• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

huggers

Dec 11, 2017
I've been a member of the other forum for a decade plus. I only dabble/lurk with fairly occasional posting on gaming forums but one thing I was hyped for/loved about back in the day was the origins and ongoing development of Dudebro 2. The website is still live I see but the last update was way way back. Is this thing now dead or will it ever see a release?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Its shit was fucked up so it had to shoot/slice you. It, apparently, was straight up dawg time.

Jocchan

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill
Got too big for it's own good, the life got in the way
Especially as a side thing when you have a main job.
Feature creep claims another indie
Dudebro has gone through a lot.

But its design was always surprisingly focused: only what could realistically go in was actually explored and prototyped, and besides the reboot, which was a necessity driven by lack of manpower, there were never changes in direction or any meandering whatsoever.

Instead, being a side effort from a small team with completely different jobs, it has gone through serious and sometimes prolonged droughts of time available to work on it, some of which I have mentioned a few times, and some of which I am not comfortable about disclosing (sorry about that).

We can shine the Jocchan signal.
I don't want to know what that looks like.
...Actually, I kinda do.

Last edited:

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info Jocchan always wanted to know what really happened, and if Dudebro ever sees the light of day

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
Missed this thread. But yeah life can be a pain . We are not a Dev studio. Just people from across the globe , that wanted to make something cool. But other priorities in life take over. But Dudebro is never truly gone as long as we are still alive. Perhaps someday ....

Also the comment about the downfall as "GAF's flagship game." Is misguided. And in fact we had denounced them early on when the story broke. Just felt that had to be said.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
The concept looked so solid. Surprised it never got some kind of release. Even now I think it would find an audience