• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
751JueO.jpg

God of War (PS4) - Defeated all the Valkyries and got the platinum. Best in the series since God of War II.

8JjIRZj.jpg

Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - Started a few days ago. Been doing a few scenes at a time. You could immediately see the improvement in production values from previous entries upon booting it up and the writing is better, but with the increase in graphical fidelity you can also notice how stiff the models are, even the human ones. Story isn't quite grabbing me yet either, but I'm going to seeing it through and then go back to check out all the possibilities.

Relatively slow week for releases as only Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition are out. Whatcha been playing?

Last edited:

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Bought tales of versperia and bayonetta 1&2 on switch. Playing bayo 2 right now and will play versperia in a minute

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Starcraft 2: bought Alarak Announcer Pack. What can I say? I need more Q in my life. Also, need to get better as Zerg.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC): finishing the main story. Still love Kassandra. That said, going to take a break before I tackle the DLC.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Spirit board is addicting.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Divinity original sin 2 definitive edition, i'm at the beginning of chapter 2 and for now is probably my pc goty.

Gears of war 4, almost finished the 4th act, kinda of a slog area this one.

Uncharted lost legacy, basically at the beginning after the slow start.

Oct 27, 2017
AC: Odyssey. Love the game—still have a ton of the map to explore. Hopefully I can finish it up in time for RE2 and KH3

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Detroit: Become Human. I really liked it in the end despite being a bit of a drag in the middle section.

Trying to finish Soma. I really liked it in the beginning, but then also started to feel a bit bored in the middle. I hope that the ending will pick up similarly to Detroit.

Apart from that I'm trying to decide on which driving game to play: give Driveclub one more chance, get back to GT Sport or buy The Crew 2 on sale (I'm trying to resist the last one - beta was terrible and I'm just thinking about it because I loved Forza Horizon so much).

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
SpiderMan - I absolutely love this game so much, really enjoying it
God of War - trying to finish all the side quests
Rainbow Six Siege - playing casually with friends
Age of Mythology - It's as good as I remembered
Destiny 2 - just started last night. The story is intriguing

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Recently learned that Portia is going 1.0 on the 15th and the price will bump from $20 to $30. It put the fire underneath me to try the demo on the Steam page. I'm glad I did 'cause man is this game charming as heck. Fun art direction and catchy soundtrack with a myriad of crafting systems under the hood. Reminds me a lot of Rune Factory.

Also learned that Klei's latest Hot Lava is dropping out of beta (as of yesterday). It's a first-person parkour runner set in late 80's/early 90's where you play a cartoon action figure zipping around in everyday environments (think Toy Story). I knew this was legit before I even started playing, based on the 5 min. intro cinematic. JHC these guys have presentation on lock-down.

DUSK continues to be my quick action quick fix. Still can't get over how fast & fluid this one feels.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Playing KH2FM and Celeste. first time playing KH2 in over 10 years. really getting me hyped for KH3. Celeste is good, might be more frustrating than I'd prefer though but i wont cave in and use assist mode yet, my biggest issue has been remembering that this game doesn't have a double jump.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest for the first time while watching AGDQ. I've enjoyed Awakening and Shadows of Valentia a lot but my god is this game bad. So much of the stuff from Awakening thrown in without it making sense and then multiplying it by a creepy factor. Oh your husband just got out of the bath, blow on the screen to wake him up. Invite a friend up to your room, here's a display that lets you scroll to only see their face and chest while they blush (apparently more weird petting shit that was thankfully cut from US version). Plus an insane plot of my dad wouldn't do that while cutting to dad laughing maniaclly saying he would do that. I regret not just getting the samurai/ninja version.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Fooling around in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Street Fighter V when the mood hits me. I'll jump back into my Mega Man X Legacy Collection playthrough. I've already beaten X1 and X2. X3 is next.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Divinity: Original Sin II and Red Dead Redemption 2. Sometimes South Park: The Stick of Truth if there's some time left in the day.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I'm still just getting started at God of War, but I'm probably 10 hours in now. I'm kind of just mainlining the story and not doing much side stuff/exploration. Without spoiling anything, will I be able to go back and do all that stuff after I beat the game, if I feel so inclined? I started that and Hollow Knight right around the same time, so I am kind of just bouncing back and forth between the two. I really kind of suck at Hollow Knight, but I really like it. I just got to the King's Station...so I have no clue how far in the game that puts me. I kind of thought Hollow Knight would be my new podcast game, but unfortunately the sound design is too critical to the experience, (need to hear that humming)...so I'm trying to figure out what my "podcast game" is going to be. I tried out Steep for like 30 minutes last night...and yeah, I don't think that will be it, so I'm tempted to either jump back into Forza Horizon 4 or am open to recommendations...I have Game Pass, PS+ and GWG, so anything there I should be trying out?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mostly games for reviews. But I have been enjoying the hell out of The Hunter Call of the Wild game as well as some Sims 4 of all things lol

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Started and finished Demetrios: The BIG Cynical Adventure and Saturday Morning RPG on Switch this week. Demetrios was a pretty fun point-and-click game which is perfect for Switch, and Saturday Morning RPG is a little short, but I like the different episodes and I was surprised at how much fun I had with it. Only gripe was that scratching off the power-up's for every battle got annoying after about an hour. Felt like I was going to destroy my stick.

