• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I loved Firewatch and was looking forward for this game.
Hope it comes out eventually.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the trailer has been removed from Campo Santo's official YouTube page as well.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Campo Santo has been Valve'd, unfortunately. Wouldn't be surprised if we never see them make another game as Campo Santo. Maybe some of their staff are involved in Half-Life VR, though.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Call me crazy but I really doubt Valve would buy a studio to just tell their game to fuck off and go work on other things, or that Campo Santo would agree to that deal at some point.

Gonna assume that either the game is done or they ended up not believing in the project and moving onto something else.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Loved Firewatch and was very excited for this game...

MEH...

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
someone fucked up and told them Campo was a game developer and not a VR brainstorming team

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
Not watched all of it yet, but Chris Remo (who is still apparently on Valley Of The Gods) did a podcast literally hours ago about what it's like working at Valve. Might have interesting stuff in it.

Oct 27, 2017
So they're just going to pretend it never existed? Fucking hell, Valve. You can't even release games when you buy ones already in development.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Looks like the trailer has been removed from Campo Santo's official YouTube page as well.
that was many months ago and was a music rights issue

a dev commented on it then and said everything was still going fine on it

but it's like tradition at this point to just assume the game is dead every couple months based on very little because people like dumb drama

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I hope it's not literally because Valve said "You're no longer making that, we're doing THIS thing, come help us." But you never know. I was really looking forward to that game. Firewatch is good enough to warrant a formulaic successor with another story and unique items. I loveeed the pitch for IVotG and it bums me the hell out it might've been cancelled.

I feel like if it was cancelled it's almost for sure that it wasn't due to lack of vision, because that trailer had a strong premise and awesome idea for another Firewatch-type of plot.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Not watched all of it yet, but Chris Remo (who is still apparently on Valley Of The Gods) did a podcast literally hours ago about what it's like working at Valve. Might have interesting stuff in it.

Damn Remo's stache game is still on point

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
the whole acquisition was weird and random. i thought it presaged a bunch of other buy outs but that probably would've happened by now

who knows what's brewin there

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure most of them are working on HLVR right now along with most other Valve developers, that's just how development works at Valve.

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
It's still on Valve's website and Steam from what I can see.
Changing Twitter bios doesn't seem like a big deal considering the rumors that Valve is solely focused on HLVR right now.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
tbf dont tons of games get axed along various stages of production? As long as Valve has that Steam money, we dont need to worry about losses from failed projects.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017

For what it's worth, Chris Remo's Twitter bio still mentions In the Valley of God's by name.

Nov 23, 2017
Maybe...the game designers and developers at Campo Santo, you know the actual people working on it themselves decided to cancel it or work on other projects. Or maybe nothing happened to it yet! And that gossiping and near conspiracy theories about external pressure etc Valve hate rah rah is kind of toxic and negative I feel. VNN is known to trade in half truths and misleading stuff anyway.

That's too crazy and logical though, can't be.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of whatever happened or hasn't happened, stuff like this is why I instantly hated to see them sell to Valve. I hate the absolute radio silence since then, the fact that a strong start in Firewatch has basically gone nowhere (if/when ItVotG releases, it would hardly be a shock if it's good - it's a Valve game now), and I hate the fact that Campo obviously had no choice but to jump on this opportunity.

It's just a total bummer. /rant

edit: well, radio silence isn't accurate, I mean more that we haven't seen the game at all post-acquisition

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's apparently been reworked into a Half-Life spinoff.

In the Valley of Dog.

x4lQHc1.jpg

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
VNN is known to trade in half truths and misleading stuff anyway.

Only because he's a young, incredibly passionate Valve fan, and there's actually an organized campaign by haters to intentionally feed him false information. He's learning from his mistakes, though, and his channel is getting better and better. Which is why he's getting scoops like an exclusive interview with Jeri Ellsworth.

Nov 23, 2017
Only because he's a young, incredibly passionate Valve fan, and there's actually an organized campaign by haters to intentionally feed him false information. He's learning from his mistakes, though, and his channel is getting better and better. Which is why he's getting scoops like an exclusive interview with Jeri Ellsworth.
Interesting to hear. I'll keep that in mind. Do you have receipts about there being a disinformation campaign to hurt his reputation (sounds a little far fetched...)

regardless, there's the classic outsider trying way too hard to peek in a fairly hard to penetrate organization vibe to him that's hard to ignore.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

I'm only 20 minutes in but Remo is talking about how he's growing so much in different skills sets and how different Valve is from other companies. He just said that he worked on dota underlords recently doing ui implementation.

Valley hasn't come up yet.

Edit holy shit Chris Remo has done a lot of stuff across so many things. website design and front end programming, sound design and music writing, scripting and game programming, writing and design. what a talented guy. makes him fit what valve says they want in an employee, the "t" skilled or whatever

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the same thing that happened to that VR game Valve was totally gonna ship.