• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
ZmSZzBR.jpg

Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - Haven't got very far yet. What can I say? It's gorgeous and Kat looks better than ever now that she's on the big screen.

First weekend in February. Super Bowl Weekend. Whatcha Been Playin?

Last edited:

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch, Unravel on PS4 and Hey Pikmin on 3DS.

Steamworld is excellent, Unravel is gorgeous and Pikmin is better than I expected.

About to start Oxenfree on Switch and Metroid Samus Returns.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Celeste. Finished the main story and working through the B-Sides, I'm on the 4th one right now.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5. Finished the 4th palace kinda early, so the next few weeks have been dragging. Got to the infamous beach scene... still think Hanako from P4 was far worse in terms of ugly stereotypes IMO. Looking forward to the next palace/arc, as I quite enjoyed #4.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1 on Vita). About 30% through the inverted castle; shit's gotten pretty difficult. LOL Last time I played/finished this was 20 years ago, and it was the original Japanese one, so I understood very little of it and had to rely on the internet quite a bit. I'm convinced the Vita d-pad is the GOAT, too.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Disgaea 5 Complete - While Super Mario Odyssey was a fantastic game, this game finally validated my Switch purchase. Going on vacation with this in your carry-on makes flights a lot less annoying, and it's just so much easier to bring with you than say a (gaming) laptop. Disgaea 5 is a great time sucker, and while its story isn't as good as the first one (which is par for the course for this series), the gameplay is the best it's ever been. and as any fan of the series will tell you, the story is just the tutorial.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - My personal GOTY 2017, going through it a second time (modded this time). Such an awesome game!

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
Playing through Night in the Woods on Switch and it's a great game! Hate that I skipped over it last year, but also pretty happy to be playing it on the Switch. It's a nice game to curl up with on the couch.

Oct 25, 2017
ZmSZzBR.jpg

Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - Haven't got very far yet. What can say? It's gorgeous and Kat looks better than ever now that she's on the big screen.

First weekend in February. Super Bowl Weekend. Whatcha Been Playin?

Snap! Started and competed the Last Guardian this week (got an emotional response out of me like very few games ever have), so I've turned to Gravity Rush 2. Still playing inside the tutorial area (seems like a much slower intro than the first. Visuals and controls are top notch so far, looking forward to getting to the main city!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Rocket League - Rumble Mode, so my friends and I don't lose our ranks before the end of the season
Fornite - We're kinda getting better and better at this.
Life is Strange - Episodes 1-3 were a snozefest. However, Ep. 4 blow me away.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4

installed/playing:
Persona 5 - Love it! ~55hrs in and taking my time. I don't ever want it to end.
Skyrim - This is only my secondary playthrough. Originally played back in early 2012. Haven't got far as I've only started. I never did play the DLCs so I can't wait to play them.
Bloodborne - Third playthrough. Just load it up when I feel like it.
Overwatch - I like to mess about in this now and then but prefer it on PC.

hope to buy/start soon:
GT Sport - Looks great and I need a racing game for PS4
Metal Gear Solid V - played a bit of it back in 2015 on Xbox One

PC

installed/playing:
Undertale - Bought a while back but couldn't get into it so refunded it. Bought it again and quite enjoying it now!
Rocket League - Almost at 200hrs played! Can't get enough of it.
Diablo 3 - Will be uninstalling at the end of the season. I'm done with it.
Destiny 2 - Done until the next expansion drops. Not interested in doing pvp stuff or raid.
Fifa 18
Project Cars 2
Overwatch

hope to buy/start soon:
Darkest Dungeon - originally bought on PS4 and couldn't get into it. I want to give it another shot though.
The Division - Played it a while back but got bored. Never got to lvl 30 :/ but I've heard it has improved a lot so I'll give another try.
World of Warcraft - Gave up on FFXIV, Eve, and ESO. Gonna get back into this soon.
Hyper Light Drifter
Cuphead
Ghost Recon Wildlands
SAO: Fatal Bullet

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna work on Dying Light this weekend with my friend on Steam. Hope we finish soon, we started in July.

Also wanting to play some more PS4, haven't touched it in a while. Bloodborne, KH or LiS.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-pubg
- dbfighterz
-snipperclips
-furies

Furies is awesome co op. Surprised it's not getting enough attention.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Monster Hunter World, Valkyria Chronicles, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (replay), Tales from the Borderlands (replay), Super Mario Galaxy 2 and playing as Aegislash in Pokken Tournament.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
MHW
Last Guardian

Shadow remake on Tuesday

Bayo in a couple weeks

Kirby in March

God of War in April

and then i'm going to die of a heart attack after the second post-credits scene in Avengers in May.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite lol

Not even kidding... taking a break for a bit from Dragon Ball FighterZ

CIV6, PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS, and Fortnite

A.C. Slater

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished AC: Origins on Sunday. I'm still playing Gears 4 Horde sporadically. Will start the Evil Within 2 tomorrow.

daiquiri

Jan 24, 2018
Just started Nioh. Ranged combat is a nice touch. And the Kusarigama isn't getting old

Deleted member 11522

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls 2 SotFS,finished it some minutes ago,at least the main game.Not sure if i want to tackle the dlc or continue playing Warhammer 2 or try Bloodborne again.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Lately, just Life Is Strange (XBO). Finished it, cleaning up achievements now. Its fantastic.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
A bit of Diablo III. I sold my original copy and bought the PC version to play Reaper of Souls which I missed. Just started a new campaign.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
43h played of Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I'm still running around in the areas around Driftwood. :)

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Rocket League
Subnautica

Trying to decide what to start between Prey and Divinity OS. Vacation starts today so I'm ready to knock out some backlog.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
I've been mostly just bouncing around between these the last few weeks. LOTRO is the one i've put in the most time (20 hrs).