Waiting for Tales of Vesperia to unlock on the Switch, and I'm going to be playing that until Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Fortnite: I just can't seem to stop playing this game
Red Dead Online: Riding with friends it's always fun and we always found some hilarious thing to do
Yakuza 6: I haven't been able to play as much as I want, but I am around Chapter 6 I think.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda Breath of the Wild on switch. I am hating so much of the game but cant stop playing

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World: Started playing it this week. It's still really overwhelming with everything they throw at you, but I got to the second area last night and the combat really clicked for me.

Nier Automata: Beat route B a few days ago. I liked the first playthrough better but the
different perspective
was neat. Heard good things about route C so I'm gonna do that this weekend.

Destiny 2: Got the Jotunn fusion rifle last night while doing the new forge, and that thing is a beast.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Since getting a Switch like three weeks ago:

Mario Kart 8 - Beautiful and glorious. Best kart racer I've played and my favourite game on the platform right now.

Furi - Not perfect (hated the final boss for one) and not as hard as I expected for the most part, but still a fun time. Parry mechanic is extremely satisfying even though it's really just a QTE.

Oxenfree - Liked this a lot and double-dipped for PC after I finished. Spent hours thinking about it afterwards. Anticipating the devs' future projects now.

Super Mario Odyssey - One wondrous ass video game. Despite getting a bit tired of the collect-a-thon stuff towards the end it's still one of my favourites of this gen.

Breath of the Wild (not finished) - My first Zelda game. Not really that far in but it's one of the best open-world games I've played already.

A Normal Lost Phone - Went into this blind, so was fairly surprised at the subject matter. Played the whole thing on the train and apart from one pretty questionable moment I'm glad I experienced it. Was also extremely cool playing on Switch considering you can slip the joycons off and play it in portrait mode like it's an actual phone.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - I'll be honest, I just can't get into this. The mechanics just don't do much for me compared to more traditional fighters, and having to unlock like 90% of a 70+ character roster is insanity. Especially when they beat my ass half the time and I have to try and unlock them yet again. I was fairly excited to play it but I feel like I'm trying to force myself to like it whenever I do.

Splatoon 2 - Campaign is OK, although aiming with the joycon sticks is an absolute nightmare for certain weapons and I should probably just start using motion controls. Love the multiplayer though, that alone is worth the price I paid. I also bought the Marina Amiibo so I guess I'm invested.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so already in 2019 i've beat two games, which is pretty good for me.

- finished smash WoL 100% on december 30th. amazing experience, great way to experience the game's massive amount of content. i'll go back and do everyone's classic mode later.
- beat crash bandicoot 1 from the trilogy on january 7th, got all 27 gems (102%). honestly, i started it thinking man this game is garbage but i had a lot of fun collecting all the gems. there's a lot of bad, unfair and frustrating level design in there but it kinda feels nice to do what i never did when i was a kid (i just beat the game back then).
- finished gris yesterday, and did all the remaining challenges today. amazing game, and the challenges are pretty fun to do.

i hope i continue playing games this way throughout the year (getting 100% or close to it), i have so many games from last year that i just got to the credits and then said i'll come back to them later and never did.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Currently playing
1. Metal Gear Solid 3 snake eater HD (PS3) - Operation Snake Eater - Chyornyj Prud - 4 Hours
2. Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) - Area 6: Access Ark - 6 Hours
3. The Vagrant (Steam/PC) - Deep Forest - 4 Hours

Recently completed (As of December 2018)
-Metal Gear Solid (PS3)
-Without Within 2 (PC)
-Final Fantasy IV (DS)
-Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD (PS3)

Next To Play
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD (PS3)
-New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
-World End Economica episode 1 (Steam/PC)
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
Finished DMC3 for the first time last night! That's me all caught up before the GOTY dmcv in March, now I'm still playing through Hollow knight and think I'll start either Spyro 1 or Transistor next, can't decide which one though 🤷‍♀️

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't be like me and spend 130 hours on the game despite feeling as you described. So many games out there to enjoy.
Haha. I am still really enjoying playing it, but there is just so much that isnt explained and so many "are you serious moments". So while I have more negatives about the game I am still somehow enjoying it

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Started KH: Chain of Memories HD.
Quickly stopped KH: Chain of Memories HD and watched a Youtube summary instead.

Still picking at WoL in Smash.
Still picking at RDR2's long story.
Still picking at getting the plats in Spyro collection.

