• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
dNze6kj.jpg

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - Just completed Act 2.

Anthem is out this week. Whatcha been playing?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Finishing my favorite game of the year so far:

fistofthenorthstar.gif

I am just completing the bounty and some of the mini-games before moving up with either Hollow Knight or Ni No Kuni II.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I recently finished the Resident Evil 1 Remake.

Currently devoting most my gaming time to Final Fantasy IX.

Also playing a little Tetris 99 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the side.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Well, I dropped 60 on Anthem so I guess I gotta beat it lol gonna start tonight

Have fun with Spider-man OP, it's really fun.

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Finished all 8 stories of Octopath Traveler, I'll leave the post-game for later but I've had an amazing time with this game.

I also finished Parascientific Escape ~ Gear Detective, let's call it Zero Escape lite. It's basically a 5 hour VN with escape room puzzles with a story about a detective with chronokinetic powers who finds out that there are others with the same powers that want to kill a CEO from a weapon manufacturer. It has a couple of sloppy spelling errors and the writing is nothing particularly interesting but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Today I've started playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered and I'm already addicted.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Ape Escape on PS1.

I never played it on release, but it really does hold up!, what an inventive charming little adventure with an amazing soundtrack.

I'm tracking down all the remaining monkeys before I move on to the sequel on PS2.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Far Cry New Dawn earlier this week and have been playing Metro Exodus and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy since. Not to far in Metro Exodus and about 2/3 of the way thru Jedi Academy according to walk through's.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami but I don't think I'm going to stick with it. I like the story but I don't find anything else about it interesting.

Also tried Trials Rising, which I liked but getting enough trophies to keep unlocking new courses was too difficult for me. I'm obviously not very good at it, but it seems like you have to get a lot of gold medals to keep going.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-kai Watch 3 and Etrian Odyssey Nexus for 3DS.

Man I'm tired of Etrian Odyssey games but there's not much else to play on handhelds these days so I'm stuck with this one. Why the hell every Etrian sequel look exactly like each other? Why is there nothing but goddamn leaves in every labyrinth? Why do I have to grind for every new recruit and inn's cost?

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Pretty wide range:
Dragon Quest XI- About 50 hours in. Just a warm JRPG blanket, great story too.
Resident Evil 2 Remake- Wrapping up Leon B. Easily a GOTY contender.
MGS1- PS1 Classic on Vita. Just had the need to play through the series again. Just beat Grey Fox and met Otacon.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
FFIX switch. But I've been struggling to get into anything lately. It's all been uninteresting. Maybe I need a break.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Nintendo Switch last week, so I have been playing a mix of Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Mario Kart 8, Hollow Knight, Undertale, Diablo 3, Into the breach and Stardew Valley.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Exodus -Enjoyable but the gunplay feels off.
Jumpforce- Oh boy...
Anthem-Surprisingly good.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Smash Bros. Ultimate, mostly just random online matches
Kingdom Hearts 3, about to do the Big Hero 6 world
Will be playing Kid Icarus Uprising in a moment, want to play through it but not sure if I should make an entirely new save or just redo each chapter from my original save.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Got this with $2 Game Pass and almost done with the story and all the collectibles. I figured I might as well 100% it since I have GP for two months. I'm interested in the DLCs, but maybe I'll get a complete edition when it goes on sale.

Next maybe Resident Evil 2 either Hardcore or Claire A/Leon B because I'm so addicted to this game.

After that maybe Crackdown 3, although I don't feel like I'll have enough interest to finish it.

SOTTR_Review_ScreenShot003_ONLINE_1536569190-1024x576.jpg

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty wide range:
Dragon Quest XI- About 50 hours in. Just a warm JRPG blanket, great story too.
Resident Evil 2 Remake- Wrapping up Leon B. Easily a GOTY contender.
MGS1- PS1 Classic on Vita. Just had the need to play through the series again. Just beat Grey Fox and met Otacon.

I'm also playing DQXI, about 60 hours in. Probably the most fun I've had with a JRPG in quite some time.

Beyond that it's Tetris-99, Rocket League and Enter the Gungeon to break up the grind of DQ

delume

Oct 27, 2017
Newest of all Zealands
Been playing Smash Ultimate with my kids. This is the first Smash game for me and what a blast! Can't believe I ignored this series till now.

Also started Metro Exodus and, while still on the early game, I'm loving the atmosphere and the sense of weight and grounding in my actions. Good old-fashioned single-player, no loot/xp grind, ignoring trophies, late night headphones on bliss.

Oct 31, 2017
Played my first game Darkest Dungeon the other day. Probably made a mistake trying to use a controller since in PC all the button prompts are for PS4 and the UI is not very clear. Spent most of the time trying out how to do basic stuff.

Also: Everspace, Steamworld Dig 2, Dead Cells

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So far this year:

Flinthook (2017)
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (2016)
Far Cry 4 (2014)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage (2017)
Dishonored (2012)

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Anthem-having a blast playing with a buddy.

Dead Cells--hadn't played the past update, loved that they made the default difficulty way easier. Finally completed a run and did a few more to see all the biomes and get all the runes.