PC:

Lord of the Rings Online - Played it years ago, but never really got going in this before.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - I just passed the 500hr mark. With Promods and other mods installed, it expands the game dramatically.
Overwatch - Got this a few months back and mostly just play as Mercy. I like it, but can take over 5 mins to find matches sometimes.
Day of Defeat
- I'm amazed there are still servers going! Just played 16 player match on Caen and it was so much fun.
Warhammer:End Times - Vermintide - Really enjoying this. I didn't really know what to expect, but this is fast becoming one of my favorite coop games.

PS4:

Rogue Galaxy - I'm 3 hrs and its...good. Story is kind of different but i like the combat.
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - I mostly play this when i have nothing else to play. Only thing i havent done is beat it on hard with Lost.
Battlefield 1 - I've mostly been Medic and really like it so far. Although after last update, been having connection problems :(

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
SI_WiiU_NewSuperMarioBrosU_image1600w.jpg

Recently beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 (it was one of the best Mario games I've beaten) and this rhythmic puzzle game called Entwined on the PS4, short and pretty fun with a wonderful soundtrack. Now I am finishing up the last few levels in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U - another great addition to the 2D Mario titles, even though some of it is starting to feel very similar to previous 2D titles.

fauxcalin

Dec 20, 2017
Been going at Celeste pretty hard this week and I'm half way thru chapter 5, this game has made me realize how many games I just drop and never finish so I think after this one I'll be playing some End is Nigh and SMB which I really likE but the artstyles are hard to go back to after being spoiled by Celeste's visuals

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prey is the only game I'm actively playing right now.
Didn't really like at the start, but I'm having much more fun now. Hopefully I can finish the game this weekend.

I spend most of my neuromods, of which I crafted a ton of, on Engineer and also a bit on secruity. I also got max hacking and necropsy.
Resource Management isn't a big deal, since I can kill most basic enemies with a bit of glue and a wrench, which means I can save my ammunition for the stronger enemies.
I started on hard, but that wasn't too bad so I switched to nightmare after a few hours.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Celeste: Just finished the story last night, absolutely love this game. This is easily a Top 10 GOTY contender for me.

Rocket League: Finally reached my Platinum reward rank, boy was that a grind. I wish you didn't need so many wins at the higher ranks to get your rewards, ended up falling out of Platinum twice during this run.

Fortnite Battle Royale: Loving this game more and more, blew this off for so long because I figured it was just a lazy ripoff of PUBG, but I was so wrong. Purchased the Battle Pass as well, definitely worth it if you play the game a lot.

Monster Hunter: World: I think this game is finally clicking with me, certainly helps the most to find a weapon you really like using, and playing with friends for not only the companionship, but also learning stuff from each other.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I think I'm going to spend the weekend playing CoD WWII's campaign. It's been a lot of fun so far and I'd like to beat it.

OP
OP
Strike

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Snap! Started and competed the Last Guardian this week (got an emotional response out of me like very few games ever have), so I've turned to Gravity Rush 2. Still playing inside the tutorial area (seems like a much slower intro than the first. Visuals and controls are top notch so far, looking forward to getting to the main city!
Funny enough, TLG was also the last game I finished. You have good taste. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I have continued to play Nioh. I love it. It has made me think, though, that I want to buy Dark Souls in May (which I've previously beaten) but I really don't know if I will be able to go back to a combat system that is definitely slower.

Edit: I have also continued to play The Evil Within 2. Serviceable, but I still prefer the first game. I'm on chapter 4.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on that Witcher 3 grind since buying it in October. I'm mopping up side stuff now and trying to decide what to do once I'm done. Part of me wants to start over on the highest difficulty for the platinum, and a part of me is screaming in terror at the mere thought of playing that much more of this game.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: My favourite game I've played in a while, beautiful set pieces etc. Got 50% through on my first sitting and now 60% on my second sitting. So much better than the 1st.

Monster Hunter World: Only just started, but really fun and I can see the Monster Hunter appeal

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I got to the credits on Mario Odyssey on a new save file while trying to get as many moons and purple coins in a kingdom without the hint toad. Wasn't really successfuly and decided to just go to the credits last night. Still fun the second time but getting moon still feels like a chore. Ended with
moons at credit though.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up Lost Sphear over the weekend. I enjoyed it--pretty typical old school jrpg but it did remind me of the 90's final fantasy games.

Started up Okami on PS4 (played once before on ps2) and the feels/nostalgia are rushing back in. What a classic game. 2018 is going start out as a throwback year with Shadow of the Colossus/Secret of Mana coming up.