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
Still just Black Ops 4 and Battlefield V for me. Mainly Black Ops though. Properly addicted to the multiplayer again. First shooters I've played online in years.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
After DQ11 I started and stopped Trails of Cold Steel and Tokyo Xanadu. I think I'm done with the whole game built around school links with occasional dungeon crawling unless it's Persona.

I've settled into playing Vampyr and it's a mixed bag. The setting, characters, and lore are great but the combat is a bit janky and character models go from looking decent to not so decent. I'll definitely finish this game though.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I repurchased a switch recently, so I've been playing Smash and Mario Kart. They're fun, but a little stale after a while.

I wish I had people to play Smash with. I play with friends sometimes but they're really bad and it's just boring after a while. Same kind of scenario with Mario Kart. I play them with friends and colleagues but it's never any challenge.

But, I've been playing SFV also, which is good fun. Tonight I'm having fifteen people over to my house to play some locals. A few guys are bringing setups and foldup chairs. Should be good fun.

Nov 14, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 - On chapter 6, incredible game so far (probably close to finishing it).
Detroit Become Human - still in the beginning.
Spyro 1 remastered

Deleted member 34711

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Ninja Gaiden Black - I button mashed my way through normal. Hard isn't letting me do that anymore :[

NAMCO Museum - Galaga '88 is where it's at.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly games for reviews. But I have been enjoying the hell out of The Hunter Call of the Wild game as well as some Sims 4 of all things lol

Sims 4 is beast.

Feels like it started out on the wrong foot with missing features. And in spite of the fact that EA has been making good with free updates over the years, the "under-cooked" moniker stuck.

The vanilla Sims 4 experience today is absolutely fab.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AC: Odyssey.
Recore on Xbox through Game Pass.
Smash.

Some other games too but these are the main three right now. Try to get some of these finished before KH3.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PS1) - Played about 5-6 hours and this hasn't grabbed me. I hope it picks up.
Trackmania (Wii) - Good fun, plenty of 'races' to work my way through. About 70% complete.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - Right at the end of the game, just need to finish the final mission. This is the game that made me get a PSVR and it has been totally worth it. Just a big smile on my face as I went through every level due to how inventive, charming and jaw dropping.
  • Mega Man 11 - Also in the final area in this, should be able to finish it up today. I've played many Mega Man games over the years but this will be the first I actually finish.
  • Rainbow 6 Siege - My go to multiplayer game.

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
Rotating between Smash and Splatoon 2 right now. Need to finish up Shining Renosence but I just keep going back to Smash... up to 30 hrs in World of Light mode now, pretty sure I'm coming to the end.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI mostly. I'm almost 40 hours in and it's only getting better. I have no idea how much farther I have to go but
Mordegon just destroyed the World Tree and I'm headed to Last Bastion.
It seems like maybe I'm only halfway through the story? I really wish the music was better. Even with the orchestral mod it...grates.

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
Dragon Quest XI mostly. I'm almost 40 hours in and it's only getting better. I have no idea how much farther I have to go but
It seems like maybe I'm only halfway through the story? I really wish the music was better. Even with the orchestral mod it...grates.
I'm at the same bit, feels like its the endgame coming up but knowing dragon quest its probably just halfway haha

Deleted member 17630

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOZ: A Link to the Past - the biggest gap in my gaming history and it's finally time I finish this gem. Plus the VC on the N2DS XL is excellent.

I'm still chipping away on Spyro Reignited and started Jurassic World Evolution on the XB1X. Also still playing the evergreen games: Rocket League, CoD BO4, and BFV.

Next up is Kingdom Hearts 3. I still cannot believe it's finally done.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sims 4 is beast.

Feels like it started out on the wrong foot with missing features. And in spite of the fact that EA has been making good with free updates over the years, the "under-cooked" moniker stuck.

The vanilla Sims 4 experience today is absolutely fab.
I agree completely. I have been having a damned blast with it.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
When you think you have beaten the game that's the end of act 2. There are 3 acts tho. I really enjoyed all of it.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 - Bergusia Forge and Izanagi's Burden exotic. That weapon questline was kind of a slog, but at least it wasn't locked behind totally ridiculous requirements - except for that Rare bounty that people are complaining about.

Some XB1 Game Pass games:

The Gardens Between - Beautiful, easy to pick up puzzle game in the vein of Braid, except much easier. The art direction reminded me of Life is Strange and maybe Oxenfree. Decent three hour game with simple achievements.

Strange Brigade - I really like the voice-over humor and voice acting. Gameplay is serviceable with some Tomb Raider-light puzzles and okay gunplay. The campaign drags in the second half due to the repetitive environments and enemies. I haven't gotten around to the co-op yet. Also, why does the narrator hate cats so much?

I'm going to do Life is Strange 2: Ep 1 and the RE2 demo this weekend.