• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You know, the song that the band/artist/group ends with that just gets the crowd in a tizzy right before they head to the exits.

For me it has to be "Run Like Hell" ending a Pink Floyd/Brit Floyd concert.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile

My favorite show closer ever, I was there to sing it so I'm happy.

2nd place is "Good Riddance (Time of your Life)" by Green Day.

And as a bonus... Anyway, here's Wonderwall...

Last edited:

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off on the 1989 Tour. She'd do Out of the Woods first and basically treat it as the end of the show, stretching it out for 8 minutes and exiting the stage at the end. There'd be a brief, dark pause then the first notes of Shake It Off would play and the crowd would erupt. Cue 9 minutes of delirious singing, screaming, and dancing by all 50,000+ people in the stadium.

P!nk does a freaking wire act as the encore for her latest tour. Like, soars around on wires and high fives people in the lower bowl.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Kanye West @ Coachella.

An amazing weekend, he played for hours and didn't talk between songs. Just three acts of music.

did one encore - Mama.

Tears everywhere.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Nikes at Frank Ocean with sing-a-long kareokee lyrics projected on the video displays. Talk about a cherry on top.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'll agree with this. I was in the pit for it at their last tour and my god. When that riff at the end kicks in it's impossible to not jump up
I've heard it live multiple times, though not always as a concert-ending song. And it's always the most hype shit ever. That crescendoing drum beat followed by the climax of the song is insane and indeed it's impossible to not get swept by it and just start jumping with the rest of the crowd. Even if you are already exhausted from the gig that preceded it. :p

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
The best I've seen personally was Only In Dreams at Weezer. They did a massive balloon drop. Shit was crazy.

Maybe it was confetti. One of the two

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Put in another vote for Knights of Cydonia. That fuckin' song man. Muse's live performances are invariably something else, and that shit is just next level live.

I love that they've been opening it with Man With the Harmonica too, because 1) that's also legit, and 2) it's fun when a lot of other people don't realize what's about to come next. :P

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Just saw Radiohead in Boston and they closed night 1 with Karma Police. An entire stadium full of people screaming "for a minute there I lost myself" was just fucking awesome.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if there still around but Pennywise used to close shows with thier song Bro Hym. An ode to thier deceased band member Jason Mathew thurk

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
Well Alice Cooper is the greatest showman of all time, and he normally closes with School's Out.
So School's Out

Oct 27, 2017
Pearl Jam "Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance

Last edited:

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
The most impactful out of all the concerts I have been to has to be "In This Twilight" by NIN for the "Lights in the Sky Over North America" tour. Basically a song about the world ending over the course of the song and the lights going out on the stage as the end of the song approaches its finale until a single spotlight is on Reznor playing the keyboard and at the very end it going out and the venue remaining in pitch black for a few minutes. No encore. That was it, and it was perfect.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

First Mogwai show at the peak of my fandom, they ended with this, which is the song that got me into them in the first place. Mind blown as I went on a magical journey for around 12 minutes.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
Pearl Jam Yellow Ledbetter. They have a half dozen closing songs, but this is probably their best.

It has no official lyrics. It was not a song that exists on any of their albums outside of Greatest Hits releases or a B-side.

Also it is typically the 25th to 35th song played at a Pearl Jam concert. So it is a nice comedown.

Yet the whole crowd tries to mumble along with Vedder when it is played.

https://youtu.be/Ah4hMiLXTIk

It is a wonderful goodnight from a band that is super intense for two and a half hours plus.

Also Rockin in the Free World. More of an upbeat high energy song. I was at this concert, and they were helped along by St. Vincent and Carrie Brownstein.

https://youtu.be/lzOHbYW7K64

Last edited: