MCU.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe this is true but here we are. Over a a year later and i'm not over how much I hated that movie however, I'm sure once I see a trailer for 9 the hope of hype will rise in me once more.

I'm the opposite. TLJ is the best SW movie and I have zero faith in Chris Terrio (BvS, Justice League) or JJ Abrams (completely unable to end a story properly) to follow through on the brilliance of what it set up and not just hit the reset button on everything to deliver more bland mystery box bullshit.

I do think it's kind of funny that TLJ lovers and TLJ haters are both super wary of Episode 9 for oddly similar reasons.

But anyway that's why my answer is Avengers.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
GOT obviously, anything could happen, I've never felt such excitement in my life. I will be sad forever after that.

After that, Endgame will be huge but I'm really eager to see Attack on Titan which is coming this month and should be a million times better than whatever Star Wars X teaser will be.