• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
1033249144001_5184713276001_5184703447001-vs.jpg

Tamales

20151202-popover-yorkshire-pudding-food-lab-recipe-kenji-22-thumb-1500xauto-428882.jpg

Yorkshire Puddings

1371584386123.jpeg

Rib Roast

Eggnog-2009.jpg

Egg Nog

Other contenders:
Mulled Wine
Chestnuts

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Oh yeah, egg nog for sure, as well as the prime rib and yorkshire pudding. I also like rumtoph, pecan pie (not sure if this is specifically a holiday pie though), and biscochito cookies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Scottish but moved to the US. We don't usually eat Thanksgiving dinner and my in laws are Chinese so even when we do it's a Chinese banquet. So I really miss Turkey, stuffing etc at Christmas. Everyone just stares at me when I suggest it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I adore all the peppermint snacks and drinks that are available this time of year. As to actual made dishes my grandmother makes a delicious lemon delight for the holidays that I always look forward to.

(Not my image)

pic3CS9ch.jpg

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I visited the Toulouse Christmas Market and got mulled apple juice at 3 euro a cup twice. Worth it.

Less holiday, just cold weather in general: I mull apple cider. Nobody else in my house or guests over ever drinks it.

My mother's roll-out sugar cookie recipe. Any sprinkles melt in when baking and oh God I am hungry now

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
Eggnog mixed with 7up/Sprite. My Grandma also makes a good eggnog pie. I have the recipe for it but haven't tried it yet.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love Goose. It's family tradition. We buy a goose and turkey and I vastly prefer the Goose.

Expensive as hell tho.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Dutch adovcaat to drink, with lemonade to make snowballs.

Pigs in blankets.
Brussells sprouts wrapped in bacon.
Anything wrapped in bacon

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Non-alcoholic eggnog and pecan pie are my favorites. I drink waaaay too much eggnog!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eggnog, pumpkin pie (especially with streusel on it), sausage balls

Also my aunt used to make this amazing coffee punch at her Christmas parties but I haven't had it in years

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those Little Debbie Christmas tree shaped cakes and whiskey.

I am a sad, sad man.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Eggnog, pumpkin pie, and the ultimate: pumpkin spice eggnog
Actually... I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for pumpkin spice stuff this time of year.

As to actual made dishes my grandmother makes a delicious lemon delight for the holidays that I always look forward to.
I always get at least one full cheesecake from my grandmother this time of year. It's the most amazing thing.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I gain weight every Thanksgiving/Christmas and it's probably mostly due to eggnog. It's the one thing I'm excited for once October is about to end. Last year was when I discovered mixing it with stuff.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm Scottish but moved to the US. We don't usually eat Thanksgiving dinner and my in laws are Chinese so even when we do it's a Chinese banquet. So I really miss Turkey, stuffing etc at Christmas. Everyone just stares at me when I suggest it.

These two right here are my favorites. Some nice gravy and mashed potatoes are also stellar.

turkey-plate.jpg

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eight years ago I made tiramisu and now I'm expected to do it every fucing Thanksgiving and X-mas.

TiramisuMascarponeFifteenSpatulas.jpg

I want to branch out but I'm not allowed. it's required and I'm required to oblige.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I love peppermint-based treats. I only ever contemplate a hot beverage if it's peppermint hot chocolate. Peppermint chocolates, fudges, cookies, cheesecakes. Fucking nummy as hell.

I also have this strange association with cranberry Sierra Mist to this time of year. Was it a holiday release? I dig it.

Hamoody

Oct 25, 2017
I usually drink hot chocolate around this time, it always feels good during the winter season.