Tetris 99--haven't done better than 7th, but it's fun.

Apex Legends--think I'm close to bailing as my suckiness is getting more noticeable as the skill floor rises. At least got semi-carried to 3 wins earlier.

NSMBU Deluxe-still chipping away at it and mostly regretting re-buying it after having it on the Wii U.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Still playing RDR2 and Fist of the North star.. And NSMBUD (I got that right?) with my daughter.
And I have played quite a bit of SMB2 since it hit the NES Online thing.

Considering playing some two point hospital or surviving mars tomorrow.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Alien Isolation and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I've had Alien Isolation in my backlog for sometime and finally decided to give it a proper go. I'm really enjoying it for the most part. The alien is a bit of a bother at some points in the game. I don't like how it knows exactly where I am if I happen to set off a security camera and it seems to linger around at crucial story bits but overall It's quite good and despite dying repeatedly, I find my self trying again and again.

Link to the Past is one of my favorites and I try to play it every few years or so. I'm playing it via SNES classic with a wireless SN30 pro. I really like the controller but the buttons click a bit too much for me so I'm thinking about swapping out the guts of an actual snes controller with what the 8bitdo one comes with.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
For the last two weekends its been nothing but Nioh (PS4). I just surpassed level 100 for the first time and am closing to beating the game for the first time. I'm gonna try to beat it tonight.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Far Cry New Dawn - I'm about 75% done the main story and side quests, not counting all the collectible fluff.

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Liked previous two games, like new additions to characters' story and new gameplay mechanics. Not that far into the game but it's decent enough to hold its own in the series. Only downside are the graphics look kinda blurry compared to previous games.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Getting near the end of an old favorite, Final Fantasy 9. Replayed Night in the Woods and finished Tales of Vesperia so far this year.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am addicted to FFXIV somehow. God I can't wait until it's June so that I can get to the expansions, which is apparently where the meat of the game is.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Currently making my way thru Metro Exodus. Having a lot of fun with that, I also got FarCry New Dawn but I may return it before finishing tbh its just not that good.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to focus on just 2 games at a time to clear backlog a bit (and not buying new ones at the moment):
Finished Resident Evil HD Remake for the first time in my life, because I loved what I saw in Resident Evil 2 Remake footage and I want to play it as soon as possible. I figured that I will play the first one first. It was really fun all in all, I loved the puzzles, figuring out what to do next and the atmosphere. I did not like the clunkiness of the controls, the cameras and some of the mechanics, but these are changed in RE2 so I am happy to play it soon.

Got back to Assassin's Creed Odyssey after dropping it twice out of frustration and it being very bland. Now, I'm 16 hours in and either something clicked or I adjusted to the mindless gameplay where I just do things and other things happen without putting too much thought in it. I'm picking up colorful armor pieces and weapons left and right and Kassandra is charismatic (I think) so I will stick with it for now and try to finish main quest line at least. It's a fine game for when I'm tired after a long day at work.

Astro Bot - 1 world and 1 boss fight left. This game is wonderful. It plays really good, it has perfect amount of challenge to not feel trivial but also not frustrating to me. Great graphics, music and creative levels. I almost don't want to finish it, but I will still have challenge levels left. This would have probably been near my GOTY last year if I finished it earlier.

I've also tried Metro 2033 Redux briefly before going back to AC - another game that I started playing because I never did and new part just came out. I don't know if I will keep playing it though. It has great atmosphere, but not much else that I'm enjoying. So far I've been going through corridors and listening to others without responding (silent protagonist which I hate in games) and little gameplay opportunities that were given to me from time to time were not satisfying at all. I'm playing on Spartan so it's possible that playing stealthily makes this game a lot better, but I don't like stealth games.

I might just go to RE2 or Ace Combat 7 instead.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
For Honor and it is surprisingly good. I am already in the Vikings campaign and fighting feels really good. Those block mechanics are really unique, never played a game similar to this. I want to stick around after the campaign and try some multiplayer.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Divinity Original Sin 2 - 3rd time getting into a modern cRPG might just be charm. Bought DoS and while I really liked the battle system I found the characters/story/quests to be a drag. Tried PoE and it was the opposite. Story, presentation etc... were all great but I HATED the combat, it just wasn't fun no matter the difficulty setting. Happy to report I'm LOVING everything about Dos2 so far with no complaints.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Trying to finish up my Persona 5 platinum trophy. Finished my second playthough last night, ending felt just as special as the first time. Now to find a save with Mishima's text message for that damned missing book/hangout spot.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Finished REmake 2 so I just moved on to Everybody's Golf. About 5 hours into the campaign. It is wayyyyyy too easy. I come in first in every tourney by 10+ strokes.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Currently at 31h in Anthem, though 10h of that was last weekend with basic access.

Really enjoying it and am now very close to lvl30 and just unlocked a mission that smells/screams final mission.

Thinking of getting to lvl 30, and try to get some Masterworks before going into the story conclusion.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Started battlefront 2 campaign yesterday, finished it tonight.
Ehhhh.

It was ok. I obviously loved all the visuals and classic SW tunes, but story is meh.

Just started "Resurrection". Not sure if it adds anything worthwhile.